Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Looking for fishing partner, ride, company, etc. (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=53384)

Tezma 09-19-2011 03:49 PM

Badger Lake tomorrow, Leaving at 9:00AM
Will be back for 4:30PM

Only 1 hour 45 min drive to badger from here.

Going for BIG Pike, 15+ Lb

Tezma 09-20-2011 01:19 AM

Sorry change of plan.... Sorry

deltravers 09-20-2011 03:49 PM

Sturgeon Lake Tomorrow

Got room in the boat for one. Leaving about 9 AM From Grande Prairie for the day. PM me

Kokanee9 09-21-2011 06:48 PM

Off until next wednesday. Looking for somebody that wants take a seat on the boat.

Tomorrow and friday are already planned. Open for any of the other days.

In fairness, be aware that no shows and late night cancellations the night before a trip will be posted.

Send a PM if interested, thanks.

Tezma 09-21-2011 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kokanee9 (Post 1088361)
Off until next wednesday. Looking for somebody that wants take a seat on the boat.

Tomorrow and friday are already planned. Open for any of the other days.

In fairness, be aware that no shows and late night cancellations the night before a trip will be posted.

Send a PM if interested, thanks.

where do you plan on going?

Kokanee9 09-21-2011 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tezma (Post 1088765)
where do you plan on going?

Destination is open.

slingshotz 09-24-2011 12:39 AM

Sunday

Wife is working Sunday so I got a free day of fishing Thinking of heading out to either Beaver Lake on the pontoon or exploring new water, namely North Raven, or both even. I've never fished the Raven before so I wonder if now is a good time to fish it or is it better later in the fall? I'm not a real early riser so probably won't leave Calgary until 8ish. PM me if you're interested in either.

slivers86 09-26-2011 08:57 PM

Exploring

Going to explore south west of the city tomorrow morning. Wanting to hit the creeks just after sunrise until about 3 or 4 pm. Let me know if you are interested. Have fly + spin gear, but like the title says, 'exploring' will be my objective of the day, and hopefully finding some fish at the same time!

PM me, going to bed around 10:30 or so, hopefully leave before 7am from spruce meadows area.

Macayan 09-26-2011 08:59 PM

Really, I can attend?:sHa_shakeshout:

Tezma 09-28-2011 03:44 AM

I wanna go fishing On friday, As I have that day off.

Would anyone wanna fish that day???

Shot me a PM

slivers86 09-28-2011 03:14 PM

CROWSNEST/PINCHER Wednesday Oct 5

Going to Crowsnest/pincher creek area for a day trip. Wanting to leave nice and early to get a FULL morning/afternoon of good fishing in. Thinking someone with fly/spin gear would be appropriate due to unpredictable winds as to not have a disappointing day.

Thinking of hitting castle river, Beauvais lake, beaver mines lake, or any other little creeks/streams we see that look promising.

Split gas, I drive a small car, so if you drive something more comfy, I'm all for riding with you.

Hopefully leave early in the am, I'm good to be up and ready to go for 6:30am.

PM me, and I promise we'll have a helluva day exploring some new terrain for me!

Mattattack 09-28-2011 03:59 PM

Where's all the Edmonton people haha. All these Calgary trips look like a blast.

BeeGuy 09-28-2011 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tezma (Post 1096229)
I wanna go fishing On friday, As I have that day off.

Would anyone wanna fish that day???

Shot me a PM

PM shot.

BeeGuy 09-28-2011 04:35 PM

Going for white fish this evening

PM for details!

BeeGuy 09-28-2011 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeeGuy (Post 1096935)
PM for details!

Mission was a success. A bunch of whities and a 19 and 26" brown. Big brown was a fatty but forgot to fight.

BeeGuy 09-29-2011 12:34 PM

yep

Going for whities in Calgary NW again.

This afternoon/evening.

PM for the deets.

Kokanee9 09-30-2011 08:35 AM

Taking the boat out again next monday or tuesday. Looking for somebody that wants a seat on the boat. There are 2 seats available. Destination is open for discussion as well.

Bill was kind enough to exchange the net for a different one that has a stronger handle. Shouldn't have any worries about the handle bending in half this time when landing a fish.

Again, in fairness, be aware ahead of time that no shows and late night cancellations the night before a trip will be posted.

Send a PM if interested, thank you. :)

Tezma 10-01-2011 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kokanee9 (Post 1099125)
Taking the boat out again next monday or tuesday. Looking for somebody that wants a seat on the boat. There are 2 seats available. Destination is open for discussion as well.

Bill was kind enough to exchange the net for a different one that has a stronger handle. Shouldn't have any worries about the handle bending in half this time when landing a fish.

Again, in fairness, be aware ahead of time that no shows and late night cancellations the night before a trip will be posted.

Send a PM if interested, thank you. :)

I claim Tuesday if no one has! LOL,

Tezma 10-01-2011 12:56 AM

Tomorrow,
I am going to .....somewhere, Close or in the city if anyone wants to go SHOT ME A PM.

BEFORE 10AM

I am up for thoughts.

Tezma 10-01-2011 05:09 PM

Fishing the Bow tonight, Anyone one come shoot me a PM.

22x maybe

BeeGuy 10-01-2011 06:50 PM

Will probably float around on Ghost tomorrow morning as the forecast is for very low wind.

PM for deets.

slivers86 10-01-2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slivers86 (Post 1094654)
Going to explore south west of the city tomorrow morning. Wanting to hit the creeks just after sunrise until about 3 or 4 pm. Let me know if you are interested. Have fly + spin gear, but like the title says, 'exploring' will be my objective of the day, and hopefully finding some fish at the same time!

PM me, going to bed around 10:30 or so, hopefully leave before 7am from spruce meadows area.

Just an update, location will be weather dependant, might hit up a small lake in kananaskis area aswell, if so could leave a bit later! Who's up for some wednesday fishing!

Tezma 10-02-2011 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeeGuy (Post 1100624)
Will probably float around on Ghost tomorrow morning as the forecast is for very low wind.

PM for deets.

GEEEZE, I'll come, I'll bring some supplys......

Call me, ASAP or email me

scott_porter@live dot ca

Mattattack 10-02-2011 05:00 PM

Is anyone going to wabamun during this week? I'd love to try the lake with someone who is experienced with techniques and hot spots. Will chip in and pay for whatever is needed.

lifesaflyin 10-02-2011 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattattack (Post 1096878)
Where's all the Edmonton people haha. All these Calgary trips look like a blast.

well im here, set somthing up. lol

ORV 10-02-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slivers86 (Post 1096817)
Going to Crowsnest/pincher creek area for a day trip. Wanting to leave nice and early to get a FULL morning/afternoon of good fishing in. Thinking someone with fly/spin gear would be appropriate due to unpredictable winds as to not have a disappointing day.

Thinking of hitting castle river, Beauvais lake, beaver mines lake, or any other little creeks/streams we see that look promising.

Split gas, I drive a small car, so if you drive something more comfy, I'm all for riding with you.

Hopefully leave early in the am, I'm good to be up and ready to go for 6:30am.

PM me, and I promise we'll have a helluva day exploring some new terrain for me!

how did you make out?
i am heading down to that area on friday.

orv.

slivers86 10-02-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ORV (Post 1101642)
how did you make out?
i am heading down to that area on friday.

orv.

Going on Wednesday, perhaps, if I find someone to go with. Otherwise I might stay closer to home. Was planning on hiking up some rivers and streams in the area south of hwy 3 near castle mountain area. I might goto Lower K though instead or somewhere a bit more populated. After reading a couple forums on other sites, sounds like a cougar and bear population in the area in recent weeks. Can anyone confirm?

DMCK 10-03-2011 09:53 PM

anyone in edmonton area up for flyfishing????

Kokanee9 10-03-2011 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slivers86 (Post 1101656)
Going on Wednesday, perhaps, if I find someone to go with. Otherwise I might stay closer to home. Was planning on hiking up some rivers and streams in the area south of hwy 3 near castle mountain area. I might goto Lower K though instead or somewhere a bit more populated. After reading a couple forums on other sites, sounds like a cougar and bear population in the area in recent weeks. Can anyone confirm?

There is a cougar and bear population in both areas, however Banff park will not have any hunters. Just something to think about.

slivers86 10-04-2011 12:06 AM

good to know. I wear bright colors in the fall anytime I am outside of town limits and in the bush, flouro orange bandana on the neck, with a orange hat, hopefully they all see me :)