Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Masks Mandatory In ALL Indoor Public Places In Edmonton (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=385368)

1899b 07-29-2020 02:17 PM

Masks Mandatory In ALL Indoor Public Places In Edmonton

Starting this Saturday folks. Mask shortage in 3 2 1...... LOL!!!!!!

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/mobile/m...ug-1-1.5043504

1899b 07-29-2020 02:41 PM

Sorry, in ALL indoor public spaces

guysmiley 07-29-2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1899b (Post 4210201)
Sorry, in ALL indoor public spaces

Except schools... as they fall under provincial legislation my wife told me.

Seems stupid to not make it mandatory in places with hundreds of kids that all pick their noses...

1899b 07-29-2020 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guysmiley (Post 4210211)
Except schools... as they fall under provincial legislation my wife told me.

Seems stupid to not make it mandatory in places with hundreds of kids that all pick their noses...

That is odd... but like you say, if they fall under provincial legislation that’s up to Mr Kenny I guess...

Lefty-Canuck 07-29-2020 03:16 PM

In Edmonton it’s all spaces the public has unfettered access to.

LC

58thecat 07-29-2020 03:28 PM

gotta start putting the hammer down...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...bate-1.5667214

guysmiley 07-29-2020 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck (Post 4210217)
In Edmonton it’s all spaces the public has unfettered access to.

LC

From the article:

"Masks would not be necessary in Edmonton schools or childcare facilities, hospitals and health care centres, or work spaces where staff are separated from patrons."

Zip-in-Z 07-29-2020 03:48 PM

Good ... s/b Mandatory across the country!

HuyFishin 07-29-2020 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1899b (Post 4210191)
Starting this Saturday folks. Mask shortage in 3 2 1...... LOL!!!!!!

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/mobile/m...ug-1-1.5043504

I ordered a bunch of mask already :)

elkhunter11 07-29-2020 04:38 PM

Just another reason to stay out of Edmonton.

WayneChristie 07-29-2020 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guysmiley (Post 4210228)
From the article:

"Masks would not be necessary in Edmonton schools or childcare facilities, hospitals and health care centres, or work spaces where staff are separated from patrons."

you cant enter the hospital in Brooks without a mask on. you get stopped at the door and fill out a questionaire then they put a mask on you why should Edmonton be any different I dont understand. why does every place have their own ideas?

nimrod 07-29-2020 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuyFishin (Post 4210242)
I ordered a bunch of mask already :)

Please advise where you bought your make from, thanks

ESOXangler 07-29-2020 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WayneChristie (Post 4210255)
you cant enter the hospital in Brooks without a mask on. you get stopped at the door and fill out a questionaire then they put a mask on you why should Edmonton be any different I dont understand. why does every place have their own ideas?

They're just stepping up because Randy cant be bothered to potentially alienate his base.

hogie 07-29-2020 05:13 PM

Quote:

All hospitals require masks to enter. Funny thing is they don't all take temperature entering. U of A today for an doc visit,standard questions, give you a mask. Wetaskiwin hospital same questions, mask neede but take your temp as well. Wetaskiwin been taking temp since April. My moms been in and out so have to visit her in Wetaskiwin.

Don't head into Edmonton too much since this all stated. Funny how many people drive around with masks half on their face. Then they would pull it up to go into a store. Hope they realize they need to sanitize there hands every time they touch that mask. Pretty useless otherwise. Touching their face then touching everything else.

ehrgeiz 07-29-2020 05:18 PM

Strongly opposed to this. It's an absolute overreach of authority by a Province let alone a Muni which will certainly create an enforcement quagmire which will erupt in confrontation and conflict of varying severity. All for dubious gain or benefit in the big picture unless your goal is to divide and pit people against each other.

I wish we could set fear aside and come to terms with the reality that this thing was always gonna buck. We slowed it down initially to prepare, but now it feels like we're just drawing out the inevitable pain to come this fall and winter.

ESOXangler 07-29-2020 05:20 PM

Quote:

They're just stepping up because Randy cant be bothered to potentially alienate his base.

Lefty-Canuck 07-29-2020 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guysmiley (Post 4210228)
From the article:

Yup... the public doesn’t have unfettered access to the areas listed, not anyone can go there.

LC

npbra 07-29-2020 05:31 PM

Went to my doctor this morning, no social distancing floor decals, no hand sanitizer and no masks. reaffirms my position on this fake plandemic. It's pure and simple bull%$@)

elkhunter11 07-29-2020 05:34 PM

I wonder what would happen if a person went to renew their passport, and refused to remove their mask for their picture?:thinking-006:

HyperMOA 07-29-2020 05:40 PM

When this whole thing was starting out and there was shortages in masks; didn’t that Theresa Tam lady say they were ineffective? Also many nurses and healthcare officials told us that the general public using masks were a waste. Have these people changed their positions? If they have not admitted their mistakes and the Canadian health official has told us they are ineffective how could they ever be mandated?

Since day one I have believed masks are effective. I just want those who lied to the general public should be held accountable.

stubblejumper01 07-29-2020 05:53 PM

She also said stopping air travel would make no difference.

Outbound 07-29-2020 06:01 PM

251 active cases in a city of 1,021,628. 0.025% of the population.

Of those 251, using Canada's numbers roughly 7% will die. (FWIW, I think 7% is an extremely high estimate)

17 people. 0.0016% of Edmonton's population.

Of those 17 people, how many are already knocking at death's door through old age or other serious health concerns? How many would have been taken out by the regular flu?

HyperMOA 07-29-2020 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubblejumper01 (Post 4210291)
She also said stopping air travel would make no difference.

I know. I just want her to be held accountable for her words. It would be almost worth being ticketed and taking it to court.

CMichaud 07-29-2020 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ehrgeiz (Post 4210275)
Strongly opposed to this. It's an absolute overreach of authority by a Province let alone a Muni which will certainly create an enforcement quagmire which will erupt in confrontation and conflict of varying severity. All for dubious gain or benefit in the big picture unless your goal is to divide and pit people against each other.

I wish we could set fear aside and come to terms with the reality that this thing was always gonna buck. We slowed it down initially to prepare, but now it feels like we're just drawing out the inevitable pain to come this fall and winter.

Agreed - if anyone should be directing this it should be our expert - Dr Hinshaw.

As per Alberta Govt site (updated 28 Jul 20), Edmonton Zone has 278 active cases of which 72 are in Edmonton's Good Samaritan Southgate Care Centre. Edmonton has had a relatively stable positivity rate (1.08 as at 28 Jul 20).

Interestingly in Holland today...

The Cabinet of the Netherlands will not make wearing masks in public mandatory across the country as a way of fighting the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus, but it will introduce new measures designed to influence public behavior, said Medical Care Minister Tamara van Ark at a press conference on Wednesday. During the meeting she did not offer any specifics about the Cabinet's plans. Locally, different rules could be implemented experimentally by the country's 25 different regional security councils.

Jaap van Dissel, head of public health agency RIVM, said there was no reason to introduce a face mask obligation nationally. "The evidence to do that is simply missing," he said at the press event. He repeated his earlier opinion that face masks have an "extraordinarily small effect" in stopping the spread of the infection.

lyallpeder 07-29-2020 06:14 PM

Quote:

Medical center’s and hospitals in Edmonton do the same thing. It’s just not controlled by the city like going to Canadian tire now is.

liar 07-29-2020 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elkhunter11 (Post 4210251)

yup

Bigwoodsman 07-29-2020 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outbound (Post 4210293)
251 active cases in a city of 1,021,628. 0.025% of the population.

Of those 251, using Canada's numbers roughly 7% will die. (FWIW, I think 7% is an extremely high estimate)

17 people. 0.0016% of Edmonton's population.

Of those 17 people, how many are already knocking at death's door through old age or other serious health concerns? How many would have been taken out by the regular flu?

I’m so excited we have a guy like Donny do as I say looking after us! What a pp excuse of a mayor.

BW

obsessed1 07-29-2020 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by npbra (Post 4210280)
Went to my doctor this morning, no social distancing floor decals, no hand sanitizer and no masks. reaffirms my position on this fake plandemic. It's pure and simple bull%$@)

Amen. fake pandemic. Complete total overreach by government. Full stop. Like you said pure and simple bull.

Roughneck12 07-29-2020 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elkhunter11 (Post 4210251)

This.

Nayr 07-29-2020 07:17 PM

I don’t know, I’m wearing a mask in deadmonton already, have been for awhile. Even at work I can go on sites with a mask and they can’t tell if I’m clean shaven.