Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What to do for draws (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=346348)

blueice123 06-13-2018 09:05 AM

What to do for draws

Don’t know where I feel like going this fall for hunting . Over the many years seen changes to land owners and as well as getting into many areas some good but most bad for people that are responsible on doing the wishes of land owners . That’s life I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott N 06-20-2018 02:41 PM

999 your draws this year (or what ever term they use now). Sometimes it's not bad to take a year off, you might be more enthusiastic about it in 2019.

SoaringEagle 06-20-2018 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott N (Post 3801529)
999 your draws this year (or what ever term they use now). Sometimes it's not bad to take a year off, you might be more enthusiastic about it in 2019.

How do you 999 your draws?

CaberTosser 06-20-2018 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoaringEagle (Post 3801664)
How do you 999 your draws?

I just submitted m draws and I noticed a box that I did not check which noted "priority only", I am guessing that this is the new option to build your priority and voluntarily opt out of that draw for this year. Others might correct me if I am wrong here, but that seemed to make sense. I missed submitting my draws entirely last year, that's just as well though, as I didn't have a minute to get out hunting at all.

sns2 06-21-2018 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaberTosser (Post 3801671)
I just submitted m draws and I noticed a box that I did not check which noted "priority only", I am guessing that this is the new option to build your priority and voluntarily opt out of that draw for this year. Others might correct me if I am wrong here, but that seemed to make sense. I missed submitting my draws entirely last year, that's just as well though, as I didn't have a minute to get out hunting at all.

Correct

Grump 06-21-2018 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sns2 (Post 3801700)
Correct

x2. The "priority only" radio button is effectively the new "999". You can still buy a general tag later and hunt on it if you have a change of heart.

SoaringEagle 06-21-2018 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaberTosser (Post 3801671)

Thank you for the help. First time submitting draws.