Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Archery Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Archery Challenge event? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=354213)

HIGHLANDER HUNTING 11-07-2018 10:56 AM

Archery Challenge event?

Guys, we're doing a "death hike" event next summer and are thinking about adding a 3D portion to it. This would be to emulate mountain/foothills shooting conditions.

Any thoughts? Any interest?

Just want to put it out there......

email us at highlanderhuntingpodcast@gmail.com

DougH11 11-07-2018 04:04 PM

Keep me posted and I would probably join

HIGHLANDER HUNTING 11-07-2018 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougH11 (Post 3867882)
Keep me posted and I would probably join

Will Do.

The death hike is for sure, but I'd like to add something more to it too. 3D, and carrying some poundage would be cool. Great way to try out gear and show off!
haha.

Timberdoodle 11-07-2018 11:47 PM

sounds interesting

nd4spd 11-09-2018 07:19 AM

I know a couple guys that might be interested in doing this.

caddisfly7 11-09-2018 08:57 AM

1. Would the archery challenge be directly related to the death hike?
2. Would the archery portion be similar to the Total Archery Challenge in the US?

I would be very interested in attending an event similar to the Total Archery Challenge in the mountains/foothills. Would be an awesome weekend to get together with a few friends during the summer and go shoot a couple courses. I have shot a couple 3D courses with friends and its a blast, a full weekend of it in the mountains would be really fun.

However I am not interested in the death hike or doing a combination of the two...

HIGHLANDER HUNTING 11-17-2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caddisfly7 (Post 3868825)
1. Would the archery challenge be directly related to the death hike?
2. Would the archery portion be similar to the Total Archery Challenge in the US?

I would be very interested in attending an event similar to the Total Archery Challenge in the mountains/foothills. Would be an awesome weekend to get together with a few friends during the summer and go shoot a couple courses. I have shot a couple 3D courses with friends and its a blast, a full weekend of it in the mountains would be really fun.

However I am not interested in the death hike or doing a combination of the two...

The short answer, I don't know yet. I might keep them separate. I ask that you email us, that makes it easier to keep everyone informed.

highlanderhuntingpodcast@gmail.com

Happy hunting.
John

HIGHLANDER HUNTING 11-17-2018 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nd4spd (Post 3868776)
I know a couple guys that might be interested in doing this.

send us an email to get added to the comms list.

cheers,
John

HIGHLANDER HUNTING 11-17-2018 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timberdoodle (Post 3868173)
sounds interesting

email us! That makes it easier to keep everyone informed at this point.

Cheers.
John

Chris89lx 11-18-2018 11:17 PM

Email sent.

Any thoughts on area or dates yet?

Sheepnu2985 11-29-2018 03:49 PM

I will be there!

Jayhad 11-29-2018 04:13 PM

I'll be in if it is like Total Archery Challenge in the US, my concern is your "death hike". To me a death hike doesn't translate to hunting, who in their right mind hikes so much that they can't hike the next day or get an animal off of the mountains

Chris89lx 01-14-2019 07:44 PM

It’s a new year. Any new info?

mattthegorby 01-14-2019 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris89lx (Post 3911681)
It’s a new year. Any new info?

I was wondering how the plans were going for this as well... just got a bow, so I would be in to hiking with it and shooting arrows at things.

338Bluff 01-14-2019 11:14 PM

Somebody should bring back the snowshoe shoot. Red Deer used to do it. Might have to use bag targets. Cold weather makes for tough pulling out of ethafoam.

nicodeemus1 01-15-2019 08:54 AM

I'd be in, plus a few of my hunting buddies, if it was like the Total Archery Challenge. Not into the "Death Hike" though.

Grump 02-04-2019 02:32 PM

I would also be game

MathewsArcher 02-04-2019 02:53 PM

https://www.huntweiser.com/training/

Fitness and archery combined. Have seen the winter class at Jimbows in Calgary. I would need an ambulance on standby.

Looks like the summer challenge would be similar to what you are proposing.

HIGHLANDER HUNTING 02-10-2019 11:23 AM

Guys, I hate to have to say this but we won't be putting on this event this summer.
The biggest contributing factor to us coming to this decision was time. With work and family it was becoming evident it would take up too much of our families time.

We decided to stick with the original plan of an EXO style death hike. Just a physical and mental butt kicker of an overnight mountain trip. We're calling it the Highland Challenge. The goal is to get people out who want to push themselves, test out their overnight gear, and meet like minded people.

Maybe in 2020 we'll have the bandwidth to put on the 3D component....the door is still open for next year.

Cheers.
John, HH Podcast