Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Lake Sundance Perch (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=108913)

Sundancefisher 10-25-2011 02:45 PM

Lake Sundance Perch

Be ready come Christmas AOF...cause people are gonna be getting a nice mess of perch in their stocking.

I was out with Badback on Sunday and in two easy hours caught about 70 perch of which over 45 were 8-10 inchers. Should be some mighty fine perch bonking done this winter!

Like in previous Winters I will try and get as many of you fine folk out fishing as possible... Light line, small, small jigs is the way to go!

My meal worm farm will be ready!

YAHOOO!!!!!

BeeGuy 10-25-2011 03:25 PM

8-10''??? wow.

archercurt 10-25-2011 03:29 PM

Add me to the list!

I've been trying to get in there forever, sighn me up for the perch slaying this winter!

kinwahkly 10-25-2011 03:36 PM

That would be awesome, count me in!!!!

sanjuanworm 10-25-2011 03:42 PM

I'm in.

wheresthefish 10-25-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Like in previous Winters I will try and get as many of you fine folk out fishing as possible...
Well hello there neighbor...

Deb 10-25-2011 05:18 PM

We live close by, Sundance, and would love to try out our Marmish rods if you'd have us :)

prosnowsk8er 10-25-2011 06:05 PM

i would also love to come help thin out that perch population there

HunterDave 10-25-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundancefisher (Post 1131954)
Be ready come Christmas AOF...cause people are gonna be getting a nice mess of perch in their stocking.

I was out with Badback on Sunday and in two easy hours caught about 70 perch of which over 45 were 8-10 inchers. Should be some mighty fine perch bonking done this winter!

Like in previous Winters I will try and get as many of you fine folk out fishing as possible... Light line, small, small jigs is the way to go!

YAHOOO!!!!!

YAHOOO? If I didn't know how much that you hate perch in your lake I'd think that you are really having fun and looking forward to catching them. ;)

BeeGuy 10-25-2011 06:25 PM

What are the reg's on the lake?

Eddy62 10-25-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundancefisher (Post 1131954)

YAHOOO!!!!!

that small lake needs every member off AO to go there and catch the perch as it is getting to over run. that it is going to become a big problem with your trout population soon. or already has.

now catch and release off a grass carp would be interesting fishing if you can keep the perch off lol you should talk to kevin or whos in command and see if you can get a bunch off folks to perch fish on a weekend to thin out that lake,,simple fishing for everyone ,and would help out because the other solution will be too shock that small lake and start over ive seen it done to a favorite lake off mine in bc (gardom ) and its been 2 years and i am still wondering when they are going to open it up.or maybe now it is will check on that.

when you can take a bucket off fish home,or net loads theres a problem so get a bunch off anglers out there and help your community lake out..good fishing

Eddy62 10-25-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeeGuy (Post 1132282)

its a community lake,,if you live outside off it you can only fish by invite....

kostianych 10-25-2011 06:44 PM

perch.....that is great.....I`m in :)

BeeGuy 10-25-2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parnavi (Post 1132302)
its a community lake,,if you live outside off it you can only fish by invite....

Is that the only reg?

Eddy62 10-25-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeeGuy (Post 1132352)
Is that the only reg?

http://www.lakesundance.org/ this is for locals and invites

BeeGuy 10-25-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parnavi (Post 1132374)
http://www.lakesundance.org/ this is for locals and invites

Whoa, that's a lot of reg's.

No perch limit.

How do they taste???

Gust 10-25-2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeeGuy (Post 1132389)

No perch limit.

How do they taste???

They taste like butter fried in butter then basted with butter.

Parnavi, you're new,, do a search of Sundance perch, he's been having fishathons for ages and will fill you in on the problem there.

Eddy62 10-25-2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeeGuy (Post 1132389)

No perch limit.

How do they taste???

bee guy i have worked on some custom homes there through my company and have had alot off oppurtunities to fish there and never took a client up on there pass for the day but i think i will make some calls this winter and get one for a day, shouldnt be a problem..sundancefisher can take some anglers in and fish as i presume hes a home owner there.

i am 100 percent catch and release and i dont like eating fish but to get a few perch for my wife would be nice, so i dont no how they taste,,,,

if sundancefisher cant get you out let me no and i will see what i can do and we can go catch some perch for a day..thats a generous offer from sundancefisher to get some ao people out there for some fishing,,,,,,,

Eddy62 10-25-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GustavMahler (Post 1132435)
They taste like butter fried in butter then basted with butter.

Parnavi, you're new,, do a search of Sundance perch, he's been having fishathons for ages and will fill you in on the problem there.

new? to what.. i no the problems there i have read the numerous past posts on ao about the situation with the perch at sundance.poison the lake.empty the lake.all around cost. fish a thons awesome all i am saying is lets control the perch population out by fishing it.. lets open the gate and help out the people in this community and rid them off some perch.. and leave the trout alone

than maybe alot off folks can go home instead off driving hrs to get perch and have there butter fried in butter,, and at the same time will be helping the community out.....

Garry B 10-25-2011 08:35 PM

I'd be overjoyed and grateful if you'd have me down this year Kevin. Been hoping to get there and meet you for a few years now but haven't made it yet for one reason or the other - just didn't work out. Hope this year is different. Best regards.

Gust 10-25-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parnavi (Post 1132510)
new? to what.. i no the problems there i have read the numerous past posts on ao about the situation with the perch at sundance.poison the lake.empty the lake.all around cost. fish a thons awesome all i am saying is lets control the perch population out by fishing it.. lets open the gate and help out the people in this community and rid them off some perch.. and leave the trout alone

than maybe alot off folks can go home instead off driving hrs to get perch and have there butter fried in butter,, and at the same time will be helping the community out.....

New as in your join up date, I was unaware that you'd seen other threads on Suns perch bonking frenzies,, though the summer ones are mostly netting.

FishingMOM 10-26-2011 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeeGuy (Post 1132282)

Trout off limits.
Perch must die!

I've got a kid who cant wait to hit the hard water.

slivers86 10-26-2011 06:31 AM

Count me in bud :) I'll bring the grape crush and oreos :sHa_sarcasticlol:

wheresthefish 10-26-2011 09:52 AM

My great uncle would only fish for and keep perch. I never thought to ask him why.

Calgarys_finest 10-26-2011 01:39 PM

I would love to take my little one here this winter if someone could drill us a hole or 2. She will fish up a storm.

Quick question, because this is a community lake and they have some of their own rules does that mean barbs are allowed?

FishingMOM 10-26-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheresthefish (Post 1133139)
My great uncle would only fish for and keep perch. I never thought to ask him why.

Because they are so goood.
Remember the saying good things come in small packages, well that is true for eating perch.

wheresthefish 10-26-2011 03:49 PM

I have never tried Perch, yet. Maybe one day I will find out what his obsession was...
hint hint wink wink

slingshotz 10-26-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calgarys_finest (Post 1133442)
I would love to take my little one here this winter if someone could drill us a hole or 2. She will fish up a storm.

Quick question, because this is a community lake and they have some of their own rules does that mean barbs are allowed?

I believe so if it's anything like the regs at Lake Bonavista. Except I think you are only allowed one rod instead of two.

jacenbeers 10-26-2011 04:22 PM

I am excited to try to hit some perch again. Last year all I caught was a a couple small rainbows. I am going to bring more suitable gear this time around.

Grizzled 10-26-2011 04:25 PM

Grandson, his dad and I are in for sure sounds like a lot of fun !!