Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   08/09 NHL Thread. (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=20188)

dss44 03-26-2009 07:11 PM

Uh oh....bye bye division crown!!! :D

~Octane~ 03-26-2009 07:15 PM

LOL@THE SHAMES! Down 5-0 so far. Thought I could count on the flames making it easier for the Oilers but I guess not:rolleyes: I think i'd rather play the canucks the first round anyways, they show a lot more heart lol. I sure wish the Oil had Kippruchoke and MacilDingy rather than Roli and JDD:lol::lol::lol::lol:

BrownBear416 03-26-2009 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulecrazy (Post 292712)
pronger, weight, torres, joseph, gretz, messier, guerin, conklin has been better, just to name a few.

Smith,Cole, etc etc

I cant even believe this game.....:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

BrownBear416 03-26-2009 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Octane~ (Post 292723)
LOL@THE SHAMES! Down 5-0 so far. Thought I could count on the flames making it easier for the Oilers but I guess not:rolleyes: I think i'd rather play the canucks the first round anyways, they show a lot more heart lol. I sure wish the Oil had Kippruchoke and MacilDingy rather than Roli and JDD:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You wont be laughing so much when Phoenix beats your Coilers tonight:rolleye2:

~Octane~ 03-26-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrownBear416 (Post 292727)
You wont be laughing so much when Phoenix beats your Coilers tonight:rolleye2:

lol good luck with that:lol: 3-0 season series so far, plus 7 in a row against em. GO OIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kanonfodder 03-26-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulecrazy (Post 292712)
pronger, weight, torres, joseph, gretz, messier, guerin, conklin has been better, just to name a few.

Pronger had a good season hes been less than Stellar this year
Weight never matched the numbers he had here
torres has 11 goals this year...not lighting it p
Joseph played some of his greatest goaltending while an OIler
Gretz never won a cup after he left and his major point seasons were here
Messier won a cup in the Ranger uni, sucked as a Nuk he was still our greatest captain.

Weak try mule lemme try
Hmm Gilmour, Hull, Vernon, Nuindyke :D

mulecrazy 03-26-2009 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanonfodder (Post 292747)
Pronger had a good season hes been less than Stellar this year
Weight never matched the numbers he had here
torres has 11 goals this year...not lighting it p
Joseph played some of his greatest goaltending while an OIler
Gretz never won a cup after he left and his major point seasons were here
Messier won a cup in the Ranger uni, sucked as a Nuk he was still our greatest captain.

Weak try mule lemme try
Hmm Gilmour, Hull, Vernon, Nuindyke :D

Haha. Whatever floats your boat there kannon. blind faith is hilarious.

Kanonfodder 03-26-2009 07:48 PM

no faith just facts Mule......don't let the truth ruin your arguement though

BrownBear416 03-26-2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Octane~ (Post 292739)
lol good luck with that:lol: 3-0 season series so far, plus 7 in a row against em. GO OIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

They don't have anything to lose now..Lombardi and Upshall going to light up your Senior Citizen goaltender........

I wonder if Hemsky will score???? Probably not..he is still needing a hug and someone to tell him its all going to be alright :)

Kanonfodder 03-26-2009 08:03 PM

I gave him a hug hes gonna score tonite.....

~Octane~ 03-26-2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanonfodder (Post 292765)
no faith just facts Mule......don't let the truth ruin your arguement though

Yep facts....cant believe Mule thought those players were better out of Edmonton :lol::lol::lol:

As for our 'senior citizen' goalie...he has owned your 'elite' :lol: goalie completely this year. Go Roli!!! Just keep settin them NHL records:D:D:D

BrownBear416 03-26-2009 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Octane~ (Post 292786)
Yep facts....cant believe Mule thought those players were better out of Edmonton :lol::lol::lol:

As for our 'senior citizen' goalie...he has owned your 'elite' :lol: goalie completely this year. Go Roli!!! Just keep settin them NHL records:D:D:D

LMAO seriously do you believe everything you post bud :confused::confused:

OWNED??????

Hey lOOK lombardi awooooo awooooo awooooo

~Octane~ 03-26-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrownBear416 (Post 292793)
LMAO seriously do you believe everything you post bud :confused::confused:

OWNED??????

Hey lOOK lombardi awooooo awooooo awooooo

Yup, nice quick shot! Just another ex-flame thats better than he was in Calgary:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And Yes I do! All you gotta do is look at the numbers! Sorry your still upset about the blow-out, its gonna be ok dude (until you get swept in the first round). I believe what you meant was awaaaa awaaaa awaaaa LOL!

BrownBear416 03-26-2009 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Octane~ (Post 292798)
Yup, nice quick shot! Just another ex-flame thats better than he was in Calgary:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And Yes I do! All you gotta do is look at the numbers! Sorry your still upset about the blow-out, its gonna be ok dude (until you get swept in the first round). I believe what you meant was awaaaa awaaaa awaaaa LOL!

By numbers do you mean wins and current place in the standings???? :huh: Thats what I thought :evilgrin:

First round will be one more then the Coilers..good luck rebuilding for the next 5 years ..awooooooo awooooooo :)

~Octane~ 03-26-2009 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrownBear416 (Post 292806)
By numbers do you mean wins and current place in the standings???? :huh: Thats what I thought :evilgrin:

First round will be one more then the Coilers..good luck rebuilding for the next 5 years ..awooooooo awooooooo :)

Lol. I feel bad for you, I wish you understood what rebuilding was all about. Its not just 'oiler fans' that claim that, its hockey analysts, fans, team, tv announcers, infact I believe its just flames fans that think thats some kind of joke lol. Funny how that happens.

And no...you know what I mean by numbers. Its definatley not wins. Kipper got his wins handed to him by the team when they were hot. :tongue2:

mulecrazy 03-26-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Octane~ (Post 292786)

actually if you look at it the question was players that have "lit it up" and yes that does mean a lot of things. It doesn't mean there mest season. Players can still light it up. and other than torres who I feel is better this year. EVERY one of those players still had a lot to give after leaving the oilers. Lets look at Kannons list. Dougy had probably his most consistent play with the flames. He had 2 good seasons with the leafs before bouncing around the league. Vernon, had most of his best win total seasons with the flames. nieuwendyk had his best seasons in calgary and never found his stride like he had anywhere else. We barely had hull, and yes his best was after. So if you read this and do some research on both sets of names you will find that even though they may have had there best seasons with either the flames or oilers, they still had a lot to give afterwards. Why is this even an arguement?

mulecrazy 03-26-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Octane~ (Post 292814)
Lol. I feel bad for you, I wish you understood what rebuilding was all about. Its not just 'oiler fans' that claim that, its hockey analysts, fans, team, tv announcers, infact I believe its just flames fans that think thats some kind of joke lol. Funny how that happens.

And no...you know what I mean by numbers. Its definatley not wins. Kipper got his wins handed to him by the team when they were hot. :tongue2:

Do you actually watch sports centre or any hocky analyst shows??? They vaguely used the term "rebuilding" the year after they went to the finals. Most analysts have said they should be fighting for a spot and they have been underacheiving every year. Why else would your fans feel they should win every night and boo them when they dont? A rebuild is what the leafs are doing. The oilers have used patchwork to fill the gaps and everything has failed. I really wish you knew what rebuilding was all about.

~Octane~ 03-26-2009 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulecrazy (Post 292819)
actually if you look at it the question was players that have "lit it up" and yes that does mean a lot of things. It doesn't mean there mest season. Players can still light it up. and other than torres who I feel is better this year. EVERY one of those players still had a lot to give after leaving the oilers. Lets look at Kannons list. Dougy had probably his most consistent play with the flames. He had 2 good seasons with the leafs before bouncing around the league. Vernon, had most of his best win total seasons with the flames. nieuwendyk had his best seasons in calgary and never found his stride like he had anywhere else. We barely had hull, and yes his best was after. So if you read this and do some research on both sets of names you will find that even though they may have had there best seasons with either the flames or oilers, they still had a lot to give afterwards. Why is this even an arguement?

K either i'm not at all understanding, or your arguement is flawed. So why did you list players that you claim 'lit it up' after they left Edmonton? Whats the point? Do you expect everyone who leaves Edmonton to not light it up or something? Of course some players are going to be better than they were here, be worse, or have good streaks. Same with the flames. Really dont see your point or how it relates to anything. And if your talking about the nieuwendyk that was in Dallas wasn't he really good there? So if i'm not understanding, please explain.

BrownBear416 03-26-2009 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Octane~ (Post 292825)
K either i'm not at all understanding, or your arguement is flawed. So why did you list players that you claim 'lit it up' after they left Edmonton? Whats the point? Do you expect everyone who leaves Edmonton to not light it up or something? Of course some players are going to be better than they were here, be worse, or have good streaks. Same with the flames. Really dont see your point or how it relates to anything. And if your talking about the nieuwendyk that was in Dallas wasn't he really good there? So if i'm not understanding, please explain.

Read back in the POSTS it is all Kannons fault :):)

mulecrazy 03-26-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Octane~ (Post 292825)

due to the fact that you were agreeing with kannon who was disagreeing with my pics of oilers players who still had good seasons after leaving the oilers. Nieuwendyk was best in calgary but was ok in dallas.

Jamie 03-26-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dss44 (Post 292719)
Uh oh....bye bye division crown!!! :D

UH OH.. Spoke to soon:D:D

Jamie

Kanonfodder 03-26-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrownBear416 (Post 292830)
Read back in the POSTS it is all Kannons fault :):)

You're just whiny cuz I chose a booty call over stayn in Slave and buyn you Timmies......:tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:

hunt_and_fish 03-26-2009 09:00 PM

Canucks got badly outplayed tonight by the Blues. St.Louis deserves credit, they've been playing really good hockey down the stretch...but the Canucks didn't do themselves any favors tonight.

Oh well....at least they didn't get shut out:D

BrownBear416 03-26-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulecrazy (Post 292819)

Hey Mule you know what isnt a arguement??? Nashville's win tonight :) Also STL beating the nucks :) Come on Phx put a nail in the oil coffin :)

Jamie 03-26-2009 09:01 PM

Wow.. If ed loses tonight, they will be tied with St louis for 8th.. Not good boys...

THANK YOU ST LOUIS.

Jamie

FisherPotch 03-26-2009 09:02 PM

I seem to recall a not so vauge memory of some certain underdog flames upseting a certain team of knucks in van in game 7 in 04? Correct me if I'm wrong. Well c who is still around after the first round, if mem serves me correct the flames have seen allot more of the playoffs and the second round in recent years (IE since they got Darryl at the wheel) than any other team in the division, probably more than any team in Canada. Any one with statistics to say different? I don't follow as closely as most of u I'm sure.

BrownBear416 03-26-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 292841)
Wow.. If ed loses tonight, they will be tied with St louis for 8th.. Not good boys...

THANK YOU ST LOUIS.

Jamie

9th my friend....:)

mulecrazy 03-26-2009 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrownBear416 (Post 292840)
Hey Mule you know what isnt a arguement??? Nashville's win tonight :) Also STL beating the nucks :) Come on Phx put a nail in the oil coffin :)

2-0 phx. Could this be a "debacle of monumental proportions":lol::lol: I'm off to bed. dreams of hemsky hurt will be running through my mind.

BrownBear416 03-26-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulecrazy (Post 292854)
2-0 phx. Could this be a "debacle of monumental proportions":lol::lol: I'm off to bed. dreams of hemsky hurt will be running through my mind.

3 zip..sleep soundly..awoooooo awoooooo awooooo

hunt_and_fish 03-26-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Octane~ (Post 292739)

Well the season series may have been 3-0 for the Oil but the game is 3-0 for Phoenix right now.

Looks like it's going to be a rough night for all 3 of the western Canadian teams.