Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cutco knives.......Double D edge??? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=54212)

Knownonscents 03-07-2010 09:52 PM

Cutco knives.......Double D edge???

Whatta you guys think? I saw these at the sportsman show in reddeer and thought they were pretty impressive. Any opinions?

Also their warranty seemed quite impressive aswell.

http://www.cutco.ca/products/product.jsp?itemGroup=5718

Vindalbakken 03-07-2010 10:15 PM

My wife bought some Cutco kitchen knives. We don't own them anymore.

bsmitty27 03-07-2010 10:17 PM

good knives

My parents got A kitchen set when I was growing up. They have hade them for almost 20 years now. They like them.

Brad

thumper 03-07-2010 10:28 PM

I've had Cutco knives for years, and have used many of the usual, brand name knives over the years - but I'm a convert to Cutco. The hunting knives aren't pretty to look at, (down-right ugly) but they stay razor sharp forever. I've got an orange handled double d edge hunting knife that's processed 2 moose, 2 antelope and a whack of deer so far - and it's still sharp. I also have a Cutco pocket knife with me at all times, and my wife has a half dozen of their kitchen knives - she loves them too.

FallAirFever 03-07-2010 10:32 PM

I like mine

We have a set of cutco kitchen knives, some are the d-edge some are straight edge I like them both. Just sent off my chef knife and pearing knife for sharpening.

also have the hunting knife clip point with the d-edge has been through 3 or 4deer so far, gut and skin, and keeping its edge. Nice and sharp and I love the handle.

NINJABABY 03-07-2010 10:34 PM

I have 4 Cutco hunting knives and I love them big time. One of them have processed 9 deer and still sharp. Also have some knives in kitchen and they are all great. The best warranty on them.

Once I dropped one of my hunting knife and broke the tip of it, send it to cutco and they send me back a brand new one. Just have to pay the shipping cost. You can't go wrong with Cutco.

Jerry D 03-07-2010 10:38 PM

They got a lot going for them for those who can't sharpen a knife...

I personally like to and enjoy sharpening my knives so I have gone that route with a much less expensive, but still good quality set of traditional blade knives.

madatter 03-08-2010 07:09 AM

I've got the hunting knife,a fileting knife and a paring and butchering knife.
Best knives I've ever owned and hold an edge forever.
People who have used the fileting knife say its too sharp!!:lol::lol:
Don't like sharpening knives so they are a great investment for me.

ducky_hunter 03-08-2010 07:28 AM

I have had one for 8 year now. Just sent it back this winter to be sharpend for the first time and they just sent me a new one awsome knifes if you ask me.

tkhiebs 03-08-2010 08:54 AM

My Parents have the kitchen set. They have had them for about 10+ years the paring knife just broke in a real weird spot mom sent it in had a new one in about a week or two. pretty good if you ask me.

heybert 03-08-2010 10:30 AM

Have a few kitchen knives and the hunting knife. Just got my hunting knife back from being sharpened. Processed 4 deer, a bear and moose before I decided to have it sharpened. Had the utility knife sharpened after 10 years.

SCRUB 03-08-2010 10:47 AM

I have one of the fillet knifes and i'm very impressed and happy with it and would suggest it for anyone.

crazyfish 03-08-2010 04:45 PM

I have both the orange handle hunting knife and the orange handle fillet knife, ... i hope they will last forever ! Very sharp, and very comfortable in the hand ! well worth the price !

ghostguy6 03-08-2010 06:53 PM

Personally I didnt like the cutco knives. They are good for people that cant sharpen a knife but right out of the box mine didnt have much of an edge. It was sharp but not on par with my standards.
For a hunting knife a prefer a Busse Boney Active Duty. So far I have gutted 7 deer, 3 seasons worth of fish and all my general outdoors tasks. I have only honed the edge, never needed a good sharpening.

http://www.bussecompanystore.com/act...-10-750JPG.jpg

bucknaked333 03-08-2010 07:47 PM

My parents and me have nearly everthing cutco can sell, At christmas time
I always get something from them. I love all there stuff, Not sure what it is but the forks and spoons are really nice and the knives are aways sharp. This year we had a good hunt and shot three elk and there was lots of knives there but the cutco knives were the only ones sharp in the end. I got two for christmas, a black and a white one..

dsp 03-09-2010 07:29 AM

Cutco Knives

I saw them first at the Huntfest last summer. Since then I have purchased a few hunting both Double D edge, straight edge and kitchen knives. I have, as most out there,several knives and even some custom ones, I also have done a lot of sharpening as well. This brand is very well made and the warranty is even better. Kinda like a commercial here, I liked them so much that I now sell them. So if anyone out there is looking or wants to know more about them give me a shout.

moosemad 03-22-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsp (Post 530600)
I saw them first at the Huntfest last summer. Since then I have purchased a few hunting both Double D edge, straight edge and kitchen knives. I have, as most out there,several knives and even some custom ones, I also have done a lot of sharpening as well. This brand is very well made and the warranty is even better. Kinda like a commercial here, I liked them so much that I now sell them. So if anyone out there is looking or wants to know more about them give me a shout.

Hey Dean, got my hunting knife today in the mail, looking forward to breaking it in this fall. Thanks for the fast service.