Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Targeted by Antis (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=261401)

xbolt5 08-02-2015 07:54 PM

Targeted by Antis

So today I got to experience first hand ignorance and hate.

My taxidermist's facebook page, Alberta Taxidermy, came under attack from antis. Because he had a picture of me on there from a recent successful bear hunt, my picture got splattered across the web and I've been called every name in the book and threatened by a bunch of anti-hunting keyboard warriors.

Most of the comments were laughable, others actually troubling. I didn't bother to respond as it is a waste of time, and I didn't want to try and justify my actions or explain that I actually eat bear, as I didn't think it would matter if all they saw was winnie the pooh.

But what bothered me most was their willingness to slander my buddy's job, and to threaten looking into me and making my life miserable. These ignorant antis have no limits, and the fact they're willing to slander and try and ruin someone's career or life only further shows their ignorance.

Alberta Taxidermy does great work, and they have never been anything short of professional. If you stop by their page, please note their review rating is going down thanks to all the ignorant reviews from anti's, not from clients.

I think all hunters need to stick together, and to show that we aren't just ignorant rednecks, and let the idiot anti's do the talking.

Attached is a picture of my now semi famous bear, as well as a deer Jason mounted for my better half this year. Thanks for letting me rant.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/...obw5/bear1.jpg
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/...obw5/deer1.jpg

DiabeticKripple 08-02-2015 07:57 PM

Some of the things the antis post would be worse than what they are trying to defend.

double gun 08-02-2015 08:00 PM

Sweet buck, and bear

albertabighorn 08-02-2015 08:00 PM

Nice whitetail!!!!

north american hunter 08-02-2015 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by double gun (Post 2914899)
Sweet buck, and bear

X2, some great animals

NBFK 08-02-2015 08:02 PM

Nice critters let her roll off your back. Most are very uneducated of what conservation really is.

DiabeticKripple 08-02-2015 08:07 PM

Do you have any links to said comments about you?

I'd like to read them.

Smokinyotes 08-02-2015 08:09 PM

Nice bear And deer. Don't loose any sleep over the Stupid comments.

xbolt5 08-02-2015 08:11 PM

They're on his Facebook page, under the shared comments. My phone doesn't want to tag the link.

Fun side note, I reported one of the comments calling to hang me to Facebook, and they responded that 'it didn't break Facebook community rules'....

xbolt5 08-02-2015 08:26 PM

So apparently Alberta Taxidermy has been going through and deleting comments / banning people, not much more they can do. Sorry if you didn't get to see all the fun stuff tossed my way lol.

Grizzly Adams 08-02-2015 08:28 PM

Gotta wonder, why is everyone so enthralled with Facebook ?:confused: Just asking for trouble.

Grizz

Luxor 08-02-2015 08:34 PM

Great pics young man.
Good to see you handling the anti's with maturity.

I always find it strange funny that these nutjobs hate hunters so much that they would kill a human.
Or at least threaten to do so.
Im pretty sure uttering death threats is a crime.
Report the sob's !!!!!

harv3589 08-02-2015 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams (Post 2914932)
Gotta wonder, why is everyone so enthralled with Facebook ?:confused: Just asking for trouble.

Grizz

You have that right...

Luxor 08-02-2015 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams (Post 2914932)

Grizz

This isnt an anti FB topic.

Stay focused

michaelmicallef 08-02-2015 08:39 PM

Let those bone head anti's waste thier time crying on Facebook. That's a good place for them. Nice Bear.

alacringa 08-02-2015 10:01 PM

Sweet animals! And good on you for not getting drawn in.

Not sure what "troubling" means in this case, but if there are threats then there would be grounds for getting law enforcement involved.

CaberTosser 08-02-2015 10:10 PM

I agree with the philosophy of reporting any threats to the appropriate law enforcement agency. Perhaps these keyboard warriors (bullies is more like it) will smarten up after a phone call or some other communication from an officer.

Donkey Oatey 08-02-2015 10:41 PM

It amazes me that anti's will threaten people that kill things for fun :thinking-006:

CaberTosser 08-02-2015 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donkey Oatey (Post 2915093)
It amazes me that anti's will threaten people that kill things for fun :thinking-006:

Anti's also try to have firearms legislated away from us, primarily because of the atrocities they feel that they would commit themselves if they were similarly armed.

Grizzly Adams 08-03-2015 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luxor (Post 2914950)
This isnt an anti FB topic.

Stay focused

Sorry, if you stand on a street corner naked, people are going to comment. Don't whine when they do. :D

Grizz

xbolt5 08-03-2015 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams (Post 2915228)
Sorry, if you stand on a street corner naked, people are going to comment. :D

Grizz

I wish it were as simple as that- I tend to keep a low profile (excuse the pun), in this case it was simply a picture on a taxidermy page that was being trolled by the obnoxious anti's.

It wasn't like his page is full of gore and supporting lion hunts- just associated with the hunting industry. I'm glad I don't work in the industry, I don't think I'd have the patience to listen to all that nonsense on a frequent basis.

crownb 08-03-2015 08:03 AM

Hey man, what was the score on that beauty whitetail!!

xbolt5 08-03-2015 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crownb (Post 2915250)
Hey man, what was the score on that beauty whitetail!!

Typical gross 169 net 159

58thecat 08-03-2015 08:45 AM

Who cares what others think, legally you and yours hunt, fish and enjoy the outdoors but if you put it out there for others to rant about be prepared to get bashed but like I said who cares, oh yeah beauty animals!

RDW 08-03-2015 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams (Post 2915228)
Sorry, if you stand on a street corner naked, people are going to comment. Don't whine when they do. :D

Grizz

i think the antis will find us no matter what just have a good argument when they do. It is too funny they don't realize when all the hunters are gone so will all the animals.

winger7mm 08-04-2015 02:00 PM

Having been directly on the chopping block by these types, I know what its like too. One of my goose hunting photos ended up on a page and I was attacked via private message for weeks on end. It was pretty brutal what some of those types are willing to say. Blew my mind actually. No harm came to me or my family over it, but it shows just how uneducated these people are. Knowledge is power! Whether they want to listen and actually take in info is one thing. It sucks how dumb people can be.

Good luck to the OP's buddy :sign0176:

bessiedog 08-04-2015 02:23 PM

this just occurred to me

I wonder if their threats to members of our group equates to a violation of hate crimes law?

just a thought...

KegRiver 08-04-2015 02:29 PM

I'm old, I've got nothing to loose.

I take the fight to them, on FB and twitter. They don't like it but there isn't much they can do about it.

For the last while they don't even try to respond to me. They just delete my comments when they find them.

Thing is I don't break the rules, I don't threaten or call them names. I post facts, I speak of my experiances. All they can do is delete my comments and I can make them faster then they can find them.

I love FB. :innocent:

xbolt5 08-04-2015 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bessiedog (Post 2916601)
I wonder if their threats to members of our group equates to a violation of hate crimes law?

just a thought...

One would think, but at the same time the majority of the real vocal, perverse ones aren't even in the same country, and have as little actual info as possible. I think the majority of them were actually out of the UK... who knows how to even begin a formal complaint on that one. FB doesn't seem to have issue with the violent comments or giving online mobs a voice.

Okotokian 08-04-2015 04:30 PM

We take a lot lying down, we hunters. Aren't there any tech-savvy hunters out there to form a little "Anonymous" posse and fight back? Out some of those that are making threats, find out details about them they would rather not have the public know and publish them. Nothing illegal of course. Just pull away their veil of anonymity.