Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   what strain are you guys going with tomorrow? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=353099)

fish_e_o 10-16-2018 02:32 PM

what strain are you guys going with tomorrow?

i'm thinking something that doesn't make me too hungry but is good for muscle pain and makes me focused not too sleepy.

online it looks like gods green crack.

Capt. awesome 10-16-2018 02:36 PM

Going to try and find something that will put me right to sleep. Insomnia has been a pain lately.

kevinhits 10-16-2018 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fish_e_o (Post 3856324)
i'm thinking something that doesn't make me too hungry but is good for muscle pain and makes me focused not too sleepy.

online it looks like gods green crack.

Does it start tomorrow?

fish_e_o 10-16-2018 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt. awesome (Post 3856326)
Going to try and find something that will put me right to sleep. Insomnia has been a pain lately.

i'm no expert but i've been reading and i say some sort of indica thing

https://www.marijuanabreak.com/wp-co...ca-723x800.jpg

fish_e_o 10-16-2018 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinhits (Post 3856327)
Does it start tomorrow?

9 hours until you can buy it here https://albertacannabis.org/ or in person somewhere

mooseknuckle 10-16-2018 02:53 PM

54 different strains and not one has done whats advertised. Help with pain yet allow me too drive and focus at work. For now perocet is still then only drug that meets my criteria.

kevinhits 10-16-2018 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fish_e_o (Post 3856329)
9 hours until you can buy it here https://albertacannabis.org/ or in person somewhere

LOL....Thought it was next week:)

I don't smoke it though...Just wondering...

fish_e_o 10-16-2018 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinhits (Post 3856334)
LOL....Thought it was next week:)

I don't smoke it though...Just wondering...

you don't have to smoke it i believe they have suppositories

jstubbs 10-16-2018 03:05 PM

While in Portland with a buddy who tokes up regularly, we smoked a lot of sativa. Gave me anxiety and paranoia. Smoked a bit of indica as well, relaxed me, fell asleep.

Realistically? Not going to do either. Might buy some joints as a joke for my parent’s anniversary as a joke.

HamSandwich 10-16-2018 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt. awesome (Post 3856326)

Get a high potency THC oil. No idea what brands will be available through the government but if you can find an oil called Zaius from Tweed it will do the trick.

Be warned though, it's very strong

artie 10-16-2018 03:09 PM

Interesting you started this thread. I was talking to my neighbor who knows much more about these plants than me and he claims that back in the sixties and seventies marijuana was more milder than it is now. Back then when you smoked a joint you became milder and had a good feeling. The stuff they are growing today is much more stronger and you do not get that mild feeling.
Maybe others know if the drug is stronger today than it was yesterday.

kevinhits 10-16-2018 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fish_e_o (Post 3856335)

EEEWWW....:bad_boys_20:

TrollGRG 10-16-2018 03:13 PM

If you can believe the "fake" news nowadays, the stuff today is about 15 times as potent as what we had during the 60s and 70s.

Map Maker 10-16-2018 03:16 PM

Jamaican rum for me.

Won’t be buying weed anytime soon.

Maybe if I ever have ailment where I can trade in prescription pills for.

This hype reminds me of y2k

Talking moose 10-16-2018 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by artie (Post 3856341)
Interesting you started this thread. I was talking to my neighbor who knows much more about these plants than me and he claims that back in the sixties and seventies marijuana was more milder than it is now. Back then when you smoked a joint you became milder and had a good feeling. The stuff they are growing today is much more stronger and you do not get that mild feeling.
Maybe others know if the drug is stronger today than it was yesterday.

It is stronger today. But it’s a simple fix. Smoke less. Have one puff instead of smoking a joint. It’s a big win, having it stronger, back then people were smoking a gram to get high, now it only takes a couple puffs.

Geraldsh 10-16-2018 03:52 PM

Back then a couple puffs would put me to sleep, I don’t dare try it now.

Jack Hardin 10-16-2018 04:05 PM

I'll pass on it, thanks.

Red Bullets 10-16-2018 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrollGRG (Post 3856344)
If you can believe the "fake" news nowadays, the stuff today is about 15 times as potent as what we had during the 60s and 70s.

Ahhh...back in the day...

The strains of today may be called more potent but some strains of pot in the early 70's were just as or more potent. Back then the exotic pots were coming from places like Thailand, Lebanon, Africa, Hawaii and other places. The african durban poison pot was stronger than today's durban poison strain. There was one strain only known as elephant pot that 6 people would just be able to finish one joint and then all laugh for 2 hours. The hashish was better back then by far too. Black afganistan, 00 blond morrocan or red lebanese hashes were wonderful. Red lebanese oil was distinct. Haven't seen these things in 35 years.

Tomorrow might be a bit nostalgic....

Too bad tomorrow's prices wouldn't be like back then. Used to pay 16 to 20 bucks an ounce back around 1970.

Talking moose 10-16-2018 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Bullets (Post 3856369)

The strains of today may be called more potent but some strains of pot in the early 70's were just as or more potent. Back then the exotic pots were coming from places like Thailand, Lebanon, Africa, Hawaii and other places. The african durban poison pot was stronger than today's durban poison strain. There was one strain only known as elephant pot that 6 people would just be able to finish one joint and then all laugh for 2 hours. The hashish was better back then by far too. Black afganistan, 00 blond morrocan or red lebanese hashes were wonderful. Red lebanese oil was distinct. Haven't seen these things in 35 years.

Tomorrow might be a bit nostalgic....

Too bad tomorrow's prices wouldn't be like back then. Used to pay 16 to 20 bucks an ounce back around 1970.

you smoke a lot of pot today so you know how it compares I take it.

Red Bullets 10-16-2018 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talking moose (Post 3856374)
you smoke a lot of pot today so you know how it compares I take it.

I can honestly say that I have tried almost every strain that is available today. I am by no means a chronic user but would sooner have a puff than a drink.

And honestly, thru the years I never did drink alcohol so pot was more for socializing and entertainment. I never got hungover or argued with myself like the alcohol drinkers. :burp: :budo:

And now I am free to enjoy it without fear of legal repercussions or connotations of the dark side.

Talking moose 10-16-2018 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Bullets (Post 3856378)
I can honestly say that I have tried almost every strain that is available today. I am by no means a chronic user but would sooner have a puff than a drink.

And honestly, thru the years I never did drink alcohol so pot was more for socializing and entertainment. I never got hungover or argued with myself like the alcohol drinkers.

And now I am free to enjoy it without fear of legal repercussions or connotations of the dark side.

Same but I like to partake in the booze as well. Never cared if the govt deemed it legal or not. Tomorrow is just Wednesday for me.

Red Bullets 10-16-2018 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talking moose (Post 3856379)
Same but I like to partake in the booze as well. Never cared if the govt deemed it legal or not. Tomorrow is just Wednesday for me.

The AO brotherhood will slowly appear on the forums. Should be more funny posts tomorrow night. All the smokers will come out of their closets. We'll know how all the LGBQ's felt like. :sHa_sarcasticlol: The liberation :sHa_shakeshout:

bat119 10-16-2018 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Bullets (Post 3856369)

There was one strain only known as elephant pot that 6 people would just be able to finish one joint and then all laugh for 2 hours. The hashish was better back then by far too. Black afganistan, 00 blond morrocan or red lebanese hashes were wonderful. Red lebanese oil was distinct. Haven't seen these things in 35 years.

Ah yes back in the day
Elephant grass rare but deadly, Thai stick tied on a stick, the Blond Lebanese hash came in kilo's a white canvas bag with a hole in the top for hanging while it dried it was called gold stamp hash because of the large cartouche of two crossed AK47's with Arabic writing stenciled on the hash. Twenty years later we found it meant support the revolution.:sign0161:
I didn't inhale!
It's been 30 years since I imbibed I think I'm to old to go back

Red Bullets 10-16-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bat119 (Post 3856385)
Ah yes back in the day
Elephant grass rare but deadly, Thai stick tied on a stick, the Blond Lebanese hash came in kilo's a white canvas bag with a hole in the top for hanging while it dried it was called gold stamp hash because of the large cartouche of two crossed AK47's with Arabic writing stenciled on the hash. Twenty years later we found it meant support the revolution.:sign0161:
I didn't inhale!
It's been 30 years since I imbibed I think I'm to old to go back

The way you say "Ah, Yes..." suggests to me that those 30 years could just go poof. Oh, I mean puff.

Sundog57 10-16-2018 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fish_e_o (Post 3856335)

Should be in the joke section but...

A group of cowboys is pushing a herd of cattle down the main street of a small town when they come upon a jazz band playing up a storm in the middle of the street. The musicians won't move and they're starting to spook the cows so the lead hand rides up and has a chat with the band leader. The band leader can't see much of a reason to let the herd through and interrupt what he and his boys are doing so the lead cow hand says "maybe we can cut a deal". "What chu got" says the band leader. So they go through a list, beer, no, whiskey, no, coke, no, pot, no. Finally the lead hand says, "listen man we got some marijuana suppositories" the band leader takes notice, not something he's ever heard of before, so he goes and talks about it with his boys and comes back and says "you got a deal"
So the band moves all their stuff out of the street and the cowboys push on through and pass on a little bag of goodies.
So... (sorry about this)
The moral of the story is - a herd in the band is worth boo in the tush.

bat119 10-16-2018 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Bullets (Post 3856389)
The way you say "Ah, Yes..." suggests to me that those 30 years could just go poof. Oh, I mean puff.

I think a spliff of blond hash with gold Columbian would be tempting like my buddy used to say "listen to it smell MMMM"

kevinhits 10-16-2018 05:05 PM

Just on the news, an individual is camping over night to be first in line at one of the Calgary locations:)

Red Bullets 10-16-2018 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bat119 (Post 3856394)
I think a spliff of blond hash with gold Columbian would be tempting like my buddy used to say "listen to it smell MMMM"

San Marino gold columbian is a fabled strain now. Gold tasted like sunshine and glee.

Red Bullets 10-16-2018 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinhits (Post 3856400)
Just on the news, an individual is camping over night to be first in line at one of the Calgary locations:)

I think there have been folks camping in Edmonton since yesterday. Too funny.

roughneckin 10-16-2018 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fish_e_o (Post 3856328)
i'm no expert but i've been reading and i say some sort of indica thing

https://www.marijuanabreak.com/wp-co...ca-723x800.jpg

Indica. Also known as “indacouch”