Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anniversary gift????? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=152107)

C.Noble 10-12-2012 07:41 AM

Anniversary gift?????

Mine and the wife's 7th anniversary is coming up in a fee weeks and I have no idea what to get her. Usually we go for supper and get a night in a hotel without the kids but I want to surprise her. Any ideas?

FishingMOM 10-12-2012 07:48 AM

A nice weekend out of town.
Send the kids to the sitter and whisk her away.

ESOXangler 10-12-2012 08:18 AM

new plaid jacket?

dadof5 10-12-2012 08:29 AM

Had a client last night that told me about the new shotty he gave his wife for their anniversary. Sounded real nice. Of course, if I did that my wife would think I was nothin but selfish!

Stinky Buffalo 10-12-2012 08:30 AM

A Dual-Bag vacuum cleaner. :D

CaberTosser 10-12-2012 08:37 AM

Fred found that Wilma always appreciated a new bowing ball.

Dacotensis 10-12-2012 09:25 AM

7 year itch?

50 shades of gray?
Apparently it's the gift that keeps on giving. Not that I've attempted this-never had to.
You could spice the night up and just book an hour or two at the Motel.:scared0018:

u_cant_rope_the_wind 10-12-2012 09:28 AM

go to wss and get some cool looking fishing lures, make a unique set of ear rings for her

New Hunter Okotoks 10-12-2012 09:57 AM

Some Great ideas.......

A nice Anniversary Edition Swiffer might be nice. Get her a bottle of the regular cleaning solution AND the Hardwood Flooring Solution; she will know that you really love her then.

Another good idea might be to send her for some cooking courses. Women love cooking and this way she can get better at it while knowing that you're thinking of her.

Gym Memberships are always appreciated by the ladies of Today.

You can't go wrong with a gift card for WSS, Cabelas or Bass Pro. If she doesn't find anything that she likes, she can find something that she would like to buy for you! Win/Win!!

Dacotensis 10-12-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New Hunter Okotoks (Post 1645344)
A nice Anniversary Edition Swiffer might be nice. Get her a bottle of the regular cleaning solution AND the Hardwood Flooring Solution; she will know that you really love her then.

Another good idea might be to send her for some cooking courses. Women love cooking and this way she can get better at it while knowing that you're thinking of her.

Gym Memberships are always appreciated by the ladies of Today.

You can't go wrong with a gift card for WSS, Cabelas or Bass Pro. If she doesn't find anything that she likes, she can find something that she would like to buy for you! Win/Win!!

Glad to see you still have some humor after what you went through this year.
I'm not sure if you and I are the best for this type of advice, but what the *ell! A guy has to laugh some times right?

HunterDave 10-12-2012 10:03 AM

Do NOT buy her an outboard motor or a chainsaw!

My wife flipped. :sign0161:

Zuludog 10-12-2012 10:07 AM

I took my wife to CAvalia it was awesome. Google it. It's a Cirque de soleil meets horses, pretty cool.

Stinky Buffalo 10-12-2012 10:07 AM

I got mine an enrollment to Wife School...

I still can't sit down... Ouch...

New Hunter Okotoks 10-12-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dacotensis (Post 1645348)
Glad to see you still have some humor after what you went through this year.
I'm not sure if you and I are the best for this type of advice, but what the *ell! A guy has to laugh some times right?

You got it brother. The laughs don't come easy (or often) anymore.
This year can't end soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

Canehdianman 10-12-2012 10:16 AM

My dad bought a drill press once.

only once though.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES 10-12-2012 10:45 AM

Make a day of it , take her to the Hair dresser , you and her , then go get a massage , then go for a nice meal together shock her with a dozen long stem roses .

duffy4 10-12-2012 10:52 AM

I did take the hooks of a couple fishing spoons and attached ear hooks and gave to the wife once. She liked them and wears them.

I have been watching this thread hoping for a good idea for myself. Our anniversary is Oct. 24 (Who in their right mind gets married in hunting season???) and I will be away hunting white-tails in Sask. on the day.

Maybe I'll get her a gift certificate to Boston Pizza (one of the classier restaurants in Rocky) and she can go by herself and have a nice meal.

recce43 10-12-2012 11:04 AM

Always get her something you can use like a table saw or a big screen tv for the bedroom

Dacotensis 10-12-2012 12:05 PM

Gift ideas

Thee are some good ideas in this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpFD-...eature=related

C.Noble 10-12-2012 12:07 PM

Should maybe have cleared a few things up. She isn't into hunting or fishing. She is head trainer and sales manager at motion fitness in Lloyd. She likes nice girly things. That's why I'm at a loss.

fishtank 10-12-2012 12:13 PM

make breakfast for her... Real breakfast, not cereal . and if you can cook then home make dinner if not then take her to a nice dinner with wine

FishingMOM 10-12-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C.Noble (Post 1645598)
Should maybe have cleared a few things up. She isn't into hunting or fishing. She is head trainer and sales manager at motion fitness in Lloyd. She likes nice girly things. That's why I'm at a loss.

maybe some jewelry.
Like a birthstone pendant?

roger 10-12-2012 12:41 PM

when buyin the woman a gift of this significance, it is important to not buy a to big of a snowshovel that she cant lift.

i took my wife camping..its her chance to cook and clean for me somewhere else!

CaberTosser 10-12-2012 01:03 PM

Actually, that hairdresser thing wasn't a bad idea. Mrs Caber loves a hair appointment and those tend to be pricey and time consuming at the place she likes. A gift card for a day spa appointment might be the trick too, with all the various pampering things they do in those joints, she goes out to one with one of her girlfriends annually as a girls day out.

Sooner 10-12-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterDave (Post 1645351)

My wife flipped. :sign0161:

A friend bought his at the time GF, now his wife, an air filter for her car one birthday. He was a mechanic and a very practical guy. She was not impressed, still talks about it today. Take your wife away for the weekend but pack a bag for her, pick her up and go. Surprise.

stuckincity 10-12-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterDave (Post 1645351)

I bought my wife a new compressor for our 30th.

She didn't flip because she kinda sorta expected something like that.:thinking-006:

So a day later I also got the "energy-saving" front-loading washer and a new dryer she's been hounding me about for 3 or 4 months.:acigar:

SportHuntingHelp 10-12-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sooner (Post 1645816)
A friend bought his at the time GF, now his wife, an air filter for her car one birthday. He was a mechanic and a very practical guy. She was not impressed, still talks about it today. Take your wife away for the weekend but pack a bag for her, pick her up and go. Surprise.

So I pack my hunting bag pick up the wife drop her off at the airport and go hunting. Perfect I was not sure what to get her. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

huntinstuff 10-12-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C.Noble (Post 1645108)
Mine and the wife's 7th anniversary is coming up in a fee weeks and I have no idea what to get her. Usually we go for supper and get a night in a hotel without the kids but I want to surprise her. Any ideas?

You want to surprise her?

Get three buddies to dress in black, complete with balaclavas.
Rent a van with a side sliding door. Some eastern Arabic music should be playing on the stereo.
Get your buddies to kidnap her at work. They have to put a loose fitting cloth hood over her head as they drive her out of town to a remote campsite. ......

where you are waiting with a nice supper in an outfitters tent!

Ps. I hope she appreciates the effort and risk. Mine didnt

FishingMOM 10-12-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntinstuff (Post 1645877)
Ps. I hope she appreciates the effort and risk. Mine didnt

You can't honestly be surprised that she didn't appreciate it.

Try being handcuffed and dragged out on some "fake charge" to be taken away for a weekend....... I was equally unimpressed !

FishingMOM 10-12-2012 03:30 PM

delete