Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Zimmerman not guitly (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=184860)

Fish along 07-13-2013 08:13 PM

Zimmerman not guitly

There's going to be trouble what do you think?

TomCanuck 07-13-2013 08:15 PM

Would imagine there will be some, hopefully no race riots.

sailor 07-13-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish along (Post 2038909)
There's going to be trouble what do you think?

Unless they ask RCMP for help to confiscate all knives

CaberTosser 07-13-2013 08:16 PM

People didn't riot when OJ got his not-guilty verdict :thinking-006:

deanmc 07-13-2013 08:16 PM

Hmmmmm Hope not.I wouldnt want to be Zimmerman though.

Doodle30 07-13-2013 08:20 PM

Civil Case?

Will there be a Civil case?

ishootbambi 07-13-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaberTosser (Post 2038916)

are you suggesting white folk aren't as prone to riot.....like the blacks did when he was found responsible for those deaths by a white jury and riots broke out?

TomCanuck 07-13-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doodle30 (Post 2038921)
Will there be a Civil case?

Doubt it, don't think he has deep pockets to justify the expense.

deanmc 07-13-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomCanuck (Post 2038925)

He has no money neither do the Martins . I understand that they could put a case forward to keep Zimmerman broke. If a lawer wanted to do it pro bono.

Doodle30 07-13-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomCanuck (Post 2038925)

True, but it's a way to take his book money etc that sure to be coming.

i_hate_snow 07-13-2013 08:30 PM

I'm glad media failed to persecute this man.

CaberTosser 07-13-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishootbambi (Post 2038922)
are you suggesting white folk aren't as prone to riot.....like the blacks did when he was found responsible for those deaths by a white jury and riots broke out?

I made no mention of race, but I do think that those in economically depressed areas will riot more because they don't have the options of protest that more affluent people have. Color or religion have nothing to do with it. Then again the rioters in Vancouver were from all walks of life, there were probably more 'advantaged' people creating havoc than there were poor folk. Besides, Zimmerman sure looks Hispanic to me, so what have caucasians have to do with anything in the Zimmerman case? Naturally tanned shooter, even more tanned deceased. Can't whitey take a pass as the 'bigoted' guilty party in this one?

Wild&Free 07-13-2013 08:42 PM

Good to see so many of you were distracted by this when there's so much more going on in the world.

Multiple nations have had their governments overthrown by mass demonstration and coups that are not coups during this trial. Many more nations are still experiencing mass protests and unrest.

The whole Trans Atlantic trade negotiations that are going on, which would have a similar effect as the wonderful NAFTA agreements

Not to mention the Bradly Manning court marshal, or the Eric Snowden affair which is by all accounts the most damaging leak of classified information against the US establishment to date.

I could go on, but a man killing a boy claiming self defense with the whole black in America media spin is more important. Not to make light of being black in the US, but really this whole Zimmerman thing is something for the people of Florida to work out with their legislature. Up here in Canada, winter is coming.

blueskys 07-13-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild&Free (Post 2038948)

Not to mention the Bradly Manning court marshal, or the Eric Snowden affair which is by all accounts the most damaging leak of classified information against the US establishment to date.

Yes I agree....exposing the fact that the US government has morphed into something out of George Orwell's 1984 could be "damaging".:thinking-006:

TomCanuck 07-13-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i_hate_snow (Post 2038935)
I'm glad media failed to persecute this man.

I think they did persecute him, causing this trial in the first place.

i_hate_snow 07-13-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomCanuck (Post 2038964)
I think they did persecute him, causing this trial in the first place.

Fair enough but I'm saying atleast he was acquitted

Wild&Free 07-13-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i_hate_snow (Post 2038969)
Fair enough but I'm saying atleast he was acquitted

The fundamental danger of an acquittal is not race riots, it's more George Zimmermans. - Jay Smooth. Quote from twitter.

That about sums up my feelings on this.

ali#1 07-13-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaberTosser (Post 2038916)

or Casey Anthony, Wonder what they are getting at :thinking-006:

doetracks 07-13-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild&Free (Post 2038948)
Good to see so many of you were distracted by this when there's so much more going on in the world.

Multiple nations have had their governments overthrown by mass demonstration and coups that are not coups during this trial. Many more nations are still experiencing mass protests and unrest.

The whole Trans Atlantic trade negotiations that are going on, which would have a similar effect as the wonderful NAFTA agreements

I could go on, but a man killing a boy claiming self defense with the whole black in America media spin is more important. Not to make light of being black in the US, but really this whole Zimmerman thing is something for the people of Florida to work out with their legislature. Up here in Canada, winter is coming.

Au contraire. There are many of us that can watch all of the above with barely a sideways glace at the Zimmerman trial, and still keep fairly good track of what's happening.

Wild&Free 07-13-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doetracks (Post 2039079)
Au contraire. There are many of us that can watch all of the above with barely a sideways glace at the Zimmerman trial, and still keep fairly good track of what's happening.

Touché.

rwm1273 07-14-2013 12:07 AM

I suspect there will be some riots, some random violence, and Zimmerman and his family will most likely be targets for a very long time.

I have nothing nice to say about either Zimmerman or Martin.

What I saw from this is a need to better control who can carry a weapon. Zimmerman was a wannabe cop, and despite his best intentions, he killed someone who was not guilty of doing anything at that time, other then going home. He should have waited for the police like the 911 operator told him.

Martin was a druggy and a petty thief, contrary to what his family and his supporters had to say about him. He was typical of what happens to poor black youths.

MrSmooth 07-14-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaberTosser (Post 2038943)
I made no mention of race, but I do think that those in economically depressed areas will riot more because they don't have the options of protest that more affluent people have. Color or religion have nothing to do with it. Then again the rioters in Vancouver were from all walks of life, there were probably more 'advantaged' people creating havoc than there were poor folk. Besides, Zimmerman sure looks Hispanic to me, so what have caucasians have to do with anything in the Zimmerman case? Naturally tanned shooter, even more tanned deceased. Can't whitey take a pass as the 'bigoted' guilty party in this one?

His father was a white German.

brslk 07-14-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwm1273 (Post 2039115)
I suspect there will be some riots, some random violence, and Zimmerman and his family will most likely be targets for a very long time.

I have nothing nice to say about either Zimmerman or Martin.

What I saw from this is a need to better control who can carry a weapon. Zimmerman was a wannabe cop, and despite his best intentions, he killed someone who was not guilty of doing anything at that time, other then going home. He should have waited for the police like the 911 operator told him.

Martin was a druggy and a petty thief, contrary to what his family and his supporters had to say about him. He was typical of what happens to poor black youths.

This^... but could you please change your location from "deadmonton" to anywhere else? If you don't like it here you can leave.
There are more things to do here than a lot of other places in Canada but no one can force you to participate.

rwm1273 07-14-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brslk (Post 2039136)
This^... but could you please change your location from "deadmonton" to anywhere else? If you don't like it here you can leave.
There are more things to do here than a lot of other places in Canada but no one can force you to participate.

I will not change my location. You most likely don't even know why I call it that do you? It has nothing to do with lack of things to do there.

leeaspell 07-14-2013 01:02 AM

I was expecting a guilty verdict because of race, regardless of what was being said about race not being a factor. I guess I was wrong, with that said, I didn't want to see a guilty verdict.

I might get flamed or even banned for this, but good riddance, one less druggy petty thieve on the streets is fine by me. You know those crack heads stealing your truck, and breaking in to your house in the middle of the night, they started off as druggy petty thieves too

rwm1273 07-14-2013 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leeaspell (Post 2039142)
I was expecting a guilty verdict because of race, regardless of what was being said about race not being a factor. I guess I was wrong, with that said, I didn't want to see a guilty verdict.

I might get flamed or even banned for this, but good riddance, one less druggy petty thieve on the streets is fine by me. You know those crack heads stealing your truck, and breaking in to your house in the middle of the night, they started off as druggy petty thieves too

No flames from me, I totally agree.

canadiantdi 07-14-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwm1273 (Post 2039140)
I will not change my location. You most likely don't even know why I call it that do you? It has nothing to do with lack of things to do there.

Its because you find Edmonton "dead" compared to other places.

Wild&Free 07-14-2013 01:20 AM

Edmonton was murder capital of Canada the year rmw registered would be my guess.

rwm1273 07-14-2013 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadiantdi (Post 2039149)
Its because you find Edmonton "dead" compared to other places.

No, but good guess. Actually Edmonton does have lots of things to do, and is known as "festival city" because it does have a large number of festivals.

rwm1273 07-14-2013 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wild&Free (Post 2039151)
Edmonton was murder capital of Canada the year rmw registered would be my guess.

Not just the year I registered, but this is a very good answer.