Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fly-Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Lethbridge Fly Shop? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=329371)

Off in the Bushes 09-15-2017 08:05 AM

Lethbridge Fly Shop?

With the eventual closing of Wholesale Sport here in Lethbridge there is going to be no more retail location for fly materials etc. Anyone know any local place to purchase materials. How about a Canadian one stop online store.

Mr Flyguy 09-15-2017 09:58 AM

Try Robinson's Outdoor in Victoria. Prompt service and extensive inventory of materials, although you will have to go through a lengthy Excel spread sheet.

You can even speak directly to the manager, Matt King.

jgib01 09-15-2017 11:21 AM

I have purchased online through The Fishin' Hole, Flymart, and Canadian Llama. I don't know that you could exactly call any of those "one stop". Silver Tip has some stuff locally, albeit quite limited apart from his signature wings, etc..

highwood 09-15-2017 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgib01 (Post 3622772)
I have purchased online through The Fishin' Hole, Flymart, and Canadian Llama. I don't know that you could exactly call any of those "one stop". Silver Tip has some stuff locally, albeit quite limited apart from his signature wings, etc..

Wholesale is a madhouse right now....lined up to the reel counter in Leth.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

jgib01 09-15-2017 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by highwood (Post 3622787)
Wholesale is a madhouse right now....lined up to the reel counter in Leth.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Can't imagine why... apart from fly line at 30% off, everything else was quite cool for deals. Most stuff is 10% off list, with a few things at 20%. You can see the % off deals on the big thread in the general discussion forum.

I forgot to mention another online retailer, that I have not used myself but have heard several others mention as good... http://www.togenenterprises.com

wildbill 09-18-2017 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Off in the Bushes (Post 3622652)
With the eventual closing of Wholesale Sport here in Lethbridge there is going to be no more retail location for fly materials etc. Anyone know any local place to purchase materials. How about a Canadian one stop online store.

I feel your pain, from the same neck of the woods, Fishtales in cow town is good, I've always been treated with respect there, bought lots of stuff off of them, locally good luck, Vic Bergmans Crowsnest Angler is good. There will be a huge void with Wholesale gone, I know Lethbridges store is an earner. They're shuttin down the wrong store.

millsboy79 09-20-2017 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildbill (Post 3624646)
I know Lethbridges store is an earner. They're shuttin down the wrong store.

They are not picking and choosing stores to close they are closing them all.

wildbill 10-01-2017 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millsboy79 (Post 3626066)
They are not picking and choosing stores to close they are closing them all.

Yes, I am well aware of that, I meant they should be shuttin down the UFAs because they are a way bigger abortion than WSS ever was any time I've ever gone into to UFA it's been deserted and devoid of life.

Mr Flyguy 10-01-2017 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildbill (Post 3633678)
Yes, I am well aware of that, I meant they should be shuttin down the UFAs because they are a way bigger abortion than WSS ever was any time I've ever gone into to UFA it's been deserted and devoid of life.

Huh? The UFA store in the Fort always has what I am looking for and is a great place to by bird seed.

wildbill 10-01-2017 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Flyguy (Post 3633777)
Huh? The UFA store in the Fort always has what I am looking for and is a great place to by bird seed.

How many other customers were in the store? And no the cashiers don't count! I'd bet my house I could count them on one hand.

Mr Flyguy 10-02-2017 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildbill (Post 3634151)
How many other customers were in the store? And no the cashiers don't count! I'd bet my house I could count them on one hand.

Well yes, about as many as I used to see in the fly fishing section of the WSS in Edmonton South Common, namely me and maybe somebody else, and almost never a sales person!

wildbill 10-10-2017 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Flyguy (Post 3634311)
Well yes, about as many as I used to see in the fly fishing section of the WSS in Edmonton South Common, namely me and maybe somebody else, and almost never a sales person!

I know I sure wouldn't buy gas at ufa down here in pincher creek, probably 10 years old, cant recall ever seein anyone at the pumps here, must say truckers sure like usin the parking lot to sleep in though:)

tallieho 10-24-2017 01:55 PM

Togens Fly Shop 50% OFF Everything in there online store.SALE ENDS 10 31 17 FREE SHIPPING in Canada for $50.00 very good products fast service,read there testmonials:sHa_shakeshout:

Taco 10-24-2017 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallieho (Post 3651212)
Togens Fly Shop 50% OFF Everything in there online store.SALE ENDS 10 31 17 FREE SHIPPING in Canada for $50.00 very good products fast service,read there testmonials:sHa_shakeshout:

Whoa thanks! I need hooks

pinelakeperch 10-24-2017 09:06 PM

I work a few shifts per month in the fishing dept. at the Lethbridge WSS. Talked to a guy a few weeks ago who said he was very seriously thinking about opening a fly shop in Lethbridge.

Bjay 11-12-2017 11:54 PM

Beads

Canadian Llama has about the nicest beads you can get. Pretty good prices also and Togens hooks for sure at any time. Both Canadian stores.
Bjay