Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Have you experienced or seen things that you could not explain? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=174277)

leeaspell 10-22-2014 11:08 PM

No, it's in the muscle, one night it might be on my left side, next night my right side. It moves around. It's outside my rib cage, in my peck(sp?) Muscle. Some nights it's fine. That's what they can't figure out, is why it moves around. If I sleep on my couch, I don't get it

Erik 10-24-2014 08:38 PM

Sometimes dogs do things that I cannot explain.

Came home late last night. Sat down with a drink at the computer to read this thread. Big hound was sitting next to me whining the whole time. So I take the hounds out for a walk. Come back, big hound is still whining. Whatever, I think and go to bed.

I had taken the cover off the big hound's chair, where she sleeps at night, to wash it and due to a hectic work week it took me two days to get it through the laundry. So, she cuddled up next to the bed on the floor. The hounds settle for the night and I pass out. Somewhere in the night I hear the big hound get up and leave the bedroom, but think nothing of it, as she does this frequently.

I woke up this morning and went to my office. I found my Gemsbok trophy from South Africa lying in the middle of the office, ears chewed off, and hide scratched up. It had been previously perched on some storage boxes as I had been moving stuff around, but it was about 4 feet off the ground. Not only would the hound have to scale either the storage boxes or the computer table, she had to drag a mount that is twice her size across 6 ft of office without tipping it over. Although angry, I was impressed.

This will sound pretty humanistic, but I swear that hound holds a grudge and executes a dirty trick with pure calculation. Anyone know what to do with a trashed Gemsbok mount?

Talking moose 10-24-2014 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik (Post 2590870)
Sometimes dogs do things that I cannot explain.

Came home late last night. Sat down with a drink at the computer to read this thread. Big hound was sitting next to me whining the whole time. So I take the hounds out for a walk. Come back, big hound is still whining. Whatever, I think and go to bed.

I had taken the cover off the big hound's chair, where she sleeps at night, to wash it and due to a hectic work week it took me two days to get it through the laundry. So, she cuddled up next to the bed on the floor. The hounds settle for the night and I pass out. Somewhere in the night I hear the big hound get up and leave the bedroom, but think nothing of it, as she does this frequently.

I woke up this morning and went to my office. I found my Gemsbok trophy from South Africa lying in the middle of the office, ears chewed off, and hide scratched up. It had been previously perched on some storage boxes as I had been moving stuff around, but it was about 4 feet off the ground. Not only would the hound have to scale either the storage boxes or the computer table, she had to drag a mount that is twice her size across 6 ft of office without tipping it over. Although angry, I was impressed.

This will sound pretty humanistic, but I swear that hound holds a grudge and executes a dirty trick with pure calculation. Anyone know what to do with a trashed Gemsbok mount?

:sHa_shakeshout:
Talking moose figures your dog is sensing unhappyness within you. Hound did this so you could go on another African Safari!!!!! Hound loves you.

drhu22 10-25-2014 12:23 AM

Talking moose speaks in the 3rd person constantly.

Fisherpeak 10-25-2014 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drhu22 (Post 2591042)
Talking moose speaks in the 3rd person constantly.

Thank You!!Fisher Peak hates that too.
He does live in his Moms basement though....

fretman57 11-20-2014 04:38 AM

Have you experienced or seen things that you could not explain?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf (Post 1920895)
Yep. Hiked into the old mine at Nordegg two separate nights back in September. Both times were quite the experience.

Something that happened to me a few years ago- I was riding along in a UTV with a neighbor after checking our coyote bait on a lease. Going past a snow covered field and we saw a "wave" moving across it. It was just like a wave you would see on the water but instead it was snow. Hit a fence and it disappeared. Both myself and the neighbor were confused and a little shaken.

Drift Sharks

Ken07AOVette 11-20-2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fretman57 (Post 2624327)
Drift Sharks

Jeep. Haven't you seen the commercials?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TCUzmJUeGs

ArtG 11-21-2014 10:16 AM

I never believed in superstition until I meet my wife 2 years ago. Since then I'm open to all possibilities. The things I experienced over the last two years has me believing in ghost, visions and even God. Now I'm not saying I a religious fanatic since I don't got to church, but i do take the time to talk to the man from time to time.

On several occasions i was able to talk to my late grandfather thru her while she was sleeping. She Usually woke up with a splitting head ache after and no idea of what happens.

She use to spend alot of time with children who had cancer at the hospital after her testing, she also made wigs for them. She became really close with one of the little girls who was 8. Once a week she would go and tuck her in at night and read her bed time stories. One night she was tossing and turning and woke up crying. when I asked what was wrong she told me that the little girl came to her in her sleep and she knew she passed away but was happy that she didn't have to be in pain any more. That morning she got a phone call from the girls mother that the girl passed away at night.

Three night later the wife was tossing and turning and woke up in cold sweat. I caught her half dressed and way out the door. When I asked her what is wrong she told me that she saw the little girls mom drinking at a bar and getting into a fetal car accident and that she going to the bar to talk to the mother. When I told her I coming with her she said no because I would be in the other car. Made her promise not to go with out me. Spent that night just laying in bed with the wife in tears. Got a call at 4am from the husband that his wife just died in a car crash.

Even after two years I still get that sick stomach feeling when i wake up in the middle of the night. Considering i can sleep thru anyting.

Sorry for the long post.

norwestalta 11-21-2014 10:39 AM

Art that's something. Got goose bumps reading it.

Talking moose 11-21-2014 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norwestalta (Post 2625873)

X2

260 Rem 11-21-2014 11:15 AM

Took a lot of years, but I finally figured it out. I was a 13 yr old farm boy sleeping in a city friend's basement. Woke up and when I looked towards the small window box, I saw round, blue light that moved from bottom to top .. this repeated several times. Never figured it out until 40 years later when I realized that it was a "floater" in my eye that was refracting from a street light.

foothillzman 11-21-2014 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lannie (Post 1920792)
My answer is yes. Was another reason to stop drinking.

hahahah awesome

Lone_Wolf 11-21-2014 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norwestalta (Post 2625873)

x3

Hydro1 11-21-2014 03:23 PM

Two nights ago at 12:30 a.m I was walking my dog before bed. Heard a loud humming that came out of nowhere. I looked up and all of a sudden the sky lit up for about 5 seconds. Very very bright blue light and the centre/brightest spot was moving. It then dissapeared and the humming slowly faded. Not scary, yet it still gave me goosebumps.

Ithaca Dog 02-02-2015 09:17 AM

Visitations

My Dad died valentines day 2001. Heart attack. My sister and I were in university and we rushed home that day. That night my wife and I were woken up by the door opening and my Dad asking us what we were doing home. Then he was gone and we were looking at each other sure we were loosing our minds. We talked about it and went back to bed sure it was just a weird dream where we had been connected by our loss. The next morning my sister was acting strangely and she told me she had dreamed that Dad had come to her in a dream the night before and gave her advice on how to move on with her life. My brother had a dream as well on that night were dad said goodbye. He also visited my mom that night as well. All this happened on valentines day night less than 24 hours after he had past. My brother was 15 at the time and he was involved in some activities that were not positive. About a year after dad died he was in the house with his girlfriend while my mom was working night shift, they were going to have a few drinks and they we're overcome by a feeling of anger and disappointment that he felt came from my dad. They both felt it and had to leave the house. As they left his room the door slammed shut behind them and they booked it for the truck. My brother stopped partying and using drugs after this. He truly felt like our dad was trying to let him know how disappointed he was in him.

drhu22 02-02-2015 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leeaspell (Post 2588797)
No, it's in the muscle, one night it might be on my left side, next night my right side. It moves around. It's outside my rib cage, in my peck(sp?) Muscle. Some nights it's fine. That's what they can't figure out, is why it moves around. If I sleep on my couch, I don't get it

I cant remember the tv show I saw it on, but some people were having reactions to memory foam that they use in mattresses. If you have no issues sleeping outside the bedroom, maybe thats something to consider. If not memory foam then maybe something else in the bedroom. I know some people are allergic to down pillows, comforters, etc.

briverb 02-19-2015 09:00 AM

BFRO Episode from Kananaskis

I saw an episode that BFRO filmed in Kananaskis a few years ago on TV. I was able to find it on the internet about a year ago. I cannot find it now. Either I am getting bad on finding stuff on the internet as I age, or it is gone.

Does anyone know the episode I am referring??

Any chance someone has the link to it??

Thanks

Jay T 02-19-2015 11:40 AM

As told to me by my mother,

I was born in the same hospital, same day that my grandfather who was in for a heart attack told my mom he had a dream about her son, me. My mom, who was not pregnant, (I am adopted) asked about it and he told her that he and I were in his chair at her place, and I asked him to shoot John Wayne with his pistol(grampa was a cop).

Well, grampa died 7 days later, childrens aid called my folks same day and said they had a boy for them. they turned down this child because of the circumstances and asked for the next available boy. That next available boy was me. Dad and gramma insisted that because grampa had named me in his dream that would be my name.

When my grampa was alive after his evening shift he would come by my folks place (had his own key) drop his boots on the floor. thunk thunk, and come down stairs to have a beer with my folks and relax before heading home. for months after Grampa died my folks would here the familiar thunk thunk. the standing joke was "dad's home" between my mom and dad, until one night after the thunk thunk, my basinette that was beside my mom started rocking like someone was soothing the baby(me). from that night on everytime the thunk thunk, grampa rocked me. My mom swears that I was out cold and not moving, but that bassinette would rock. my dad backs her story, and 42 years later I still feel my grampa's presence, I even went so far as to name my son after him.

Wish I would of got to meet him, the stories I hear about him he was a great man.

stuckincity 02-19-2015 01:40 PM

A couple of months ago I saw a bunch of 10 UFOs flying in formation.
The leading UFO had a bright red floodlight up front; and it and the another 8 behind it had some sort of extensions underneath moving back and forth in a rhythmic fashion.

The 10th UFO bringing up the rear was longer and wider than the others with a string of red lights down its side, and a fat alien at the controls wearing some kind of red and white uniform.

They went over pretty fast, so I didn't get a real good look at them. They were the weirdest things I ever saw and I can't explain them to this day.

As usual, the Military people denied seeing anything on their radar, or having anything in the air, at approximately 10PM December 24th, 2014.

driller212 08-17-2015 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fisherpeak (Post 1924824)
Sleep paraylisis.Common and terrifying.
Another aspect of it is the feeling of floating up off the bed.I had it once,I woke up(or thought I did) at 2 in the morning and I lifted up into the air above my bed until I nearly touched the ceiling.I was scared I might not stop,squeezed my eyes shut and after a minute I was O.K.I have read about it since,it`s like sleepwalking or dreaming semi awake.Of course I didn`t levitate but you sure couldn`t tell me that at the time.Absolutly seemed real to me.Apparently that is common in sleep paraylisis too.

I had a terrifying sleep paralysis event this year. I had been reading/watching too much alien crap (I am pretty into the paranormal - Shoot me :p ). I had that feeling when you are half awake like you are sleeping in, and suddenly I realized I couldn't move and felt a malevolent presence in the room, and before I could think I found myself yelling "you aren't taking me this time you bastards!". Simultaneously it felt as if someone was lifting my leg up and dragging me from the bed. I will tell you I have left the alien crap alone for some time now... The fear I felt was deeply primal and disturbing, it makes my eyes water to think about it. I have some weird previous experiences and family experiences to contribute here as well. All in due time.

Okotokian 08-17-2015 04:50 PM

Have you experienced or seen things that you could not explain?

edit
lol

Talking moose 08-17-2015 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driller212 (Post 2930672)
I had a terrifying sleep paralysis event this year. I had been reading/watching too much alien crap (I am pretty into the paranormal - Shoot me :p ). I had that feeling when you are half awake like you are sleeping in, and suddenly I realized I couldn't move and felt a malevolent presence in the room, and before I could think I found myself yelling "you aren't taking me this time you bastards!". Simultaneously it felt as if someone was lifting my leg up and dragging me from the bed. I will tell you I have left the alien crap alone for some time now... The fear I felt was deeply primal and disturbing, it makes my eyes water to think about it. I have some weird previous experiences and family experiences to contribute here as well. All in due time.

X2......exactly!

densa44 08-17-2015 05:12 PM

Just once

I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets, but it was a very cold day.

pikeslayer22 08-17-2015 05:34 PM

Had a dream that the Alberta electorate voted the NDP in to power.

cougar chaser 08-17-2015 05:57 PM

When i was between sixteen and seventeen years old i was walking from the shop to the house late one night. The wind was howling and pushing the trees around. I clearly heard someone call my name from the large tree row on the north side of our yard.
Still bugs me thirty years later

guywiththemule 08-17-2015 06:40 PM

Seen a federal ndp supporter look at his guns and switch parties(not pretty hair) in mid stride without swearing at Harper !!!!:sHa_shakeshout::sHa_sarcasticlol:

Astrocyte 08-17-2015 07:20 PM

When I was maybe 8? 9? I woke up in the morning to find some sticks and leaves in my bed. Freaked me right out. I was not outside playing the night before so nothing could have attached to me. And I did not have them in my bed when I got in. Siblings were too young to go play a prank like that on me either. I did sleep walk once before but nothing extreme. Around that age I used to wake up a lot to alien dreams too. No idea if the dreams and leaves were connected but I was sure scared and had no explanation.

the bourbon peasant 08-17-2015 08:12 PM

Had a couple strange things happen, but only when something bad will happen.

10 yrs ago, I was heading to town from my parents farm, and noticed a friend of my dads filling his air seeder in the field along the road. I went to town, fueled up my truck, and was heading home. As I passed the equipment in the field, I noticed the hoist still up on the grain truck. I still remember the feeling I had, that something wasn't right, and slowed the truck right down to a crawl, but didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I ignored the feeling, since I didn't really know the guy, and thought I would look stupid for stopping for nothing.

Turned out to be the biggest regret of my life. Dad got a phone call about 2 hrs later...turns out the truck had rolled back and pinned Keith, eventually suffocating him. If I had listened to that feeling, he might still be here.

I had the same feeling watching my friends drive away a couple hours before the crash that left one of them a quadriplegic. They passed us on hwy 1, and as they did, my friend turned to watch us from the back seat. I still remember her face clear as day, and again the terrible feelings came, and I pushed them aside. My wife and I returned home and just climbed into bed when the phone rang. My wife answered, and when she told me the news, I wasn't surprised at all. I told her that I thought I had a premonition, and it's something I still strongly believe.

I'm not one to believe in things I can't explain, and am a pretty strong skeptic...prob more than I should be. That being said, these things have really stuck with me, were as real as anything, and will be the last time I ignore a feeling that something isn't right.

Iskra 08-17-2015 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pikeslayer22 (Post 2930732)
Had a dream that the Alberta electorate voted the NDP in to power.

I hate bad dreams.

driller212 08-19-2015 09:20 AM

My father when he was younger used to live in the basement of a ladies house in Nanaimo. I would visit him often and we would hang out etc. The basement was dark and always gave me the heebie jeebies (I was about 10yrs old). I always felt like someone was watching me. One night we were sitting on the couch next to the fireplace, it suddenly became insanely cold, and my hairs stood up on the back of my neck. Almost simultaneously the carpet in between the couch and fireplace moved, a ripple went through it. My dad and I looked at each other and I said something like "Stop it dad you are scaring me!" and Dad said "It wasn't me.... I can't even reach the carpet" and showed me that with his legs stretched out he could not even touch the carpet. One of the weirdest things that has happened to me hands down. The landlord while gardening accidentally dug up some children's bones and apparently her yard (ie the property) was discovered to be some kind of Native burial ground. I honestly don't even believe in ghosts or the afterlife really, but regardless it was a weird experience.