Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I thought this is why we pulled our F-18's (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=287093)

bobtodrick 04-25-2016 12:02 PM

I thought this is why we pulled our F-18's

You know...we can't be mean to those radical Islamists...they never done anything to us
http://globalnews.ca/news/2660817/ca...adline-passes/
Well it appears they have.

rugatika 04-25-2016 12:13 PM

Guess they didn't get their sweaters on time.

elkhunter11 04-25-2016 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rugatika (Post 3212464)
Guess they didn't get their sweaters on time.

They must not have liked the color.:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Ucluelet Charters 04-25-2016 01:19 PM

Disgusting!! if it was my family I would have wanted to Canada to give the money, on the other end it's a tough one because you don't want to put a dollar value on hostages making Canadians a target for groups like these even greater.

Definitely a sad day poor family :(

CaberTosser 04-25-2016 02:27 PM

Seems to me like JTF2 could use some variety, say perhaps some jungle training instead of arid hot/cold conditions. I agree with not caving to terrorists demands for ransom, but wonder what lengths were undertaken to get these scumbags.

The more heavy-handed one becomes with kidnappers the less there would be. Send in some Ghurkas to mess with their boot laces & prevent them from ever waking up again. An internationally funded team for just this would be pretty neat. Kind of like AMA roadside assistance, except with full-autos and kukri's in their tool kit.

2 Tollers 04-25-2016 02:36 PM

Sad to hear and condolences to the family.

On the home front remind me again on how this works -- "If you kill your enemies they win - JT"

^v^Tinda wolf^v^ 04-25-2016 07:35 PM

My condolences, it will take a lot more for the drama teacher to step up and when he does he will look like a hero in the eyes of those who voted for him.

CaberTosser 04-25-2016 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^ (Post 3212843)
My condolences, it will take a lot more for the drama teacher to step up and when he does he will look like a hero in the eyes of those who voted for him.

When he does? I'd put that as a pretty remote if. Besides, if such a directive is given it will be people well above his station (while simultaneously well below his pay grade) doing the actual stepping up.

Trudeau would hike in with a stylish murse and try to make friends with catered gluten free appetizers; on his own he'd be in the exact same spot that this poor fellow wound up in.

Grizzly Adams 04-25-2016 08:45 PM

on his own he'd be in the exact same spot that this poor fellow wound up in.

I'd go for that. :D As for the F18 s, only boots on the ground are going to solve the problem, which means political will, that nobody has.

Grizz

raab 04-25-2016 09:21 PM

Id bet dollars to doughnuts that members of JTF2 are in the phillipines or on their way right now. No way Trudeau wants more bad publicity with another Canadian being beheaded down there.

^v^Tinda wolf^v^ 04-25-2016 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaberTosser (Post 3212855)
When he does? I'd put that as a pretty remote if. Besides, if such a directive is given it will be people well above his station (while simultaneously well below his pay grade) doing the actual stepping up.

Trudeau would hike in with a stylish murse and try to make friends with catered gluten free appetizers; on his own he'd be in the exact same spot that this poor fellow wound up in.

You don't think after a serious attack on Canada he would join the battle ? You got me thinking now :thinking-006: I would think any country would call this an act of war.

Knot Rite 04-25-2016 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams (Post 3212926)
on his own he'd be in the exact same spot that this poor fellow wound up in.

I'd go for that. :D As for the F18 s, only boots on the ground are going to solve the problem, which means political will, that nobody has.

Grizz

Maybe its time for Canada to stop being so passive and be a little assertive and step up to the plate.

Bobby

2 Tollers 04-26-2016 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raab (Post 3212972)
Id bet dollars to doughnuts that members of JTF2 are in the phillipines or on their way right now. No way Trudeau wants more bad publicity with another Canadian being beheaded down there.

Have to disagree with you on this. JT wants to be seen as a world leader at the UN for peace. He lives in the past where Canada was in the blue helmets in various locations around the world. He cannot be talking to the world "Canada is back" and sending the best troops into remote areas for cleansing operations. JT really does not understand why terrorists would not listen to him and automatically like him. As a gad fly he will do a PR conference and move on to another piece of news in a day or two. He lives for the camera shots not the tough calls.

elkhunter11 04-26-2016 07:21 AM

Reading the posts, it's obvious that several people have Turdeau figured out. With him, it's all about me, me, me, he wants to be in the news where everyone can see him, he could care less about actually running our country. He makes decisions based on how much publicity he can get or how he will look in the media, he could care less about Canada or Canadians, unless it's election time, and he needs votes.

Badback 04-26-2016 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elkhunter11 (Post 3213188)
Reading the posts, it's obvious that several people have Turdeau figured out. With him, it's all about me, me, me, he wants to be in the news where everyone can see him, he could care less about actually running our country. He makes decisions based on how much publicity he can get or how he will look in the media, he could care less about Canada or Canadians, unless it's election time, and he needs votes.

The above statement sums it up...JT's fight against terror with be a strongly written letter addressed to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi...RIP John Ridsdel

KGB 04-26-2016 02:31 PM

But he is "deeply outraged"!!! What a f...ng clown!

urban rednek 08-15-2020 09:04 AM

Revived for continuity. Abu Sayyaf leader captured!

Good thing he was captured in the Philippines, and not in Canada, there might be some actual justice served.

Quote:

Philippines terror boss linked to beheadings of two Canadians surrenders

An Abu Sayyaf terror suspect linked to the beheadings of two Canadians has surrendered after being wounded in a battle in the southern Philippines province of Sulu.

Separatist commander Anduljihad Susukan was taken into custody in the city of Davao, the Associated Press reported. Wanted for at least 23 murders, six attempted murders and five kidnappings, he led a network whose members are affiliated with ISIL. The island-hopping group began in the 1990s with funding from Al-Qaeda, and has been at simmering conflict with the state ever since, using kidnapping as one of its main weapons.
Full story: https://calgarysun.com/news/world/ph...2-6a7c26ad83d7

cody j 08-15-2020 09:10 AM

Wonder if blackface is working on an aid package for the poor terrorist who did the beheading?

CaberTosser 08-15-2020 09:14 AM

That cretin should be tortured extensively, with medical staff available to treat him so he can recuperate for additional torture.

Bigwoodsman 08-15-2020 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaberTosser (Post 4218918)
That cretin should be tortured extensively, with medical staff available to treat him so he can recuperate for additional torture.

Totally. The turd deserves this treatment

BW

huntinstuff 08-15-2020 04:05 PM

always fight

They will rape women and kill you anyways

Fight

Die fighting

Those people are subhumans. There is no limit on the number you can take. Take lots

Because once they wire your hands behind your back, your're in bad shape