Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Arrowed deer. Camrose. (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=351738)

Talking moose 09-21-2018 08:23 PM

Arrowed deer. Camrose.

Could be a legal hunt outside of town but I’m betting it was some tard from in town.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...64ada7e306.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCC 09-21-2018 08:27 PM

That's not cool. Hopefully SRD can tranquilize the deer and remove the arrow.

Kurt505 09-21-2018 08:28 PM

Oh man, that deer has to be darted and that arrow has to come out.

Why on earth does someone try a head shot with a bow??? I don’t even do that with a rifle.

creeky 09-21-2018 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCC (Post 3844360)

Or put it out of it's misery.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alacringa 09-21-2018 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creeky (Post 3844365)
Or put it out of it's misery.--

^This. Surely that arrow must have caused permanent brain damage. What kind of halfwit would do such a thing!?

Trochu 09-21-2018 08:48 PM

Painful to see, in more ways than one.

Howard Hutchinson 09-21-2018 08:49 PM

Holy crow, thats terrible to see and know somebody would take that shot?

260 Rem 09-21-2018 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trochu (Post 3844375)
Painful to see, in more ways than one.

So true.

drake 09-21-2018 09:21 PM

Disgusting....

JareS 09-21-2018 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCC (Post 3844360)

F&W won't do that. They either dispatch it or leave it be

Had a Mule buck with an arrow in it in my backyard in Calgary growing up. Wouldn't do anything about it

Lefty-Canuck 09-21-2018 09:36 PM

That’s how bowhunting gets a bad name...horrible.

LC

remizu 09-22-2018 07:37 AM

what a moron.

Kurt505 09-22-2018 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck (Post 3844408)
That’s how bowhunting gets a bad name...horrible.

LC

You gotta think, when the anti’s got wind of that atlatl bear kill they had atlatl Hunting shut down completely, imagine what they’ll do with this???

HoytCRX32 09-22-2018 08:51 AM

Is it a field point? I can't tell

Zip 09-22-2018 09:26 AM

This picture made my eyes water...not tears, just because thats what happens seeing a picture like this..hope someone does the right thing here!
Zip

ReconWilly 09-22-2018 11:15 AM

An for an eye would be fitting punishment.

Sledhead71 09-22-2018 11:19 AM

Tough to look at but stuff does happen... Could have been a very ethical release that deflected, happens.

Even our community is jumping to conclusions, enjoy the decline people.

barnvdeedle 09-22-2018 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sledhead71 (Post 3844587)
Tough to look at but stuff does happen... Could have been a very ethical release that deflected, happens.

X2

Big Lou 09-22-2018 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sledhead71 (Post 3844587)

Agree that the benefit of doubt should be given, as rotten as it is to see. That being said. In town, I can see a brainer would be a likely shot to take in the hopes of anchoring the thing where it stands. Maybe that’s a reach, but where my money would be.

But you’re right. The best of intentions can go very sideways in a hurry.

Talking moose 09-22-2018 01:22 PM

This is where the pic came from. In the thread, a woman said she had informed f@w 2 days before this was posted and was brushed off.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c7865ddc7f.png

Talking moose 09-22-2018 01:25 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...eb1e1d89e6.png

Zip-in-Z 09-22-2018 01:29 PM

S.S. & S-up!

Kurt505 09-22-2018 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talking moose (Post 3844641)

How lazy!

I’m all for fish and wildlife officers and 99% of the time support them, but they should have enough sense to do something about this. They are knowingly helping to give us a bad image.

ReconWilly 09-22-2018 02:15 PM

All these strange cases of wildlife wrong doing's all occurring at a time when there is an active gun grab agenda going on is making me question who is really behind this garbage...someone trying to make hunter's look bad to further their own agendas?

Since when is F&W not interested/too busy for thing's like this?

Who is preventing them from investigating?

Something stinks around here.

I know i know crazy talk.

shooter12 09-22-2018 02:33 PM

Looking at this photo makes me think that the arrow was sent by a person who is not new to archery.
He knew how to shoot for sure and was trying to make a brain shot on that poor deer.
Bullet from any legal hunting calibre would have put that animal on a spot ,but obviously not an arrow...
I hope that person would see this photo of a suffering animal and consequences of his stupidity .
S12

expedition 09-22-2018 02:44 PM

Every one deserves the benifit of the doubt! Fact a deer can almost lick its own bum. Hunter going for in angled shot when at the time of release the deer jerks his head rearward . Possible .it kind of looks to me its a broadhead with green something on it.

Big Sky 09-22-2018 03:38 PM

Sometimes bad stuff happens.
IMO, it can be difficult to tell when a deer is going to move. Will he take a step? Will he turn? Will he raise his head? With time, it gets easier to read what they are going to do.

I really hate to think that someone did this on purpose. Given how far this is from the heart/lung area, I'm leaning toward someone did this on purpose.

Even if this was done by a couple of local idiots, it will be blamed on hunters.
Can't believe that this isn't being 'taken care of', seeing as it's wandering in city limits.

MK2750 09-23-2018 08:22 AM

I remember for a week that Ed the Duck was headline news in Calgary. IIRC, Ed had the plastic retainer that keeps a six pack together stuck on his head. Around the world people suffered but Ed had Calgarians in an uproar. There was talk from banning beer to lynching red neck beer drinkers.

This isn't quite as ridiculous but right up there. There was a time not long ago when this would have been the definition of a free lunch.

Killing is sometimes a messy business and shots are missed. If there is a young hunter reading this thread in disgust or perhaps even the actual hunter that took this shot, let me be the first to say; It can happen to anyone. It's not a matter of if, it is when. Unless you are a liar or too lazy to actually hunt and a liar, some shot, someday, will not go exactly as planned. On day one someone should have popped this animal behind the ear and be barbecuing the results, not re-posting, sharing and clucking like a bunch of startled hens.

The OP should be ashamed for posting this on a hunting forum and giving it more air time for the anti hunting crowd to find it. Why not just email direct and be done with it? The thread should be deleted and forgotten about. There will be hundreds of deer wounded and left to die on the side of the high way over the next couple of months. Thank goodness there is good people out there harvesting the meat in a humane manner and causing less suffering for these animals by controlling populations.

Bushrat 09-23-2018 08:40 AM

Was this deer in the town of Camrose? Does the city of Camrose have a no hunting bylaw or discharge of firearms and bows law?

Last year some yahoo chased and ran down a deer in the mall parking lot in our town with his truck. Even when idiots like that do these things, fingers always get pointed at hunters. The public thinking goes to default and their first conclusion is it must have been a hunter. They believe the only people who would deliberately run down a deer would be hunters, must be hunters, nobody else would want to do that but a hunter. The deck of public opinion is already stacked against hunters and when things like this happen it just adds fuel to the anti hunters agenda.

Xbolt7mm 09-23-2018 08:52 AM

I cant even look at that,,,breaks my heart