Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Window tinting in Edmonton (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=382630)

brslk 06-03-2020 07:45 PM

Window tinting in Edmonton

I booked an appointment last week with a place to get my windows tinted on a car I recently bought. I left work early and my wife followed me across town in rush hour traffic to get there for my 5:00pm appointment. At around 4:45 the guy texts me that he's too busy and won't be able to get to me today. We were already almost there. I wasn't impressed and let him know. He offered to do it later in the evening but I already had plans and it this point don't trust him anyway.

Just wondering if anyone here has any recommendations for a place in the Edmonton area to get the back two side windows and the rear window tinted?

I'm going away this weekend and wanted it done by then, I'm hoping I can find a place that has time to do it and won't flake out.

liar 06-03-2020 09:06 PM

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=382507

rusty99 06-03-2020 10:58 PM

Tint studio on west end does great work and uses high end ceramic tint material. They do tons of high end fancy cars so I definitely trusted them with my truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sundancefisher 06-03-2020 11:19 PM

What is the law currently for tinting car windows?

brslk 06-04-2020 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundancefisher (Post 4181176)

Cant tint the front two side windows or the windshield

stubby99ca 06-04-2020 06:09 AM

Tint Factory

Quote:

Originally Posted by brslk (Post 4181078)
I booked an appointment last week with a place to get my windows tinted on a car I recently bought. I left work early and my wife followed me across town in rush hour traffic to get there for my 5:00pm appointment. At around 4:45 the guy texts me that he's too busy and won't be able to get to me today. We were already almost there. I wasn't impressed and let him know. He offered to do it later in the evening but I already had plans and it this point don't trust him anyway.

Just wondering if anyone here has any recommendations for a place in the Edmonton area to get the back two side windows and the rear window tinted?

I'm going away this weekend and wanted it done by then, I'm hoping I can find a place that has time to do it and won't flake out.

Was it the Tint Factory? They did something similar and jerked me around in the past

Redneck 7 06-04-2020 06:13 AM

Hi Tech Tinting. They did my truck and I was very impressed by there professionalism. Truck turned out great and still no blemishes in the tint. Was very punctual too, give them a call.

rusty99 06-04-2020 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundancefisher (Post 4181176)

Law says no tint on front drivers & passengers window or the windshield. However I’ve had a mild-medium tiny on my front windows for years and never been bothered by the cops.

bezzola 06-04-2020 07:44 AM

I deal with extreme tint 97st and YHT they have done all my vehicles.

Gerald J 06-04-2020 08:02 AM

I will second Tint Studio on the west end. There was a similar thread about Edmonton area tinting a few years ago (not the link to the thread above). A lot of recommendations everywhere but multiple recommendations from St. Albert Tint and Tint Studio. It was a small job. I had a rock shatter my driver's side window. Got the glass, now I just needed the tint. I phoned St. Albert Tint twice, got a price ($65) and told them I would phone them back. Couldn't get a hold of them on the return call and even requested a call back from their website (twice). Never had a reply. I went to plan B, Tint Studio. Customer service is everything. I know this was a small job but small jobs lead to bigger jobs.

Oh yeah, Tint Studio was only $60. So, I bought myself a Starbucks with the money I saved.

BloodHound70 06-04-2020 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusty99 (Post 4181236)
Law says no tint on front drivers & passengers window or the windshield. However I’ve had a mild-medium tiny on my front windows for years and never been bothered by the cops.

Edmonton Police don't really seem to care too much. Don't drive into St.Albert as there is one particular RC out there that will stop you EVERY time. I got stopped 3 times in a little over a month (2 tickets) before I took it off. Not worth the BS anymore. When I went to get it off, the guy was surprised I was taking it off until I told him I drive in St.Albert all the time, and he replied "Nuf said" and took it off.
Heard Sherwood Park is bad as well.

BH

rusty99 06-04-2020 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodHound70 (Post 4181495)
Edmonton Police don't really seem to care too much. Don't drive into St.Albert as there is one particular RC out there that will stop you EVERY time. I got stopped 3 times (2 tickets) before I took it off. Not worth the BS anymore..
Heard Sherwood Park is bad as well.

BH

I’ve lived in St.Albert for over 20 years and always had front window tint and never has an issue.

KGB 06-04-2020 02:25 PM

Clear Choice on the west end, great guys to deal with and excellent quality. They are just across the street from the Mercedes dealership.

EZM 06-04-2020 04:29 PM

The people that get stopped for tinted front windows are the same guys with loud exhaust stereos thumping and spoilers on the back of their imports - cops don't seem to look twice if the tint isn't "limo blackout" and you are not drawing attention to yourself. A mild tint isn't legal on the front windows, but they are not going to chase you down either - at least not in my experience.

I had an officer mention it when I got pulled over for speeding, and I asked him do they write a lot of tickets for that? and he laughed and said "NO, I think you are fine, have a good day".

brslk 06-05-2020 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubby99ca (Post 4181208)
Was it the Tint Factory? They did something similar and jerked me around in the past

It was a place on 50 St and 136 Ave in behind the Mr Lube. Even though the guy wasted my time and ****ed me off, I don't wanna slam his business online. Maybe it was just a bad employee or something.