Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Looking for fishing partner, ride, company, etc. (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=53384)

DaveFish 12-23-2010 06:25 PM

I'm looking to go fishing sunday or monday or tuesday, have every piece of gear (lots of ice rods, most types, lots of tackle, gas auger, tent, heater, sled, fish cam, etc) but have no ride, anyone going out and wants some company? I can bring anything you don't have. Live on southside Edmonton(by southgate).

baitfisher83 12-24-2010 07:41 PM

Anyone heading out from Calgary on Sunday???

baitfisher83 12-26-2010 03:52 AM

Wow, everyone must be doing that crazy Boxing Day shopping...lol

Rancher_49 12-26-2010 06:43 AM

Sorry I'm late

I am sorry I didn't reply to your last message. You said the browns bite the best at the West side of Mitchell. I drove over there a week or so ago but there was noone fishing or had been. Someon had walked out a ways on foot.
With the airating going on in the middle I wonder if it is save if one gets far enough away from the open water?
I haven' been over there lately. Quite a bit of activity at Strubble. They are driving on the ice.
Still want to get to Peppers. A friend of mine has caught his five twice now.
15 - 18" nice fish.
Later this winter I'm going to Abraham Lake. Last year a friend caught quite a few Lakers 12 18 lbs.

Happy New Year,

Gerry

jts1 12-27-2010 12:52 PM

Dec 29 - Nov 3rd

I have these days off and will be fishing as much as I can. If you have some time and would like to head out, feel free to send me a PM.

flygirrl 12-27-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jts1 (Post 777256)
I have these days off and will be fishing as much as I can. If you have some time and would like to head out, feel free to send me a PM.

Wow Jeff, did you strike it rich.... So much time off, almost a year...:sHa_shakeshout:

WayneChristie 12-27-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jts1 (Post 777256)

won the lottery did you? pm me we will hit a lake somewhere.

shires7 12-27-2010 09:14 PM

hello im looking for someone to take me out and show me some winter trout fishing lakes within 3 hours of edmonton i have my own jigging rod and some lines but no auger or hut. if you have a 4x4 i can pitch in for gas and bring the lunch. If possible id like to get out before dec 31st 2010 if anyone has the time. I used to fish before i came to alberta to work 5 years ago and would like to get back into it. I would like to learn the technique that is used out here with the barbless hooks on tip ups and what works bait wise as i used live bait where i lived (was legal there).

thank you
Clay

GaryF 12-28-2010 01:11 PM

Still looking for that first hard water adventure. Trout or Perch, not geared for big fish. I'm in calgary, can drive you out, etc. Shoot me a PM if you have some space for a extra body. I'm off all this week and would love to give it a whirl. TIA

baitfisher83 12-29-2010 05:37 PM

Anyone heading out this weekend???hoping to get some fishing in since it's my birthday Saturday and i have the weekend off...lol

baitfisher83 01-02-2011 10:06 AM

Guess everyone did the party thing this weekend....

Rancher_49 01-02-2011 06:36 PM

Not partying, no fishing either

A couple of days ago I detoured a bit on the way home and checked Mitchell
Lake out a bit. Looks like someone was trying it over on the west side. A few have been driving around the shore. Not much signs of activity though.
I have had some fishing tackle sitting by the door for days. That's as far as it's got. I must be the world's greatest procrastinator!

-JR- 01-07-2011 04:41 PM

Cold lake

Would like to tag up with someone in Edmonton for a Cold lake Trip.
Have all the gear ,just not a light 4x4 for the ice like a Ford ranger.

bubbles 01-08-2011 08:11 AM

Hey folks im new here.

Looking to go ice fishing next weekend but need some gear.

What would some of the items be that i need?
iv only been ice fishing once and that was when i was 15 and im now 23.

i got my WIN card and fishing lic.
gonna pick up a ice fishing rod
and need some kind of shelter and need to find somthing to drill a hole lol..

what am i missing ?

maybe some one is headding out from the calgary area next weekend and i could tag along.

baitfisher83 01-08-2011 08:16 PM

Anyone crazy enough to head out there tomorrow???lol

SuCraM 01-08-2011 10:45 PM

I am planning on hitting carburn park pond for a few hours tomorrow. Pm me if you want to tag along.

chubbdarter 01-08-2011 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuCraM (Post 792322)
I am planning on hitting carburn park pond for a few hours tomorrow. Pm me if you want to tag along.

what u fishin for?

baitfisher83 01-08-2011 11:11 PM

Carburn has pike and perch, the perch population has really gone down the last couple years though...

WalleyeMaster 01-09-2011 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbles (Post 791245)
Hey folks im new here.

Looking to go ice fishing next weekend but need some gear.

What would some of the items be that i need?
iv only been ice fishing once and that was when i was 15 and im now 23.

i got my WIN card and fishing lic.
gonna pick up a ice fishing rod
and need some kind of shelter and need to find somthing to drill a hole lol..

what am i missing ?

maybe some one is headding out from the calgary area next weekend and i could tag along.

haha some hooks would be a good thing as well as pliers, bait (maggots, minnows),warm clothing you dont really need a shelter unless its really cold or your sight fishing for whitefish i dont have a shelter and ive iced close to 100 walleye this winter. food and drink is important to bring, sun screen if its sunny out, and in regards to a auger i think you may be able to pick a hand one up a canaidian tire or walmart for under 100$ pm bubbles if you like and i can give you a more detailed list of gear

baitfisher83 01-09-2011 08:12 AM

stiill hoping to get out today if anyone's up for it...

harrydude 01-09-2011 08:50 AM

its too yukey out there

jts1 01-10-2011 03:11 PM

Jan 18,19,20

I am going to do a night fish on PCR till the wee hrs one of them days Anyone looking to get out?

npauls 01-10-2011 04:24 PM

Hey JTS,

Let me know which day you were thinking of going out and I will see what I can do. I have a few tubs of minnows and a full tank of gas ready for the day I can get back on the ice. Also my 2 man home made hut has been loaded in the truck for the last couple months.

Nate

drifter 01-10-2011 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jts1 (Post 794526)
I am going to do a night fish on PCR till the wee hrs one of them days Anyone looking to get out?

I would be up for that.
Let me know when you are going.

bubbles 01-14-2011 07:41 PM

Any one heading out this weekend from Calgary ??
I'd like to go out with some one who knows what they are doing so next time ill be able to do it on my own lol..

I'd love to tag along can pitch for gas/beer/bait

got my Win card and fishing lic and my ice fishing rod ready haha..

thanks bubbles

jts1 01-14-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drifter (Post 794718)
I would be up for that.
Let me know when you are going.

Hows Tuesday night sound? Going to head down and do a night fish for some burbs.

drifter 01-14-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jts1 (Post 800164)
Hows Tuesday night sound? Going to head down and do a night fish for some burbs.

PM sent

pat1 01-16-2011 05:18 PM

Anyone?

Hey there names pat. I just got into ice fishing this year and love it. I Don't have a vehicle right now and I can't get out. Have all the equipment for it just need a drive. Be willing to pay for any gas, bait, etc.. Anyone going out get back to me.

Thanks,
Pat

jts1 01-16-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flygirrl (Post 777302)
Wow Jeff, did you strike it rich.... So much time off, almost a year...:sHa_shakeshout:

Quote:

Originally Posted by WayneChristie (Post 777453)
won the lottery did you? pm me we will hit a lake somewhere.

LOL ok that was a typo

mayuan 01-17-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jts1 (Post 800164)

sent PM