Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   interesting stats (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=378607)

geezer55 03-26-2020 05:59 PM

interesting stats

https://www.worldometers.info/

Jigsalot 03-26-2020 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geezer55 (Post 4135346)

Some amazing data to look at here. Did you see the health care ticker. Wow. Thanks for sharing.

ghfalls 03-26-2020 09:54 PM

I’m not sure I buy that we will be out of oil in 43 years.

CBintheNorth 03-26-2020 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghfalls (Post 4135481)
I’m not sure I buy that we will be out of oil in 43 years.

I definitely don't. But I wish more people would start thinking it was true.

Kurt505 03-26-2020 10:01 PM

Over 114,000 flu related deaths this year so far... that’s and eye opener.

Nearly 1.2 million deaths caused by smoking so far this year and I’m locked in my house because of corona!!!!

Seems to me they should just stop making cigarettes and let us get back to life as usual. :thinking-006:

tri777 03-26-2020 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt505 (Post 4135486)
Over 114,000 flu related deaths this year so far...that’s an eye opener.

Nearly 1.2 million deaths caused by smoking so far this year and I’m locked in my house because of corona!!!!

Seems to me they should just stop making cigarettes and let us get back to life as usual. :thinking-006:

It makes one wonder, are all the homeless isolated in their homes too?
All the homeless in California in their tents, I think they are in groups of more than 20.

Kurt505 03-26-2020 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tri777 (Post 4135504)
It makes one wonder, are all the homeless isolated in their homes too?

Short answer ,

Nope. Not even close!!!

I am working on a building on 118 ave, right in the sweet spot in Beverly. The sidewalks were packed today, one of the guys doing the siding was ready to snap, he probably got asked at least 20x if he could spare some cash or smokes. I’m not sure if welfare checks came out yesterday but wow what a difference from 2 days ago. All that money handed out in welfare gets put immediately back into the economy. I even had one gentleman come by, obviously concerned for my well being as he offered to sell me face masks. Not even kidding. Saw another nice lady have a crap in the alley right out the back door of the building we are constructing.

Luckily I had my oldest son with me today (17), he was able to see what no education and no work ethic will lead to first hand, I know it was a real eye opener for him.

tri777 03-26-2020 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt505 (Post 4135512)
Short answer ,

Nope. Not even close!!!

I am working on a building on 118 ave, right in the sweet spot in Beverly. The sidewalks were packed today, one of the guys doing the siding was ready to snap, he probably got asked at least 20x if he could spare some cash or smokes. I’m not sure if welfare checks came out yesterday but wow what a difference from 2 days ago. All that money handed out in welfare gets put immediately back into the economy. I even had one gentleman come by, obviously concerned for my well being as he offered to sell me face masks. Not even kidding. Saw another nice lady have a crap in the alley right out the back door of the building we are constructing.

Luckily I had my oldest son with me today (17), he was able to see what no education and no work ethic will lead to first hand, I know it was a real eye opener for him.

Just stunning!!
Why is the most healthy sector of the population being so locked down, yet the drug & diseased folk running
free & rampant, no one bats an eye.

Kurt505 03-26-2020 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tri777 (Post 4135515)
Just stunning!!
Why is the most healthy sector of the population being so locked down, yet the drug & diseased folk running

Literally groups of between 3 and upwards of 10 walking everywhere pretty much all day long. I worked until 8 this evening and it was getting worse and worse as the evening went on.

zabbo 03-27-2020 07:00 AM

Quote:

Just stunning!!

Darwin! Just taking care of business. It will all work out in the end.
You'll see. :sHa_shakeshout:

58thecat 03-27-2020 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zabbo (Post 4135563)
Darwin! Just taking care of business. It will all work out in the end.
You'll see. :sHa_shakeshout:

Yup....

And mother nature running her course....

1899b 03-27-2020 08:32 AM

Quote:

Just stunning!!

It’s not about no one batting an eye, it’s about having no where to put these people. I’m sure if you want to volunteer your home, garage or shed, the constabulary would be most happy....

Or maybe we we should just shoot them??

Buckhead 03-27-2020 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1899b (Post 4135613)
It’s not about no one batting an eye, it’s about having no where to put these people. I’m sure if you want to volunteer your home, garage or shed, the constabulary would be most happy....

Or maybe we we should just shoot them??

Apparently there are a lot of empty schools. Pick one and there you go.

You will probably have to demo it later - but it gets them off the streets.

1899b 03-27-2020 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckhead (Post 4135619)
Apparently there are a lot of empty schools. Pick one and there you go.

You will probably have to demo it later - but it gets them off the streets.

You would also need staff. Volunteers???

Buckhead 03-27-2020 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1899b (Post 4135624)
You would also need staff. Volunteers???

From what I have been reading there are still staff and volunteers. They are saying they have not been given any money or resources to be able to do anything.

bat119 03-27-2020 08:55 AM

They closed the bottle return depots forcing the homeless to beg in the streets

1899b 03-27-2020 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bat119 (Post 4135634)

Not in Sherwood Park. Brought ours back Monday after work. Unless they are closed now maybe...

1899b 03-27-2020 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckhead (Post 4135631)
From what I have been reading there are still staff and volunteers. They are saying they have not been given any money or resources to be able to do anything.

I’m misunderstanding you maybe? Schools still have their staff working. (Step daughter is a teacher). They are doing lesson plans and doing online schooling with the kids...

So schools arent empty empty as the staff is still at school. Are you saying that my stepdaughter should babysit these homeless at the school??

bessiedog 03-27-2020 09:39 AM

Schools still have staff in them. admin is there every day an cleaning staff is there everyday

some staff are working from home... I'm working mostly from home cause my daughters immune system...

I go in super early (5-6 AM) or super late (6-7PM)... so I can avoid people... no one goes into my room.... i wear gloves and exo clothing.

but ya... I could see schools being used if this goes where it may go.

Buckhead 03-27-2020 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1899b (Post 4135648)
I’m misunderstanding you maybe? Schools still have their staff working. (Step daughter is a teacher). They are doing lesson plans and doing online schooling with the kids...

So schools arent empty empty as the staff is still at school. Are you saying that my stepdaughter should babysit these homeless at the school??

No, I am not suggesting that teachers and educators should start caring for the homeless. I wouldn't want to put those people at undue risk. We will need them when society restarts.

There are agencies that typically deal with the homeless; The Mustard Seed, Boyle Street, Salvation Army, Food Bank, Catholic Social Services, etc. are saying that they have the people but not the money or resources.

CaberTosser 03-27-2020 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bat119 (Post 4135634)

I was noting to my wife last week how we don’t want to be anywhere near a bottle depot. The bottle pickers will be absolutely rife with Covid-19, all they do is pick up cans and bottles that had the whole of societies lips on them. All day, every day.

calgarychef 03-27-2020 12:39 PM

Quote:

Just stunning!!

Don’t worry those numbers will shingle dramatically during the pandemic.
They’ll drop like flies.

Talking moose 03-27-2020 01:05 PM

https://youtu.be/3vw9N96E-aQ

1899b 03-27-2020 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckhead (Post 4135746)
No, I am not suggesting that teachers and educators should start caring for the homeless. I wouldn't want to put those people at undue risk. We will need them when society restarts.

There are agencies that typically deal with the homeless; The Mustard Seed, Boyle Street, Salvation Army, Food Bank, Catholic Social Services, etc. are saying that they have the people but not the money or resources.

Ahhhh understood!! I hear you....