Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Guns & Ammo Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   www.gotenda.com (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=343506)

SylverCANADA 04-21-2018 02:52 PM

www.gotenda.com

Greetings,

Anyone purchase anything from https://www.gotenda.com/, its an Ontario company?

Just wondering because I found an firearm that been searching a while for but don't know anything regarding their reputation.

Thank you all!

CaberTosser 04-21-2018 03:06 PM

They have lots of good feedback on CanadianGunNutz, though I'll admit I've not personally dealt with them I would not be hesitant to do so based on what I've read.

Hawkeye 04-21-2018 03:41 PM

Bought some ammo.
Great deal, fast (and free) shipping.
Would deal again in a heartbeat.

6MT 04-21-2018 07:02 PM

Yes, I have a couple of times. They are decent. Albeit, pretty poor customer service. Their web-site used to be very clunky and hard to navigate, but they might have fixed that. Pretty decent prices and selection.

Sometimes it's hard to understand the very fast talking heavily oriental accented person when you try to talk with someone live.

speedfreak 04-21-2018 08:15 PM

X2

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkeye (Post 3774301)
Bought some ammo.

flange 04-21-2018 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6MT (Post 3774376)
Yes, I have a couple of times. They are decent. Albeit, pretty poor customer service. Their web-site used to be very clunky and hard to navigate, but they might have fixed that. Pretty decent prices and selection.

Sometimes it's hard to understand the very fast talking heavily oriental accented person when you try to talk with someone live.

X2
Prices are good, communication is poor. In my situation they showed items in stock but then back ordered them. Waiting wasn't an issue but being told one thing and then the truth is entirely different .......

Scott N 04-21-2018 09:19 PM

I have ordered from them once and my order went smoothly. The price was as good as I could find, and I would use them again.

Ranets 04-21-2018 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkeye (Post 3774301)
Bought some ammo.

Same for me

wildbill 04-22-2018 02:04 AM

+2 weeks for bulk 22

Groundhogger 04-23-2018 07:43 AM

Good morning guys~thought I should chime in on this one as Tenda's store is literally 2 blocks from my office. It's a small shop, mostly restricted stuff...but they seem eager to accommodate, and reviews are good on CGN. I've picked-up the odd thing there, and have always had good service. Might be MORE stuff if I held an RPAL. :)

If anyone has any questions they think I can help with, don't hesitate to message me. I'm not affiliated in any way, but I am close...so sometimes it's reassuring to know that they're just there, and open for business.

Husty 04-23-2018 02:11 PM

Ordered a cz 527 and my norinco 1911 from tenda. Both were on sale and priced well. Sometimes shipping takes a while depending how busy they are and they use canpar(which i dont like) but A+ otherwise. I think it took about a week to ship out my 527. Norinco was shipped once transfer was completed.

KMLeong 03-13-2019 01:30 AM

Tenda

Prices are good, customer service iffy. Best to call and talk in person. Purchased Ruger 10/22 ( model 1264), lots of ammo, Weaver scope and now waiting for my Norinco 1911 A1 TT. So far so good

halsey 03-13-2019 02:23 AM

I ordered a 5000 round case of 22. Had some trouble with the website so did it over the phone. Good service from the employees and sent payment by emt. Campar did ok on the delivery. I would use them again.

yz295 03-13-2019 07:57 AM

Prices can't be beat, great selection but service isn't great if something goes wrong. That said I had 5 orders with them and 4 went off without a hitch. Depends on what's important to you I suppose. For me price is a big factor so I let the service slide.

Groundhogger 03-13-2019 01:00 PM

No affiliation, just posting again because I've been in their newer shop a few times now, and I haven't seen a dealer in this area with such a wide variety of "hot ticket" firearms. Seems if it's being discussed on CGN, it's on the wall @ Tenda. They are very nice people, and I'm in there every few weeks for something or other. It's the first place I held a new Ruger PC Carbine (bought one soon after :) ) and the first place I'd ever seen/held a Freedom Ordnance FX-9. Would love one of those things...wow.

The in-store experience is always very positive and being so close to my office, I never have to mail order. Bought an Uplula there on my last visit. (to help my tender fingers load those Glock mags for the Ruger :) ) Again, nothing but positive experiences, they seem very eager to please in person...and there is always "foot traffic" in the store. I've only ever seen 2-3 people working there, but would like to think they have other people (in the back) handling mail order.

fish_e_o 03-13-2019 01:08 PM

They're good. I bought my dillon 650 from them and it didn't ship for two weeks and I had to call them. But they just didn't let me know there was a delay.

Still good but they could use better communication

6.5 shooter 03-13-2019 05:58 PM

Ordered a Sightron sunshade. I screwed up and somehow managed to post my address with no house number...They did get a hold of me and let me know so fixed it but that was 3 weeks ago, no reply to my emails or any other info as to when the shade may arrive.. So ya customer service seem to suck... But I do buy everything with Pay Pal so they have 180 days to make it right...or.

6.5 shooter 03-14-2019 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter (Post 3946129)
Ordered a Sightron sunshade. I screwed up and somehow managed to post my address with no house number...They did get a hold of me and let me know so fixed it but that was 3 weeks ago, no reply to my emails or any other info as to when the shade may arrive.. So ya customer service seem to suck... But I do buy everything with Pay Pal so they have 180 days to make it right...or.

Up date.....got 3 messages today 2 with Canada post tracking numbers, 1 from Tenda....:sHa_shakeshout:

270person 03-14-2019 10:58 PM

I'm not an online shopper so wouldn't support them. I support bricks and mortar independents whenever possible and fear the day we lose them.

I have big concerns for one of our own Alberta independent firearms retailers right now. One I consider the best in western Canada and one of the best in the entire country. Nowhere near the inventory on hand that they had a year ago. This economy and the rise in online shopping isn't making it easy for the little guys.

I guess service is overrated for a lot of people today. Must be a millennials thing.

Groundhogger 03-15-2019 09:06 AM

Tenda Canada is a bricks & mortar shop for the record, but I certainly appreciate the idea of buying local too. I was in Tenda after work yesterday looking at a scope. Probably buying it next week.

Probably 4-5 other customers in the store when I was there, one stocking-up on bulk ammo..the rest tire-kickers like me. :)

YoteStopper 03-16-2019 07:07 PM

Have made 2 purchases from Tenda, the first took quite a while to ship (maybe 5-6 days) but the other shipped the next day. So far so good, although my favorite online store is probably SFRC.