Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   April 20 2012 ice fishing (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=130441)

super mario 04-20-2012 08:43 PM

April 20 2012 ice fishing

2 Attachment(s)
Any idea how to cook the rainbow:bad_boys_20:

isoseeker 04-20-2012 08:46 PM

Those are spectacular! Missing the ice...

jacenbeers 04-20-2012 08:46 PM

Beauty fish. I think rainbow are amazing smoked.

FishingFrenzy 04-20-2012 09:57 PM

Where in the province is there still enough ice to safely fish...???

Alberta Bigbore 04-20-2012 10:21 PM

Stuff them with bacon, butter, lemon pepper and onions, wrap them in tin foil and throw them on the BBQ

waterninja 04-21-2012 03:29 AM

i hope your wife enjoyed the bouquet of ***** willows you brought home with you. thats a magnificant rainbow and i'm looking foreward to catching his grandpa next week. who said ice fishing is over.

pikeslayer22 04-21-2012 08:20 AM

Utikima north of Slave lake...lots of ice

Woolly Bugger 04-21-2012 08:57 AM

Mario, I really don't intend to sound condescending but I have an honest question. Every picture you post on here is of multiple (often the limit for a given species) "kept" fish caught ice fishing. Do you eat fish everyday (or nearly) in order to appease provincial possession limit regulations ?

college-fisherman 04-21-2012 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woolly bugger (Post 1403900)
mario, i really don't intend to sound condescending but i have an honest question. Every picture you post on here is of multiple (often the limit for a given species) "kept" fish caught ice fishing. Do you eat fish everyday (or nearly) in order to appease provincial possession limit regulations ?

Gust 04-21-2012 09:37 AM

considering marios op, it would appear mario eats his fish in time to catch some more.

diamonddave 04-21-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woolly Bugger (Post 1403900)
Mario, I really don't intend to sound condescending but I have an honest question. Every picture you post on here is of multiple (often the limit for a given species) "kept" fish caught ice fishing. Do you eat fish everyday (or nearly) in order to appease provincial possession limit regulations ?

As well who do you think takes the picture?? Is there one guy or 12, you don't know.... So you failed, you do sound condescending:snapoutofit:

Congratts on the nice haul!!

TROLLER 04-21-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamonddave (Post 1403951)
As well who do you think takes the picture?? Is there one guy or 12, you don't know.... So you failed, you do sound condescending:snapoutofit:

Sorry but I have to agree with woolybuggar.

Seems like all the posts are of limits of fish always dead on the ice.

diamonddave 04-21-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TROLLER (Post 1404135)
Sorry but I have to agree with woolybuggar.

Seems like all the posts are of limits of fish always dead on the ice.

So what? All mine would to, if I bothered to post any pics on the fishing section....
Too many people deciding that thier opinions are what the laws should be, instead of what it is, and wrecking threads because of it.
Some people....

TROLLER 04-21-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamonddave (Post 1404272)
So what? All mine would to, if I bothered to post any pics on the fishing section....
Too many people deciding that thier opinions are what the laws should be, instead of what it is, and wrecking threads because of it.
Some people....

"It's not about the hunt but the thrill of the chase and the memories made in the field"

Hmmmmmmmmmm makes me wonder about "Some People"

Faststeel 04-21-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woolly Bugger (Post 1403900)

A perfect explanation for how our fishery got be in the state it is in, cause every walter and Fred and John kept every single fish they could for 25 years cleaned, dumped in the freezer then through them out next time they cleaned the freezer outwhen Mildred , Betty, and Ethel never got around to frying them. FS

Lazerloop 04-21-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faststeel (Post 1404372)
A perfect explanation for how our fishery got be in the state it is in, cause every walter and Fred and John kept every single fish they could for 25 years cleaned, dumped in the freezer then through them out next time they cleaned the freezer outwhen Mildred , Betty, and Ethel never got around to frying them. FS

X2

huntinstuff 04-21-2012 07:42 PM

Great derail! Never saw it coming

Is this thread done?

Gust 04-21-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntinstuff (Post 1404587)

Is this thread done?

nope.

like bigbore and jacen said,,, smoke the big one and bbq the littler ones stuffed with bacon,,, don't know about the weather up your end of the province but sunday looks like good bbq'ing weather and fishin weather.

bessiedog 04-21-2012 09:06 PM

really? I mean really? You guys are cutting down the op becuase he 'dared' take his limit from a PuT and TAKE lake.

Seriously.

I love it.... and they used the word condesending..... really now.

You guys need to get over yourselves.

To the OP. If you use Italian dressing and some red peppers.... roast in foil..... ooooh yum yum.

BeeGuy 04-21-2012 09:19 PM

Wow, bit of a loser convention in here.

Mario, thanks for posting your pics, always enjoy seeing them!

Funny that your detractors never post any of their own.

Bunch of whining Nancy's.

SonnyJ 04-21-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by super mario (Post 1403322)
Any idea how to cook the rainbow:bad_boys_20:

Nice..:)

I'd cut the big one into steaks and pan fry the others.

Love seeing your pics mario...good job.:)

Woolly Bugger 04-21-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamonddave (Post 1403951)

A simple question was asked, which in turn should contrive a simple answer. Remember we are on a public internet forum where opinions vary.

So you figuratively surmise there is more than one angler because who else would thoughtfully take the picture ? Have you heard of tripod and a timer ? Heck, you don't even need a tripod if you are remotely creative (the hood of a vehicle works great btw). Particularly easy to take a photo of yourself when the subjects you are posing with are dead. You don't know there is more than one person, so who failed ? What I do factually know is there is only one person in every photo that "super mario" has posted here. Wish to litigate ? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Gust 04-21-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeeGuy (Post 1404793)

I remember when you first signed on to AO fishin forums, reaking of patchouli, getting your dreads all twisted over nuthin, humming bob marley tunes while posting replies,, now look at you,, butane for cologne, chew spit in yer beard, Merle Haggard on your 8-track. What happened?

to the OP keep posting pics, and great tripod, that's what I always pack for ice fishing, an extra thing to get tangled in my sled,, nuthin like fudgin with a tripod while ice'in,,, though it would make a great over the hole bait rigger,, good thinkin mario.

Champion 04-21-2012 10:05 PM

Beauty fish, nicely done.

BeeGuy 04-21-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GustavMahler (Post 1404863)
I remember when you first signed on to AO fishin forums, reaking of patchouli, getting your dreads all twisted over nuthin, humming bob marley tunes while posting replies,, now look at you,, butane for cologne, chew spit in yer beard, Merle Haggard on your 8-track. What happened?

What's it to ya?:argue2:

Hey Gus, I don't mean to sound condescending but why are you so dimwitted and ignorant, while I am so sharp and insightful?

Hey, just trying to help you out buddy.

Gust 04-21-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeeGuy (Post 1404896)
What's it to ya?:argue2:

Hey Gus, I don't mean to sound condescending but why are you so dimwitted and ignorant, while I am so sharp and insightful?

Hey, just trying to help you out buddy.

haha! it's inciteful and dim-witted has a hyphen.

Daceminnow 04-21-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntinstuff (Post 1404587)

Is this thread done?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeeGuy (Post 1404793)

sure. nice fish. i think the guys that are questioning the amount of dead fish are just a little baffled at how much one man and his family can possibly consume. mario has started thirteen threads in not as many past weeks all containing pictures of dead fish laying on the ice. just a heck of a lot of fish for food. must be living off the stuff for sure. freezer must be full of fish if not. enjoy. i guess that's why they were put here for us. as long as none goes to waste, not much more more i can say. eat fish, a lot of fish and be merry mario.

Dace

horsetrader 04-21-2012 11:23 PM

Well if it is not closed so Rocky7 will be here screaming the OP is PC supporter .. ........sorry had to be done.....lol

whitetail Junkie 04-21-2012 11:37 PM

Nice looking fish Mario!!!

keep the pics coming!

Kokanee9 04-21-2012 11:45 PM

I enjoy the pictures, hope you keep them coming.