Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   bad hunting partner storys (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=78093)

u_cant_rope_the_wind 12-26-2010 01:32 PM

bad hunting partner storys

I,m sure alot of us have out of the kindness of our hearts invited new hunting partners into our circle of hunting partners only to have them turn our hunting trip into a nightmare,
here is my stoy lets here yours

had a friend that was an awsome partner, was a registered chessapeak bay retriever,
had another freind was a fair partner, good to have around , so we invited another guy and his freind to come out to our hunting camp,
one rule we had, was NO booze in our camp, no booze, no arguements:argue2:. less getting stuck , , no firearm misshaps, on and on ,
no chance in being catagorised as drunken slob hunters,
what did they bring instead of food , 8 or 9 cases of beer, and 3 or 4, 40, ouncers, so my friend and i snuck back to camp and set up all their beer and proceeded to emty them via 22 taget:fighting0007:, when they showed up we had their 40 ounceers set up and they thought it would be fun to shoot these bottles , when they asked where it came from :sEm_oops2:we told it was theirs, well then they was mad :mad2:and were going to leave:scared0018:, but smart donkey :evilgrin:us we had their truck key and wouldnt give them to them till they cleaned up all the broken glass, twas more then $500 in booze we destroyed, and we still sleep at night wth a clear mind,:sleep-043:

needless to say we have never heard from them drunks:sHa_shakeshout: again:sHa_shakeshout:

johnjohn 12-26-2010 02:25 PM

Wow! You couldn't have just taken off the caps and dumped the booze out?!

BlackHeart 12-26-2010 02:49 PM

U-Cant rope the wind......not sure how well thought out that event was?
You did have the right to "no booze", but to destroy their stuff and hold their truck keys ransom........they must have been very small guys with no guns as apposed to some very large guys with lots of guns......as for a normal reaction there would have been blood or teeth on the ground.

You were taking your chances that something or someone didnt blow up big time.

And why SNEAK back.....just tell them to bugger off with their booze straight up....end of issue.

I am sure your expecting to get some flack about your post........even though the subject of bad hunting partners has been experienced by most.

CNP 12-26-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by u_cant_rope_the_wind (Post 776394)
twas more then $500 in booze we destroyed, and we still sleep at night wth a clear mind,:sleep-043:

needless to say we have never heard from them drunks:sHa_shakeshout: again:sHa_shakeshout:

What were you smokin? Bad hunting partner story for sure..............not sure if any good partners were at the hunt camp lol

mike780 12-26-2010 03:12 PM

+1, i guess thats what people are coming to theses days, they arent smart enough to talk things out "Lets just shoot it!". idiot.

airbornedeerhunter 12-26-2010 03:30 PM

My first question is did you make it clear to them prior to their arrival at camp that you guys were'nt there to drink but rather to hunt? Were they aware of your camp policy when they were invited? If not then you were definately in the wrong here. I can tell you that If you had done that to me, willful destruction of my property, then you would have had a serious problem on your hands. Completely disgusting behaviour on your part. If you did'nt want booze in camp you could have politely asked them to keep it under wraps or enjoy it in moderation. You had no right to destroy their booze. Even if you did tell them prior there was definately a better way to go about it than the path you chose. I would have taken my $500 out on your hide, or your truck. I would have given you the choice.

ishootbambi 12-26-2010 03:35 PM

good story. :rolleye2: you prove your point quite well that you are a bad hunting partner for sure. :mad0030:

Redfrog 12-26-2010 03:36 PM

Well I hope we get this one done in the next few days and start the new year right.

wwbirds 12-26-2010 04:17 PM

story and thread is too immature to deserve a comment

Like Redfrog implies it should just go away

NBFK 12-26-2010 04:18 PM

wow

You must hunt with midgets or be one big boy. That being said if someone did that to me I would recommend them wearing a coat because it would be cold when they woke up. Just because you pack booze dosnt mean your going to drink it all. If you didn't like then you should of moved your camp. Then I'm sure they picked up all the broken glass.

deanmc 12-26-2010 04:23 PM

Lol. I was born in the day but it wasnt yesterday.:rolleye2:

Jimboy 12-26-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by u_cant_rope_the_wind (Post 776394)
I,m sure alot of us have out of the kindness of our hearts invited new hunting partners into our circle of hunting partners only to have them turn our hunting trip into a nightmare,
here is my stoy lets here yours

had a friend that was an awsome partner, was a registered chessapeak bay retriever,
had another freind was a fair partner, good to have around , so we invited another guy and his freind to come out to our hunting camp,
one rule we had, was NO booze in our camp, no booze, no arguements:argue2:. less getting stuck , , no firearm misshaps, on and on ,
no chance in being catagorised as drunken slob hunters,
what did they bring instead of food , 8 or 9 cases of beer, and 3 or 4, 40, ouncers, so my friend and i snuck back to camp and set up all their beer and proceeded to emty them via 22 taget:fighting0007:, when they showed up we had their 40 ounceers set up and they thought it would be fun to shoot these bottles , when they asked where it came from :sEm_oops2:we told it was theirs, well then they was mad :mad2:and were going to leave:scared0018:, but smart donkey :evilgrin:us we had their truck key and wouldnt give them to them till they cleaned up all the broken glass, twas more then $500 in booze we destroyed, and we still sleep at night wth a clear mind,:sleep-043:

Seems to me you were the bad guys here , and if you did that to me you would be covered in bruises , just because a man has a drink dont make him a villain , you were wrong , and of course you wont here from them again , because you were the donkey , not them.

jaylow? 12-26-2010 05:46 PM

if that was my property you shot up you'd be riding home on rims. most likely to a dentist first.

should have split up the groups at the start , you knew what you were getting into when you seen all the booze. your a lucky guy.

elkhunter11 12-26-2010 06:00 PM

As soon as I saw their booze,they would have been told to leave camp,and not come back,but I wouldn't resort to shooting all of the cans and bottles.By doing what you did,you became the people that you didn't want in your camp.

hunterwoman66 12-26-2010 06:45 PM

Lmao

Too funny!!!! I hate alcohol never drink, think it should be banned in the world but anyways i would have told them to leave not to come back and if they didnt well i would have packed up and moved when they werent around including leaving the friend who invited them along. You did way they were told no booze. But must have been very funny to see their faces when they realized it was their booze lmao.

airbornedeerhunter 12-26-2010 06:55 PM

66 if you think thats funny, you're just as bad as the original poster!!

hunter tyson 12-26-2010 07:01 PM

i strongly belive that booze and guns don't mix, but the way you handled it was inmature for sure! can't belive you would put this on here and expect anyone to take your side on this one?????:sign0161:

drake 12-26-2010 07:09 PM

one of the most impressive failed threads of the year....well done buddy!

7 REM MAG 12-26-2010 07:25 PM

when we drink in hunting camp one person is always sober and all the guns are locked in his truck and he has his keys that way nothing ever happens that shouldnt, if you did that anything of mine be it booze or something you would not be leaveing the campsite until you had cleaned up the $500 worth of windows that i decided you didnt need in your truck

elkhunter11 12-26-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

when we drink in hunting camp one person is always sober and all the guns are locked in his truck and he has his keys that way nothing ever happens that shouldnt
We find it easier to simply stay sober in camp.After the guns are put away,we normally have a drink with dinner,but we limit ourselves to one or two drinks at most.

buckbrushoutdoors 12-26-2010 08:00 PM

yep i probabaly would have made u pi$$ blood, then make clean the glass up with your lips real mature dude!! I would have taken 500$ worth of tires and rims home with me.

Jimboy 12-26-2010 09:10 PM

lf the story is even true which l douht , the police should have been called in and arrested YOU for distroying 500 bucks worth of property that wasnt yours , and also for breaking glass into the enviroment , first off theft , second charge littering , and no judge in the world is gonna let YOU off on them charges , you would have had to pay back the 500 bucks , plus another 500 dollar fine on top of that or more , consider yourself lucky , and if the other party is reading this , its not to late to charge this moron.

JJ-65 12-26-2010 09:27 PM

770 posts. And then a huge brain- fart. You would still be it surgery...

BrownBear416 12-26-2010 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drake (Post 776673)
one of the most impressive failed threads of the year....well done buddy!

yep

Thread Closed...