Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Archery Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Looking for Montana Elk Decoy (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=19741)

alpineman 09-15-2008 10:23 AM

Looking for Montana Elk Decoy

Does anyone know where to get a Montana Elk decoy side angle Montana 1 in or near Edmonton, I am out near Devon and called Wholesale sports in Edmonton they said they had some I drove in and when I got there there were non there only the front angle, they first told me they sold out about a week earlier then when I asked why they told me they had some about 1 1/2 hours earlier they changed there story to say they sold there last one just prior to me getting there (I should have known the same tricks with Wholesale Sports are they ever going to change?).

BigRackLover 09-15-2008 10:54 AM

try Pipestone archery (millet area), sherwood park archery lanes and trophy book archery (spruce grove ish). Also try gerry's archery suppplies (west of edmonton 1/2 hour or somethine like that)

alpineman 09-15-2008 11:12 AM

Where is Gerry's do you have a number.
Thanks

Just tried Sherwood Park they dont have any right now but should have some in a couple of days, but they want $135 most places are $120 but cannot find one.

BigRackLover 09-15-2008 11:39 AM

(780)299-0080 or check out www.gerrysarcherysupplies.com

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES 09-15-2008 12:47 PM

Canadian tire has them aswell.

alpineman 09-15-2008 01:17 PM

Hey BigBadJohn

Which Canadian tire did you see the decoys at, I haven't seen them there.
Were you at Pipestone for Rocky Jacobsons Elk Calling Seminar?

I'll also give Gerrys a call
Thanks

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES 09-15-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpineman (Post 184352)
Hey BigBadJohn

Which Canadian tire did you see the decoys at, I haven't seen them there.
Were you at Pipestone for Rocky Jacobsons Elk Calling Seminar?

I'll also give Gerrys a call
Thanks

ft sask one had them here last week. im sure ft road would have them.and no i wasnt.

redneck posse 09-15-2008 06:28 PM

sherwood park archery has them

The Bit Runner. 09-16-2008 10:17 AM

cabellas for 89.00,backcountry sports in reddeer for 149.0.,Hmmm i wonder about that.:rolleye2:

alpineman 09-16-2008 10:37 AM

Just talked to Gerry's Archery Supplies just west of Edmonton, He has all the styles for $120 tax in, I'm on my way to pick one up. And maby a couple other things while I'm there. I checked with Cabelas they are out right now and will not have any for a couple of weeks then by the time I get it the rut will be over. Also checked Sherwood park archery and they are out aswell.

alpineman 09-16-2008 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpineman (Post 184798)
Just talked to Gerry's Archery Supplies just west of Edmonton, He has all the styles for $120 tax in, I'm on my way to pick one up. And maby a couple other things while I'm there. I checked with Cabelas they are out right now and will not have any for a couple of weeks then by the time I get it the rut will be over. Also checked Sherwood park archery and they are out aswell.

Well I just got back and Gerry's Archery supply has a great selection, and his prices beat everyone else, The drive wasn't to bad about 10 minutes from Stony Plain, Gerry is a great person to deal with and he isn't there to gouge you, he is a true hunter and knows his stuff, I highly recommend the drive for your hunting needs.

recurve 09-19-2008 08:43 AM

Montana decoy

There is some on ebay. You can get them sent here for less $, then for what they sell them for here in Alberta.