Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Boat Launch and water level info? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=321817)

Slayer33 05-17-2017 08:19 AM

Boat Launch and water level info?

So I'd like to get out on the water but is there any way to find out what lakes have water levels high enough to launch?

I'm in Calgary and want to hit up somewhere nearby to test out my new motor and try a little fishing... I launched at Pine Coulee a few weeks ago just to break the motor in, but I'd rather not go there at this time since the fishing isn't good yet.

I'm considering these places this weekend, I'd appreciate it if anyone could chime in with any knowledge?

Gleniffer Lake
Chestermere Lake
MacGregor Lake
Ghost Lake
Gull Lake
Newell Lake

TROLLER 05-17-2017 08:32 AM

Glennifer water level is most likely still low, Ghost is gonna be real low and most likely no hope of launching till they raise it back up.

Chestemere will cost you to launch, most likely Mcgregor is your best bet

Slayer33 05-17-2017 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TROLLER (Post 3541949)
Glennifer water level is most likely still low, Ghost is gonna be real low and most likely no hope of launching till they raise it back up.

Chestemere will cost you to launch, most likely Mcgregor is your best bet

Thank you! I've only been to Mcgregor once.. the NW corner.. there was a small launch there.. is that the best one?

I was going to go to Gull Lake cause I heard it was good.. its just a bit of a drive. I don't mind paying at Chestermere if its like $20 or something.. I'd save that $ in fuel

Are there any other options near (north of the city) that are launch friendly and have somewhat decent fishing?

millsboy79 05-17-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slayer33 (Post 3541954)
Thank you! I've only been to Mcgregor once.. the NW corner.. there was a small launch there.. is that the best one?

I was going to go to Gull Lake cause I heard it was good.. its just a bit of a drive. I don't mind paying at Chestermere if its like $20 or something.. I'd save that $ in fuel

Are there any other options near (north of the city) that are launch friendly and have somewhat decent fishing?

Chestermere is 45$ if your boat is over 16' and / or 10hp.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Slayer33 05-17-2017 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by millsboy79 (Post 3542069)
Chestermere is 45$ if your boat is over 16' and / or 10hp.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Dang! that's a lot for a couple hours of fishin since I was going to try to go after work!

TROLLER 05-18-2017 11:45 AM

The north launch at Mcgregor is in nice shape now that it has been redone. You will have no issues launching there.

MAC 05-18-2017 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slayer33 (Post 3542083)
Dang! that's a lot for a couple hours of fishin since I was going to try to go after work!

Feeling I got was they are trying to discourage anyone other ther locals.

MAC