Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Fly Fishing Expo - Calgary Jan 23- 25 (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=25338)

Duk Dog 01-05-2009 10:33 PM

Fly Fishing Expo - Calgary Jan 23- 25

Figured there may be a few wondering when this show is - January 23 - 25.

http://www.flyfishingevents.com/

Big.Bear 01-06-2009 08:04 AM

dman I really really hope I can somehow make it to that:(

Jimmie Legs 12-10-2009 11:15 AM

Pieroway Rod Company - Canada

I'm excited to see what Geoff Pieroway has come up with on his rod designs for 2010, I've heard rumors that I hope are true. :)

troutpirate 12-10-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmie Legs (Post 452938)
I'm excited to see what Geoff Pieroway has come up with on his rod designs for 2010, I've heard rumors that I hope are true. :)

hey jimmie do you know what day their having it on this year?

McLeod 12-10-2009 12:06 PM

Note the logo ? Good stuff..
It's a very good event.

RIVERDRIFTER 12-10-2009 12:41 PM

We will have a booth setup, look forward to meeting some of you. I will also be assisting in the workshops.

diamonddave 12-10-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIVERDRIFTER (Post 452995)
We will have a booth setup, look forward to meeting some of you. I will also be assisting in the workshops.

:lol: Im sure with the last thread you were involved in, that there are some here that look forward to meeting you to! :lol:

Sorry, I had to just poking fun :p

Okotokian 12-10-2009 12:58 PM

Wrong dates

Just so you aren't disappointed when you show up on Monday January 25, the actual dates of the show are January 22 to 24, NOT January 23 to 25. I apologize on duk dog's behalf. He's been hitting the bottle lately. ;):D

RIVERDRIFTER 12-10-2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamonddave (Post 453005)
:lol: Im sure with the last thread you were involved in, that there are some here that look forward to meeting you to! :lol:

Sorry, I had to just poking fun :p

No one knows who I really am and what company im with. So its all good

elkhunter69 12-10-2009 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIVERDRIFTER (Post 453011)

I do...and i'm working it as well...See you then! :)

RIVERDRIFTER 12-10-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elkhunter69 (Post 453058)
I do...and i'm working it as well...See you then! :)

lol I bet you do

LongDraw 12-10-2009 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIVERDRIFTER (Post 453011)

Oh yes we do ;)

RIVERDRIFTER 12-10-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongDraw (Post 453157)
Oh yes we do ;)

Guess ill see you then:D

Fishfinder 12-10-2009 04:51 PM

Leave the bickering to the PMs pls and let the thread serve its purpose.

diamonddave 12-10-2009 05:24 PM

I apologise, I started it, but i was just going for some sidways humor. No disrespect intended.:ashamed:

DarkAisling 12-11-2009 08:16 PM

I had a look through the workshops . . . a couple of them look interesting, and I think #1 son and I might take a workshop.

If, being novice flyfishers, we can only take one workshop which one should we take? Kingfisher is helping us with flytying, we'll be doing Hanson's Outfitter's Flyfishing bootcamp in the spring (already paid for), and I've already taken a casting lesson with the Reel Hookers' Club.

I'm leaning towards "Flyfishing Alberta's Stillwaters" with Phil Rowley, but Brian Chan's workshop might be interesting too.

I could use a little direction :)

Kingfisher 12-12-2009 01:20 AM

I have taken both Brian's workshop and Phil's workshop. Both are exellent work shops.

Brian's is more focused on chronomid fishing as Brian is the formost expert in this field. He is a former biologist for the BC government (now retired) and lives and mainly fishes in BC. So his focus is more on BC lake fishing.

Phil lives in Edmonton and his focus will be more on Alberta lakes and streams. So for the fishing that you'll be doing I'd say take Phil's course. You'll get more information that you can apply directly to lakes and rivers here in Alberta.

By the way I'm done my 2 weeks of afternoon shift so I will be going on 2 weeks of days. So figure out when you and James have some time and let's get Jeff and all of us get together another evening of tying.

I think we should tie up some of the bead headed micro leeches next. They are easy and quick. Then I'll show you folks how to make up some dubbing loops and we'll make a few dubbing loop leeches. Black mixed with red is a deadly combination. Olive with red is another of my favorites.

Cheers,
Rob

notagoodtroutfisher 12-12-2009 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmie Legs (Post 452938)

I second that. According to facebook, they are going to have a pretty cool booth set up

jts1 01-24-2012 10:42 PM

Great idea. I am in just let me know when.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingfisher (Post 454516)
I have taken both Brian's workshop and Phil's workshop. Both are exellent work shops.

Brian's is more focused on chronomid fishing as Brian is the formost expert in this field. He is a former biologist for the BC government (now retired) and lives and mainly fishes in BC. So his focus is more on BC lake fishing.

Phil lives in Edmonton and his focus will be more on Alberta lakes and streams. So for the fishing that you'll be doing I'd say take Phil's course. You'll get more information that you can apply directly to lakes and rivers here in Alberta.

By the way I'm done my 2 weeks of afternoon shift so I will be going on 2 weeks of days. So figure out when you and James have some time and let's get Jeff and all of us get together another evening of tying.

I think we should tie up some of the bead headed micro leeches next. They are easy and quick. Then I'll show you folks how to make up some dubbing loops and we'll make a few dubbing loop leeches. Black mixed with red is a deadly combination. Olive with red is another of my favorites.

Cheers,
Rob

Okotokian 01-25-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jts1 (Post 1273210)
Great idea. I am in just let me know when.

LOL

You missed it by three years. You are responding to a 2009 post.