Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Paintball Fanatics Need your Help (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=10080)

Versatile 01-09-2008 02:48 AM

Paintball Fanatics Need your Help

Ok guys I am looking into a side arm for those "Oh ****" times when your gun runs outta balls and you need some cover fire to get yourself into a safe zone. I currently shoot an A-5 with a flatline system. Usually I run the flatline system and play sniper or I have a regular barrel for speed ball or when I am not sniper. This is also why I am looking at a side arm for when I am in sniper mode and dont have time to wip the gun around.

Anyway I am looking at a couple models. I dont want to spend more than 200 any ideas comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Ariakon Overlord Rx Pistol
Warsensor Zeus G2+
Warsensor WSP
WS Zeus G1 Plus Pistol

Thanks guys

Cordur 01-09-2008 06:36 AM

Well the best sidearm I used to play with was the P99 from rap4.com although the T68's look good I've never seen one on the field. All depends on how much you want to spend. I used to play tournaments and X-ball so I'm not sure what reasonable is anymore as a tourny suitable marker setup was about $1800 at that time.

Versatile 01-09-2008 07:52 AM

I dont play speed ball or tourney. We usually just play in the river bottom we have a site here for painball. Alot of Capture the flaf and hide and go seek.

BUD 01-09-2008 08:29 AM

Paintball

I dont think paintball belongs on this forum , we are hunters of wildlife , we dont practise shooting guns at people here or even aiming toy guns , if you want to play with guns dont aim them at each other , take up hunting , just my opinion.
I have a real problem with the Mother of thease kids who says its ok to shoot each other with paintball guns and yet she,s an anti hunter.
To me , paintball is teaching your kid its ok to point a firearm at a person.
Anyway just my opinion , l guess i,ll be in the soup again , haaaaaaa.

Versatile 01-09-2008 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUD (Post 94062)
I dont think paintball belongs on this forum , we are hunters of wildlife , we dont practise shooting guns at people here or even aiming toy guns , if you want to play with guns dont aim them at each other , take up hunting , just my opinion.
I have a real problem with the Mother of thease kids who says its ok to shoot each other with paintball guns and yet she,s an anti hunter.
To me , paintball is teaching your kid its ok to point a firearm at a person.
Anyway just my opinion , l guess i,ll be in the soup again , haaaaaaa.

Guess we dont need the hockey thread right because this is a hunting forum, or phantoms fighting thread (phantom I am not saying we need to delete the topic I am just using it as an example) because we are teaching our kids its ok to fight. Get a grip this is the general section we do have lives outside of hunting.This thread about paintball not what you feel about paintball if you dont like it dont read it but please dont try and blow my thread off topic.

Cordur 01-09-2008 12:37 PM

I've played my share of woodsball too. If you were at the Big Games that Rampage puts on usually 4 times a year you might have had me as your General :wave:

Still the Rap4 stuff that I pointed it out is all for tactical games. It is very good quality and the smaller caliber paintballs used in the RAP lineup are much more accurate and compact than any of the 68 Caliber gear. I owned two of the Zeus G1 style markers in the past and found they were too large and heavy to carry. Would work ok though with a front chest holster. Keep in mind though that the pistols don't have anywhere near the same velocity as a marker with a 12" barrel and sometimes makes it hard to break paint on a soft target. You could also maybe look at picking up the paint grenade launcher for your A5. They work fairly well and make a nice backup plan.

Versatile 01-09-2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cordur (Post 94197)
You could also maybe look at picking up the paint grenade launcher for your A5. They work fairly well and make a nice backup plan.

Whats this? I have never heard of it.

Versatile 01-09-2008 12:40 PM

Wow Cordur those look fun. Might have to look at one of those.

BUD 01-09-2008 12:56 PM

Okkkkkkkk

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanGSP (Post 94064)
Guess we dont need the hockey thread right because this is a hunting forum, or phantoms fighting thread (phantom I am not saying we need to delete the topic I am just using it as an example) because we are teaching our kids its ok to fight. Get a grip this is the general section we do have lives outside of hunting.This thread about paintball not what you feel about paintball if you dont like it dont read it but please dont try and blow my thread off topic.

OK young fella , l guess l played my share of cowboys and lndians in the back lane when l was little too , both hands up saying WHOAAAA , must be a paintball forum somewhere tho , carry on haaaaaa.