Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Looking for fishing partner, ride, company, etc. (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=53384)

millsboy79 05-21-2016 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weedhaul (Post 3235608)
I take my boat to lakes within an hour or so of SE Calgary, trolling for Pike, Walleye and 'bows if you want to go sometime.

Hate to through my hat on unasked but I would like to actually fish from a boat for a change if you're offering lol.

newscientist 05-30-2016 07:53 PM

I am heading to Wabamun Lake this Wednesday morning for the first time. If some body is planning to go there I'd like to go along as I will be new to the lake. I will use my inflatable boat but if you have a bigger boat and have no problem sharing this will sure be better.

ABFishFan 06-01-2016 04:08 PM

fishing buddies

So cold last two weekend fishing in the rain and wind. Where should I go this weekend?
Planning to go up to Slave Lake from Calgary sometimes this month for a weekend. May be take a Friday or a Monday off work. Anyone wants to go up together, share the gas and driving?
I don't have a boat. Just fishing from shore. Or anyone have a boat is going there and have an open spot for me to join in?

GJS 06-06-2016 10:10 AM

Fishing partner

Hey! Just looking for a fishing partner I'm 22 and have been fishing for a long time. Send me a message if you're also looking for someone to fish with

England 06-14-2016 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABFishFan (Post 3244634)
So cold last two weekend fishing in the rain and wind. Where should I go this weekend?
Planning to go up to Slave Lake from Calgary sometimes this month for a weekend. May be take a Friday or a Monday off work. Anyone wants to go up together, share the gas and driving?
I don't have a boat. Just fishing from shore. Or anyone have a boat is going there and have an open spot for me to join in?

If you've got spare money, invest in the 100mph Bass Pro rain jackets and pants. Qualifier is a bit cheaper and does the same job basically. Best purchase I've ever made.

fluxcore 06-15-2016 10:14 PM

Short notice but I'm heading out from red deer either to gull or sylvan lake tomorrow morning with the boat if anyone wants to tag along. I have all the gear (rods, tackle, bait ext). Feel free to bring cigars / cold drinks

McLeod 06-17-2016 11:17 AM

Mountain Adventure

August Back Country Fishing Trip- The plan is we are hiking in on August 5 and coming out August 8th. Its a long hike deep in the mountains to fish a place that few ever see (Not Fortress Lol ) We should catch some large trout. If your interested in this adventure then PM me.

Icallwalleyepickerel 06-29-2016 09:10 AM

Next week

Anyone off next week looking for a fishing adventure? PM me.

Mattattack 07-03-2016 08:44 PM

Bored, want to get out!

I'm a victim of the Alberta economy, and have had had some time sitting at home while searching for work in my field. I would love to get out and do some fishing around the Edmonton area. I don't have a boat, but would be willing to contribute gas money if anyone wanted to go to a bigger lake. I'm itching to get out of the house, and don't want to go out alone. PM me on here and we can talk.

SuperHunter 07-07-2016 04:30 PM

So I was doing some fishing at Dolberg lake west of Barread, Great fishing spot, and then I see this gigantic bird that parked itself on the shore, almost as tall as a person. Kind of looking like a stork, white and grey. Does anyone know the name of this bird?

CurtisV. 07-07-2016 06:34 PM

It's FREE FISHING WEEKEND( no licence required) in Alberta this weekend...
If anybody would like to give kayak fishing a try let me know, I have everything you need, so you would require no fishing gear or safety gear.
Or if you prefer can bring your own rod/s
Will be able to venture an hour so from Lethbridge area.
PM me if interested.
Work out details.

phoenix 07-08-2016 04:35 PM

help needed, just started fishing and would love to catch a fish

hello all,

I am new to fishing, looking for spots to go to for fishing and catch a fish. i have been fishing several times, bearspaw, bow river, spray lake, within city few spots. went out at least 10 times and came back empty handed. lost a lot of my baits due to rocks or bushes.

any tips and suggestions?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

fisho_badyk 09-06-2016 06:36 PM

Whiteswan/Whitetail Lakes near Fairmont help

Hey folks, just wondering if anybody is fishing out here in the Fairmont/Canal Flats area between the 6th and the 11th, and if anybody might have room on a boat for my dad and myself to join? The 'ol boy has hip problems these days, and shore fishing is difficult from both these bodies of water at the best of times. If anyone is willing to help it would be greatly appreciated and we'd definitely throw some cash to help with gas, etc.! Thanks again, hope everyone is doing well this summer.

ABFishFan 09-30-2016 01:29 PM

fishing buddy

:) Don't see anyone posting here anymore? Everybody still happy fishing these days? Anyone want to buddy up for a day fishing trip near Calgary or any suggestion ? I am thinking Galveston sometimes. Any interest?

Lambo 10-03-2016 02:49 PM

Everybody must be buddied up. Where is Galveston? Ice fishing is coming soon so the more fishing buddies the better. Don't have to worry about not enough room in the boat.

ABFishFan 10-13-2016 12:16 PM

Anybody?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lambo (Post 3347913)
Everybody must be buddied up. Where is Galveston? Ice fishing is coming soon so the more fishing buddies the better. Don't have to worry about not enough room in the boat.

Hi Lambo,
Galveston is in Texas USA. The flight to get there cheaper than going to Vancouver Island. But I am up for any fishing in Alberta

sheremet 12-03-2016 05:15 PM

Lets slay some fish

Hey I am always ice fishing the parkland county area and usually have extra room for someone to join, I have a tent and all the essentials if anyone's interested let me know

newscientist 12-03-2016 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheremet (Post 3405862)
Hey I am always ice fishing the parkland county area and usually have extra room for someone to join, I have a tent and all the essentials if anyone's interested let me know

Hi sheremet, sounds interesting. Will PM you in a minute. Thanks [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

pbsniper 12-10-2016 03:09 AM

Thinking of taking my daughter (7) to wizard lake from Leduc Sunday morning. anyone with kids wanting to try ice fishing for the first time I've got all the gear just need your licence. Probably leave Leduc around 730am.

AdAMxr 12-18-2016 04:31 PM

I have a week off work from the 26-31 of this month. All my fishing buddies will be working. PM me if anyone wants to head out or meet somewhere within an hour or so from the hat.

mike780 12-22-2016 06:30 PM

Going to pigeon lake in the am if anyone wants to tag along let me know. Not looking for gas money I don't pay for it anyways. Just good company.

Cheers, mike

newguy 12-31-2016 07:32 PM

Looking to head south mcgregor, Jehovah, clear lakes maybe?? Auger needs a rebuild but have about everything else. Anyone interested?

newguy 12-31-2016 07:33 PM

Jehovah?? Bloody auto correct! I meant Keho

Taco0bell 01-09-2017 05:24 PM

Looking for someone to go ice fishing with

Hi Guys.
I from Holland and just arrived a few days ago in Canada.
I would love to go ice fishing since i have never done this and sounds pretty cool!
Im staying in Banff for the next few months so if someone is up for it please pm me and we will make it a great day!
I dont have any fishing gear by the way.
Cheers!

johnschmidt 01-16-2017 08:33 AM

Hi

fishnuts 01-16-2017 03:50 PM

Looking to go out for the day tomorrow. Located in Didsbury and willing to drive up to an hour and a half. Anyone looking for some company? I got all my own gear-shack, camera etc

RavYak 01-16-2017 08:09 PM

Anyone free and want to go fishing Wednesday? Meet in Edmonton and thinking of going down to Sylvan/Gull, have all the gear a guy needs.

fishnuts 01-16-2017 11:01 PM

Ravyak..I'd be game for either/or. I'm going tomorrow but could do Wednesday too. You familiar with sylvan or gull?

Claymaker 02-02-2017 09:18 AM

anyone wanna hit spray sunday/

newguy 02-04-2017 07:35 PM

Anyone want to hit some reservoirs for Pike on Monday? Something within a couple hours of Calgary? Pm...