Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Looking for fishing partner, ride, company, etc. (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=53384)

waterninja 04-27-2013 04:20 PM

if anyone in edm. area is going out fishing with their boat and want a deckhand/fishing partner for the day please pm me. i fish the river a lot but dont have a suitable boat for the nsr. have all my own gear and will chip in for gas. would meet at goldbar or ft.sask. thanks

Mothali 04-28-2013 08:26 AM

new to calgary.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record. I've been in Calgary for a few months now and looking for someone to show me the ropes of trout fishing. I did not bring my gear with me from Ontario, as it is geared for bass fishing. I am going to purchase gear but I would like some guidance on the proper equipment that will produce. Going out today to get my win card and maybe a rod. Pm me if you want an eager to learn fish in buddy.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

bellyboat 04-28-2013 09:55 AM

Questions@

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mothali (Post 1947913)
At the risk of sounding like a broken record. I've been in Calgary for a few months now and looking for someone to show me the ropes of trout fishing. I did not bring my gear with me from Ontario, as it is geared for bass fishing. I am going to purchase gear but I would like some guidance on the proper equipment that will produce. Going out today to get my win card and maybe a rod. Pm me if you want an eager to learn fish in buddy.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Couple of questions . .
What part of Calgary y u in?
Wanna flyfish--float river, walk streams, go on small lakes, etc?

Evans

ranchobendecido 05-07-2013 01:10 AM

got partner or not?

araret 05-09-2013 11:00 AM

Yukon & Arctic

Hi Everyone,

I am currently planning a road trip from Edmonton to the Yukon. The final destination is down the Dempster Highway at Inuvik. I am wondering if anyone is interested? The dates are May 28th to June 12th.

Over all, I am looking for two people to share the costs and go fishing with. Most of the cost is divided between fuel, car rental, food and lodging. Also, it's best if each person is older than 25, and has a good driving record (for car rental).

Some of the highlights are:
Fishing species: bull trout, rare chance of dolly varden, inconnu, whities
Special Points of Interest: Watson Lake signpost forest, All natural hot springs beside the Laird River, Dempster Highway, and claiming to have gone into the Arctic

Also excellent photography opportunities added to fishing chances. Below is a preliminary map of where each point of interest is.

Click Here!!

Please PM me if anyone is interested, or wants more information.

RavYak 05-18-2013 10:03 PM

Anyone interested in joining me tomorrow? Thinking I might go hit up a nice little lake with some pike and maybe some perch(usually small). I live in West Edmonton and lake is about 45 mins away.

I have a nice little 12 foot boat, all I ask is for some bait or chip in on gas etc. Have room for up to 2 people.

Edit: Just thought to check weather and it looks like it could possibly be questionable. Will probably still try to get out but will depend on how things look.

Claymaker 05-19-2013 05:49 AM

Banff just moved here and looking for fishing partner send me a pm!

Mattattack 05-21-2013 10:26 AM

Looking to get out and do some fishing on my two weeks off. If you have a boat that is even better. I've got one, but have yet to replace my stolen boat motor from last year. I will chip in for everything. Just want to get out on the lake and catch some nice fish. I am in Edmonton, but willing to travel for great fishing.

PM me and let's catch some fish!!

ABFishFan 05-23-2013 01:32 PM

fishing buddy

Have post here couple of times. Wondering if anyone would take me or let me tag along for a fishing trip. Still hoping someone would like to share the gas cost or just be my company for a day

ABFishFan 05-23-2013 01:54 PM

travel buddy

Am planning a fishing trip in last week of Jun. Not sure where yet? Slave lake? Vancouver island? Cuba? PEI? Any suggestion please? Went to Florida in Jan by myself for four days of fishing. Would be nice to have some company this time.
Anyone want to go together?

dekker59 05-30-2013 08:59 PM

Hoping to take the tinny out for some pike/walleye or mabe spray lake lakers on sat if anyone's interested

Leaving from calgary NW

klow 05-31-2013 06:50 PM

I could be interested. I live in the se and have a tinny too. I would love to go for walleye and pike. If you are still interested, leave me a message and I will shoot you a phone number.

Fishinlivin' 06-02-2013 09:55 PM

Hey, I am new to the forum and was wondering if anyone likes to flyfish up in the mountains nobody I know really does. I am trying a few new things this year I am also interested in trying for a Bass I know a few lakes in BC. More less i'm just trying to go out as much as possible this year and expand my fishing knowledge. So anyone feel free to send me a message the rivers open the 16th!!!

Wild&Free 06-03-2013 07:16 AM

Helps to know where you are fishinlivin'

biggie29 06-03-2013 10:09 PM

looking at getting out fishing tomm tuesday June 4th.. kind of a last min thing.. got a boat.. anyone want to join? just looking at going to a near by lake.. I live NW edmonton and can pick you up.. not to picking on the lake as long as its not to far out... PM me if intrested..

biggie29 06-04-2013 07:58 AM

Fishing today

Hi still looking for fishing partner for today.. Pm me if ur intersted..

Lmil 06-07-2013 07:07 AM

Hey there guys. My name's Lorne. Kinda new to fishing. Took it up a few years ago but only managed a few outings. Getting more into it this year. I live in Grande Prairie and looking for someone to head out the surrounding lakes and rivers on most weekends. I have no boat at the moment so all my fishing is done from the shore. I'm also getting into flyfishing but as of yet have yet to take it out, that comes this weekend (June 8).

So, anyone in my area wants to join me send me a pm. I don't care what kind of fishing experience you have or if you even have a boat. I just like to get out there.

Lorne,
GP, AB

ABFishFan 06-07-2013 12:02 PM

still looking for travel buddy

I am thinking I may like to go to Comox then Tofino the last week of Jun. Wondering if anyone kind enough to take me out fishing? I am from Calgary, don't have much experience of sea fishing. Would like to share a Charter for a day of fishing?

Bobby B. 06-09-2013 06:41 PM

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a few fellow fisherman to fish with. I want guys who like to share. I'm willing to take fishing those who are also willing to take me out fishing. I have a 14 ft Naden, a 30 hp Merc, a trailer, a truck, etc..

I'm pretty easy going except for one major fault: I'm a planner. I like to plan most things in advance. I like to set up a fishing trip in advance, whether it be for the day or for the weekend. Not a month in advance,but enough in advance to be prepared and organized.

I don't care if you catch more fish than me. I don't care if you know more about fishing than me. I don't care how old you are. I'm 55 yrs old. Some of my best friends are in their late 30's, some in their mid 70's.

I'm interested in fishing with those who want to catch fish, but also with those who simply enjoy a day away from the city. I don't care if you smoke. I don't care you drink. I do care that you are reliable. I do care that you pull your own weight. If you are normal, or normalish, that's cool by me.

I feel like I'm writing one of those singles ads, but rest assured I'm a happily married man only looking for someone who is also interested in spending time fishing. I used to fish alot, but haven't in years. I plan to start fishing alot. None of my friends fish so I'm looking for someone who simply enjoys fishing.

My e-mail address is bobscobra@shaw.ca

Bobby B.

THERICARDO 06-10-2013 01:06 PM

Heading to Wab Tuesday morning, planning on leaving Ed around 6am and my fishing partner cancelled on me... Have a small tinner and wouldnt mind some company... Just bring your stuff and we good to go... send me a PM

biggie29 06-11-2013 12:19 PM

fishing friday june 14

hey looking at going out to calling lake on friday 14th for some fishing .. got truck and boat if anyone is down for taging along.. see if we can do some slaying and fileting

biggie29 06-12-2013 08:25 PM

fishing friday

Im still on for friday.. im down for any lake.. just pm me if your intersted in coming

Commander B 06-17-2013 06:34 PM

Tues June 18

I just got tomorrow off.. Any one interested? have boat will travel... Burntstick, Pine, Mac greggor, Travers, Little Bow or Crawling with walleye valley!!! Calgary. Two people ok.

B.

baitfisher83 06-19-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commander B (Post 2007158)
I just got tomorrow off.. Any one interested? have boat will travel... Burntstick, Pine, Mac greggor, Travers, Little Bow or Crawling with walleye valley!!! Calgary. Two people ok.

B.

Too bad it wasnt today, pretty rainy though, lol

DaveFish 06-24-2013 09:35 PM

Just got tomorrow off, looking to fish anywhere pretty much, no vehicle, but lots of gear and will pitch for gas etc if anyone is going out and is looking for a partner. Downtown Edmonton.

fisho_badyk 06-28-2013 09:32 AM

Cold Lake?

Heading to Cold Lake next week, if anybody wants a boat fishing partner, let me know!

Wild&Free 07-04-2013 09:52 AM

Looking to get out with someone this weekend for some fishing. Invites or company welcome. Pretty flexible on destination.

Lambo 07-05-2013 12:57 AM

Going fishing on Sunday probably to crawling valley or newell. I would like to take someone who wants to fish from a boat but doesn't have the means to. Or someone who was affected by the recent flood and needs to get their mind of their crappy luck and just enjoy a good day of fishing. PM me.

Irishtrout 07-06-2013 05:34 PM

is there any fishing clubs in Calgary? i am new to the area and looking to meet some other people interested in fishing taught maybe some of ye might be a member of such a club if there is please let me no:)

AnglersOfAnarchy 07-07-2013 12:46 AM

Red Deer Area PM me