Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Camping in BC (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=345316)

Greasemonkey 05-25-2018 12:30 AM

Camping in BC

As much as I don’t want to I have to go see the Blue Angels in Abbotsford this year bucket list thing anyway from Jasper to Sorento does anyone have some suggestions for nice campgrounds was going to stop in Mt Robson maybe Blue river or Clearwater on the way down, I have a 28.9 travel trailer, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you for any responses

Okotok 05-25-2018 03:13 PM

Cultus Lake is a very nice campground near Abbotsford if you haven't decided on a spot there yet.

browning21 05-25-2018 07:10 PM

Walmarts in almost every town! Leave as little money in BC as possible.

Jigger 05-26-2018 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by browning21 (Post 3790250)

Got that right, i wouldn't spend a red cent over there.

Lites out 05-26-2018 06:21 AM

Or you could just stay home!! Do the B.C. residents a favour. Arent you guys getting tired of this yet??

CranePete 05-30-2018 07:09 PM

Camping

Wells Gray Park in Clearwater is nice. Are you planning on travelling the Fraser canyon or Coquihalla? If the canyon, hang a right at Little Fort for Hwy 24. Peaceful Cove Resort at Lac Des Roches, Cottonwood Bay at Bridge Lake, Sheridan Lake Resort at Sheridan Lake are all within 45 mins of Hwy 5. Beautiful lakes. Great fishing at all of them. I’ve heard that Blue Lake Resort, just north of Boston Bar is nice. That would put you within 2 hours, +/-, of Abbotsford.
Good luck, safe travels.
CranePete

mmhmmmm 05-30-2018 11:04 PM

Was going to recommend a book called “camp free bc” but the travel trailer makes it an optimistic read. I have seen guys with trailers in some of the sites, but I personally wouldn’t risk it. Book is full of beauty spots through all of bc.
Makes me sad to think about it. But another beauty summer in Alberta will have to do. I hope there is a noticeable difference in tourism this year over there, but who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

campingnut 05-31-2018 05:05 AM

id skip robson or make it a day hike
camp at one of the spots on kinbasket late in valemount, there's some paid sites but lots of free park where you feel like it spots with awesome views right on the lake,
wells gray park is great too,

Big Grey Wolf 05-31-2018 08:42 AM

Stay in Alberta this year to show BC we do not appreciate what they are doing to our Alberta economy with Trans-mountain pipeline fiasco. Vote with your $$ if you still have a oilfield job.

CranePete 05-31-2018 10:35 PM

Really??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf (Post 3792624)
Stay in Alberta this year to show BC we do not appreciate what they are doing to our Alberta economy with Trans-mountain pipeline fiasco. Vote with your $$ if you still have a oilfield job.

Sorry for the de-rail, but really? Have the actions of a minority gov’t, one which enjoys little support outside the lower mainland, clouded your thinking that much? Do you really, truly believe that the entire province should be tarred and feathered because of some clowns in Victoria? Allow me to say that I think the project should move ahead, unfettered by legal antics. So, please refrain from bashing the entire province of BC. We’re not all the cut from the same cloth.
CranePete

Purple Farmer 06-01-2018 03:30 PM

I would second Kinbasket Lake and Wells Gray.

In Valemount eat at the Caribou Grill and in Clearwater eat at the Hop N Hog.

birdee 06-01-2018 08:40 PM

https://www.campingrvbc.com/camping/
interactive map for bc
used it to find a spot half way to meet friends from van isl.
going to vernon in august

JohnB 06-01-2018 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by browning21 (Post 3790250)

Can't camp at one in Kamloops or Salmon Arm.

brslk 06-01-2018 09:43 PM

I'll be another one to recommend Wells gray. It' a beautiful area with lots to see and do.
I'm all for boycotting BC but if ya gotta stay there, may as well stay somewhere nice!

ETOWNCANUCK 06-01-2018 10:14 PM

Blaming the majority for the actions of a few :thinking-006:

Not everyone is to blame in B.C.

it's all about Bull turd politics and giving those with a small voice a big yap to blow their hot air through.

As much as we wanted to see ours turn off the taps, just as many in B.C. didn't want to see that happen.

Those that were far enough up the food chain who were against the pipeline and thus were involved in trying to block it, would not care if you go or don't go to the province, because people in other provinces and other countries will still flock to B.C. irregardless of what happened or will happen.

The tourism industry is still going to flourish because of what there is to see and do.

Everyone that goes to Mexico knows or has an idea of what happens outside the resorts, with the Cartels, the police, the military, the government and the people.

Yet hundred's of thousands of people go to the resorts every year, irregardless of what happens outside of them

Some people in Canada don't like Trump, but people still went to Arizona and wherever this past winter.

So go ahead and have your personal little boycott "ain't getting my money" if you want, if that makes you feel better, but there are still a lot of people that are going to go to B.C. to see and enjoy what the province it's self is renowned for.

bobalong 06-01-2018 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CranePete (Post 3793035)
Sorry for the de-rail, but really? Have the actions of a minority gov’t, one which enjoys little support outside the lower mainland, clouded your thinking that much? Do you really, truly believe that the entire province should be tarred and feathered because of some clowns in Victoria? Allow me to say that I think the project should move ahead, unfettered by legal antics. So, please refrain from bashing the entire province of BC. We’re not all the cut from the same cloth.
CranePete

Pressure and influence from the citizens would of went a long way to change the position of the Premier, but you all chose to look away and say "its not my fault". I say shut the taps off completely, tourists will stay away by the thousands when they can't get fuel..........only when it actually effects you all directly will you actually do something.

Mountain Guy 06-02-2018 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CranePete (Post 3793035)
CranePete

FWIW.... BC has hated Albertans long before the KM fiasco :)

I still go there occasionally but mostly spend my vacation dollars elsewhere now.

To the OP , Dutch Lk in Clearwater has a nice little private campsite on the north end of the lake. Good restaurant on the property as well.
Valemount also has quite a few camping spots in and around town. Yellowhead just north of town is nice....if your a golfer you can camp at the golf course and shoot a round.

MOUNTAIN MICKEY 06-02-2018 09:57 PM

Remember the "yellow jacket" thing---it finally passed. For those of you who don't know--Alberta used to have Yellow/black licence plates and when they came over here (BC) people were harassing them and calling them yellow jackets. No pipe line issues then. Its all Canada---Camp where you feel comfortable. Just need a bigger gun these days