Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Fishing lodges in Sask drive to recommendation? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=244136)

cujo1969 01-29-2015 09:30 AM

Fishing lodges in Sask drive to recommendation?

Looking for a place to take 4-8 people for 5-6 days fishing in northern Saskatchewan. We have been going to forrest lake and pinehouse but looking for somewhere different to go.

goose 01-29-2015 09:34 AM

Thompson camps at missinippi on Otter lake. You can catch walleye right off the dock!:sHa_shakeshout:
Goose

saskpikeman 01-29-2015 09:46 AM

How was the fishing at Forrest Lake? Did U fish beet lake?? I have heard good things about Costigan Lake If you are intersted in Lakers.

topgun 01-29-2015 10:51 AM

Dore or Smoothstone look like nice places. Never been but im gonna.

walleyenwhitetails 01-29-2015 11:31 AM

Jan Lake Lodge is awesome in June, but it is quite the drive from alberta.... it is only half-hour from the manitoba border, near Flin Flon

mooseknuckle 01-29-2015 11:51 AM

Vermilion lake outfitters. 6 hour drive from edmonton and then a 1 hr float plane North. Accomodates 6 at a time. You'll have your choice of like 4-5 lakes to fish. And not another soul for 100's of miles. True paradise. I believe it's approx $1700 per guy for a week.

EZM 01-29-2015 01:09 PM

For what's it's worth .... we do a trip every year (sometimes twice) to Meadow Lakes Provincial Parks. We have stayed at Pierce Lake Lodge, Tawa Cabins on Waterhen, and at the Resort on Flotten lake. No real complaints about any of the places.

We typically go with 5-8 people and 3-4 boats. Boat rentals are available at all these lakes.

The really BIG Advantage is ..... you can fish one lake in the morning, and another every night you are there if you wanted to. The park has over 20 decent sized lakes and another dozen or so more smaller lakes to choose from all within 45-60 minutes of each other. If you pick a central location, you are 30 minutes from virtually any lake in the park.

Fishing sucks at this lake? no problem, go 20 minutes down the road and launch over at another lake.

Too rough on the big lake with white caps? No problem, go fish a small lake only a few km's down the road.

Bored of Pike? no worries .... head out and go to a trout or walleye lake.

The one thing I think all of us have experienced is going out to a lake, 8 hours drive, only to find it's too windy, the fishing is slow or the lodgings suck. Putting all your eggs in one basket can lead to disappointment.

My 2 cents. Worth considering.

cujo1969 01-29-2015 06:19 PM

beet and forrest

The fishing was good lots of lakers didn't get anything huge 6-7lbs. Fished beet, forrest, paterson and Naomi all connected.Like the place lots just looking try something different.
Quote:

Originally Posted by saskpikeman (Post 2715891)
How was the fishing at Forrest Lake? Did U fish beet lake?? I have heard good things about Costigan Lake If you are intersted in Lakers.

saskpikeman 01-29-2015 07:27 PM

How was the walleye fishing up there?? Another option would be hunters bay on lac la ronge several lodges to pick from good sized Lakers and walleye.

cujo1969 01-31-2015 09:23 PM

The walleye fishing was good its take some work thought got quite a few in Paterson but definetly need to know where to go.

Remi3006 01-31-2015 09:27 PM

Tobin is always an option, monster pike and walleye. Let me know if you go, I can set you up on some fish.

Xiph0id 01-31-2015 09:31 PM

I recommend Dore lake.

Not too far, great fishing and several lodges to choose from.

I went to Dore lake lodge and brought my own boat.

I will be going to Dore lake again.

Not sure if it'll be Dore lake lodge though as the cabins are getting old.
Service was great and price was fair though.

I'll have yet to take a good look into the other lodges.

Deep 02-01-2015 08:29 AM

EZM, I like your thinking- yes absolutely when fishing craps out at one lake having another close to choose is brilliant.

RACKER 02-01-2015 09:05 AM

A good place where I have gone twice is Mirond lake.It is a longer drive but it well worth it.I have stayed there at two different lodges and had great fishing.The lodges were Newmart and Silence of the north.One of the best things I found it is an easy lake to navigate and you don't see a lot of boats.I will try to dig some pics up to post later.Hope this helps.