Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sheriff's attacking farm boy, Didsbury AB (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=385980)

W921 08-11-2020 06:43 PM

Sheriff's attacking farm boy, Didsbury AB

Did you hear about it? I dont know how to provide a link but he was going from one field to the next and they pulled him out of his tractor, punched him,etc. 18 year old home schooled farm kid that never took a drink in his life.
Its on video and below the video is his story.
Farming Bros.

JB_AOL 08-11-2020 06:49 PM

Yep.. that's what happens when you drive around a checkstop..

Move along..

Tronneroi 08-11-2020 06:51 PM

link

MountainTi 08-11-2020 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB_AOL (Post 4216882)
Yep.. that's what happens when you drive around a checkstop..

Move along..

He cut thru the ditch into the field they were haying.
Move along?
They also buggered the transmission in the Fendt when they decided it should be towed. It was suggested by 2 of the young farm boys it shouldn’t be done. I take take it you don’t know much about the farming? Lol

But yep, move along

Twisted Canuck 08-11-2020 06:58 PM

Oh brother....what happened to common sense? On both sides of that incident?

CBintheNorth 08-11-2020 07:07 PM

Too bad that guy didn't have any of that white privilege that everyone keeps talking about.
Where did the province find these idiots?
I can't believe they let them out of the city, to be honest.

JB_AOL 08-11-2020 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountainTi (Post 4216889)
He cut thru the ditch into the field they were haying.
Move along?
They also buggered the transmission in the Fendt when they decided it should be towed. It was suggested by 2 of the young farm boys it shouldn’t be done. I take take it you don’t know much about the farming? Lol

But yep, move along

They drove around the lineup for the checkstop into the field then refused to get out of the tractor when asked by the Leo's.

Yep.. great homeschooling..

Good ole farmboy..🙄

But I guess this is the "new" society we live in.. disrespect someone doing their job, if u don't like it, send a video of.half the incident to the media..

Farmboy lives matter..

Savage Bacon 08-11-2020 07:12 PM

Next time i come up to a check stop in my Silverado, I'll put her in 4x4 and just drive around it through the ditch and see what happens. Probably the same thing. Poor kid but jeez he should know better than that.

hal53 08-11-2020 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Bacon (Post 4216901)
Next time i come up to a check stop in my Silverado, I'll put her in 4x4 and just drive around it through the ditch and see what happens. Probably the same thing. Poor kid but jeez he should know better than that.

Read the traffic act......

HunterDave 08-11-2020 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB_AOL (Post 4216897)
They drove around the lineup for the checkstop into the field then refused to get out of the tractor when asked by the Leo's.

Where are you getting your info from? The article states differently.

“Clinton says his brother was getting impatient with a line of vehicles and drove into the ditch to enter his next field of work when sheriffs surrounded him, demanding he take a breathalyzer.”

JB_AOL 08-11-2020 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterDave (Post 4216907)
Where are you getting your info from? The article states differently.

“Clinton says his brother was getting impatient with a line of vehicles and drove into the ditch to enter his next field of work when sheriffs surrounded him, demanding he take a breathalyzer.”

No.. it doesn't. What do you think the line up of vehicles was for?

Savage Bacon 08-11-2020 07:22 PM

Does it state tractors are allowed to drive off the road from a check stop lineup, through the ditch? I'll have to start taking the tractor to the bar.

What he should have done in this situation is stay in line so you don't look so suspicious, or drive up to the sheriffs and get out and tell them you're going to work in said field.

Savage Bacon 08-11-2020 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hal53 (Post 4216903)
Read the traffic act......

Replied to this. ^^^^

HunterDave 08-11-2020 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB_AOL (Post 4216910)
No.. it doesn't. What do you think the line up of vehicles was for?

Where did you read that he drove around the line up of vehicles for the checkstop like you stated?

JB_AOL 08-11-2020 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage Bacon (Post 4216911)
Does it state tractors are allowed to drive off the road from a check stop lineup, through the ditch? I'll have to start taking the tractor to the bar.

What he should have done in this situation is stay in line so you don't look so suspicious, or drive up to the sheriffs and get out and tell them you're going to work in said field.

Yep.

And the ******* kid even had an opportunity to "right" his wrong, but decided he was going to ignore the Leo's orders again, by not getting out of the tractor.

Ken07AOVette 08-11-2020 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB_AOL (Post 4216916)
Yep.

And the ******* kid even had an opportunity to "right" his wrong, but decided he was going to ignore the Leo's orders again, by not getting out of the tractor.

dude you are messing up the biweekly cop bashing thread.

Famer's can do no wrong, cops can do no right.

sjemac 08-11-2020 07:35 PM

I live in Sundre. I read the headline and correctly guessed the last name before I read the article.

JB_AOL 08-11-2020 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterDave (Post 4216915)
Where did you read that he drove around the line up of vehicles for the checkstop like you stated?

Read the whole article..

"The sheriff's were performing checkstops in the area".

Do you really think the Sheriffs were 5 roads over and somehow saw the tractor driving in the ditch and said "let's get him".

No. The lineup of cars was for the checkstop.

elkhunter11 08-11-2020 07:38 PM

Some people can block highways and rail lines , and even try to set trains on fire, and not be arrested, but heaven forbid you drive through a ditch into your own field to work it, rather than wait in line to enter the field at the approach.

JB_AOL 08-11-2020 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette (Post 4216919)
dude you are messing up the biweekly cop bashing thread.

Famer's can do no wrong, cops can do no right.

Crap.. I thought we already had 3 of those threads this week..

Sorry my bad.:)

Osky 08-11-2020 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elkhunter11 (Post 4216925)
Some people can block highways and rail lines , and even try to set trains on fire, and not be arrested, but heaven forbid you drive through a ditch into your own field to work it, rather than wait in line to enter the field at the approach.

I have to agree with this.
When young I did farm work etc. Were I in a stalled line of vehicles adjacent to the field I was supposed to be working I absolutely would have turned into the field. Why does that not make sense?

Osky

KC1 08-11-2020 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elkhunter11 (Post 4216925)

X2
Read the FB post
And then donate to the Go Fund me Page.

riden 08-11-2020 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjemac (Post 4216922)
I live in Sundre. I read the headline and correctly guessed the last name before I read the article.

That’s funny stuff there!!!

W921 08-11-2020 07:58 PM

Do any of you think that kid was ever a threat to anyone?
Do any of you think the Sheriff's had no other choices?
Do you really think of this boy and rural crime?
I want to be onside with law enforcement but they make it hard sometimes. This is right up there with that little girl in the star wars outfit.

elkhunter11 08-11-2020 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osky (Post 4216932)
I have to agree with this.
When young I did farm work etc. Were I in a stalled line of vehicles adjacent to the field I was supposed to be working I absolutely would have turned into the field. Why does that not make sense?

Osky

I would look at it very differently, if he pulled into the field, went around the check stop, and then drove back onto the highway to continue on, but he was already at the field that he was going to work.

HunterDave 08-11-2020 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC1 (Post 4216933)
X2
Read the FB post
And then donate to the Go Fund me Page.

What Facebook post?

Osky 08-11-2020 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elkhunter11 (Post 4216939)
I would look at it very differently, if he pulled into the field, went around the check stop, and then drove back onto the highway to continue on, but he was already at the field that he was going to work.

Agreed. I did not watch the video but had I pulled into my work field and been accosted I would have cooperated and totally expected the constables to understand what I did and why.

Osky

Grizzly Adams 08-11-2020 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjemac (Post 4216922)

I refer to them as the Sundre chapter of Free Men on the land. :D Friend of mine, who just happens to be the Reeve, now has gates on his property, after about a dozen Leussinks mobbed him over displeasure that the county outlawed signs along the highway. They stood to lose 6000. in fees. Assault charges were contemplated. Attended the annual meeting of our local gas coop to see a twentiesh age woman at the buffet line , wearing a hunting knife with about an 8 ' blade over her dress. I said, you must be a Leussink ? Oh, how did you know ? :lol: This is their handiwork as well, in Sundre town limits, so apparently allowed.

https://i.imgur.com/L8WARxt.jpg

Not much sympathy from a lot of folks, the family reminds me of the Pilgrim clan that came to a bad end in Alaska about 20 years ago, when it came out Papa was a little to close with his daughters. They're on Facebook soliciting donations for the kid's defense. One comment was, they'll probably just use it to buy a truck. :D

Talking moose 08-11-2020 08:20 PM

If it is your own field and your going to work it, I’d drive into as well rather than be in a line up to get to my own field that I’m already at!!!

W921 08-11-2020 08:21 PM

In rural Alberta everybody knows everybody. So they make you take that breathalyzer in front of everyone even though they know your sober. Everybody is going to be gossiping about you! There will be a gazillion stories told about you and the damage is done.
How would you like to be put on it in front of your home or workplace where everybody knows you?
Grizzly Adams could this be payback because of the sign issue?