Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Sturgeon in the SSR (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=64781)

AlbertanAngler 07-25-2010 10:50 PM

Sturgeon in the SSR

1 Attachment(s)
Downtown Medicine Hat I caught my biggest sturgeon, or fish for that matter, of my life!
5'2 , 27" , 70LB... my back was sore for 2 days after this fight!!!

walleyechaser 07-25-2010 10:56 PM

very nice catch, welcome to AOF

whitetail Junkie 07-25-2010 11:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow!!! Thats Huge.I caught 2 Nice walleye there last year,biggest was just over 9 pounds.Right in the same Hole!!! Congrats!!!:)

Darren57 07-25-2010 11:53 PM

Never thught i would say this, but you made me jealouse of people living in the flat lands. Beautiful Fish!!!

AlbertanAngler 07-25-2010 11:54 PM

Ya thats the only picture I have, its small.. not so funny thing lost the iphone with all the pics (i caught another 20 mins later almost as big!!!) on the hike out. Luckily a fellow fisherman that was down there e-mailed me this one. I few years ago I caught an 8LB pike there as well, but I like the sounds of that huge wally, I will be down there lots!

Rockymtnx 07-26-2010 12:10 AM

Congrats on a awesome fish!
By the way welcome to AO.

whitetail Junkie 07-26-2010 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlbertanAngler (Post 638416)
Ya thats the only picture I have, its small.. not so funny thing lost the iphone with all the pics (i caught another 20 mins later almost as big!!!) on the hike out. Luckily a fellow fisherman that was down there e-mailed me this one. I few years ago I caught an 8LB pike there as well, but I like the sounds of that huge wally, I will be down there lots!

x2 on the iphone,thats so crazy,my cousin and I were brook trout fishing at spruce coulee lake(cypress hills) yesterday it was hot outside, so I decided to go into the water up to my waist and fish.my cousin followed me forgetting that he still had his i-phone in is pocket:mad0100:

Eitherway great sturgeon,guess where i'm going tommorow(lol):sHa_shakeshout:

AlbertanAngler 07-26-2010 12:31 AM

I am there quite a bit and the sturgeon aren't biting as much... the river is lower and slower now i'm not sure if that has anythign to do with it, but I would catch like ten a day when the river was really high and fast.

whitetail Junkie 07-26-2010 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlbertanAngler (Post 638441)
I am there quite a bit and the sturgeon aren't biting as much... the river is lower and slower now i'm not sure if that has anythign to do with it, but I would catch like ten a day when the river was really high and fast.

oh,so now you tell me!!!!:lol: (JJ)
I probabley should'nt go anyways because i've got lots of work to do around the house.I've found that on really hot days,like tommorow they dont bite good anyways.I'll have to see I guess? Good luck next time you go there!!! The alberta record I believe is 105 pounds and at the rate your pulling them out,it might just be a matter of time before the record is broken!!!:)

Walleyes 07-26-2010 03:39 AM

One heck of a sturg,, they are quite the fish to wrangle in aren't they.. Well done..

Fishfinder 07-26-2010 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlbertanAngler (Post 638441)

X2 on that.
Awesome sturgy AA! I musta seen u down there at some point this year?
Welcome to the forum too!

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES 07-26-2010 10:39 AM

Thats a beauty , caught one similar to that about 3 weeks ago , Was fun trying to wrangle it as I was alone . Got one crappy picture but I dont post pictures here anymore . Not worth the bickering . Great sturgeon and thanks for sharing .

Oh and welcome to Alberta Outdoorsmen forum .

AlbertanAngler 07-26-2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleyes (Post 638468)
One heck of a sturg,, they are quite the fish to wrangle in aren't they.. Well done..

Holy sh*t yeah! I'm hooked, that fish almost had all my line, i'm lucky he decided to turn when he did... had him in like three times, then he would find more energy and take all my line again and again.

AlbertanAngler 07-26-2010 11:18 AM

Most likely fishfinder, I have been down there a couple times a week since May 24 weekend.

AlbertanAngler 07-26-2010 11:31 AM

Anyone know how to post pictures right on this thread, instead of the link to that tiny picture?

soggysocks 07-26-2010 12:28 PM

Nicely done, after catching mine this year, really makes me think I need to invest in a heavier rod...Just know those lurk out there, I'd hate to be caught with the wrong tackle.

ishootbambi 07-26-2010 05:30 PM

thats not quite downtown.....but great fish. i hope some fool doesnt create a story about finding a dead 70 pounder 100 yards away tomorrow:rolleye2:.

WayneChristie 07-26-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlbertanAngler (Post 638643)
Anyone know how to post pictures right on this thread, instead of the link to that tiny picture?

open a free account at photobucket.com and you can post a direct link to your pics so they show up in the thread. save me a couple of those sturgeon k? ;)

AlbertanAngler 07-26-2010 06:02 PM

for all of the people NOT from here, i was trying to get the point across that it was in the city center basically where it was caught....... I know its not downtown. That fish swam away so strong, and it was a few weeks ago so I dont have to worry about that bambi.

AlbertanAngler 07-26-2010 06:04 PM

thanx Wayne, I will do that! Just got home from the fishing hole, sauger, walleye, no sturgy :( Tommorrow im taking the boat across the river to that 40ft hole. I hope they are hiding out there :)

Anomaly 07-26-2010 09:48 PM

god that weighs more than my 7 year old.

WOW!

madatter 07-26-2010 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishootbambi (Post 638920)
thats not quite downtown.....but great fish. i hope some fool doesnt create a story about finding a dead 70 pounder 100 yards away tomorrow:rolleye2:.

I was thinkin the same thing!!!:):)
Great dinosaur tho!
Looks like your golden is as snoopy as mine.....

AlbertanAngler 07-27-2010 01:09 PM

I dont know what im doing.. haha

Quote:

Originally Posted by WayneChristie (Post 638930)
open a free account at photobucket.com and you can post a direct link to your pics so they show up in the thread. save me a couple of those sturgeon k? ;)

http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/x...igsturgeon.jpg

hitman6 07-27-2010 03:59 PM

nice

Is that in police point,or before the TC bridge, can you drive in there or are you walking. I've live in the hat a long time, and I,m not quite sure where you were fishing.
Thanks

whitetail Junkie 07-27-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hitman6 (Post 639650)
Is that in police point,or before the TC bridge, can you drive in there or are you walking. I've live in the hat a long time, and I,m not quite sure where you were fishing.
Thanks

Do you know where the Big Tee-Pee is?

WayneChristie 07-27-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlbertanAngler (Post 639561)

theres a list of links on the left, 4 of them when you click on your picture, if you copy and paste the bottom one your picture will show up. NIce fish!!!!

Gumbi 07-28-2010 11:36 AM

Yep Sweet Fish, still got to catch me one of thos.

ishootbambi 08-03-2010 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlbertanAngler (Post 638960)
for all of the people NOT from here, i was trying to get the point across that it was in the city center basically where it was caught....... I know its not downtown. That fish swam away so strong, and it was a few weeks ago so I dont have to worry about that bambi.

you are new here so missed it. when fishfinder hooked into a giant a few months back an internet troll invented a silly story about finding a dead sturgeon a couple days after..... a childish attempt to chastise a fellow angler for taking some pics of his prize before releasing it. he also stated that he had it on good authority that there are only 10 sturgeon in the entire river system that size. i guess if you caught 2 that night and fishfinder killed one, there must be only 7 others out there. :rolleye2:

again great fish and im glad to see the troll has left the building.

AlbertanAngler 08-05-2010 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ishootbambi (Post 643891)
you are new here so missed it. when fishfinder hooked into a giant a few months back an internet troll invented a silly story about finding a dead sturgeon a couple days after..... a childish attempt to chastise a fellow angler for taking some pics of his prize before releasing it. he also stated that he had it on good authority that there are only 10 sturgeon in the entire river system that size. i guess if you caught 2 that night and fishfinder killed one, there must be only 7 others out there. :rolleye2:

again great fish and im glad to see the troll has left the building.

Ohhh K. I get it now. Sounds like the troll guy is out to lunch haha.