Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Archery Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Opinions on APA (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=278434)

JWCalgary 01-25-2016 11:57 AM

Opinions on APA

Hey there! Looking forward opinions on the Viper Air from anyone that has one or tried one.

28.5 draw, 60#. Will be used for deer...eventually

L.O.S.T.Arrow 01-25-2016 12:53 PM

:D Personally best bow out there right now...lol

Was never a short ATA bow shopoter...however the Viper AIR right out of the box I shot 8 Robin Hoods with first 80 arrows...couldnt believe how accurate it is, and how well I could shoot it...soooo comfortable and smooth,

Was a 20 yr Mathews shooter before the APA Air and Nano, shot the Nano and AIR and sold all the Mathews, Least problems of any bow I have ever owned...

Im 28/66 and shot pass thrus on elk...its all the bow I will ever need!

If needed parts are simply overnight delivery
Awesome quaility, inovations and Proud to be Canadian

Neil

jlgsgw 01-25-2016 03:40 PM

Great bows, and canadian company to boot, I highly doubt you'd be disapointed in any of their line up. Plus your not paying quite as much as some of the high end bows, but the quality is definitely there.

Lefty-Canuck 01-25-2016 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlgsgw (Post 3119800)
Great bows, and canadian company to boot, I highly doubt you'd be disapointed in any of their line up. Plus your not paying quite as much as some of the high end bows, but the quality is definitely there.

Actually in some cases you pay more than the high end bows, all depends on the the model and brand. APA seems to increase their bows with the U.S. dollar increases as well.

LC

3blade 01-25-2016 04:56 PM

I own a viper nano, have shot the viper air with LOST....personally I prefer the nano, hard to explain but it seems to settle on target better on longer shots for me. Slightly different balance. Air does have a slightly smoother draw though, if I was hunting strictly deer from treestands in close it might get the nod.

The viper nano is comparable to the Mathews helium, where the air is comparable to the DXT...if that helps any.

we are talking about the #1 and #2 bows on the planet IMO and splitting hairs. Either way you won't be sorry, APA makes an amazing bow.

jlgsgw 01-25-2016 04:57 PM

Lol in some cases yes, go price out a hoyt , paying for the Name pretty much

Zuludog 01-25-2016 05:33 PM

So is APA increasing prices to keep pace with the US dollar? You'd think being made in Canada this wouldn't be the case unless they buy the materials for their risers in US dollars??

diamond k 01-25-2016 07:16 PM

I find the APA have a lot of vibration.

I have owned just about every brand and some I liked and some I hated but that is why they make differ bows for different people. You need to shoot it and make decision for your self

Right now I am shooting a Prime Ion and I think it is best now I have ever owned but that is just me.

L.O.S.T.Arrow 01-26-2016 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck (Post 3119830)
Actually in some cases you pay more than the high end bows, all depends on the the model and brand. APA seems to increase their bows with the U.S. dollar increases as well.

LC

:D Im sure APA will dissagree as they keep their prices on par as any other top end brand or model...Since APA takes approx a 40 lb plus block of Aircraft aluminum and machines their risers which if you look closely is almost twice as much machining as most bow brands with all their inovations...so it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see where price is coming from...

APA does adjust its price with the rise and fall of both dollars as does all US manufacturers and ALL Canadian distributors of any of those US bows or products...

L.O.S.T.Arrow 01-26-2016 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diamond k (Post 3120043)
I find the APA have a lot of vibration.

I have owned just about every brand and some I liked and some I hated but that is why they make differ bows for different people. You need to shoot it and make decision for your self

Right now I am shooting a Prime Ion and I think it is best now I have ever owned but that is just me.

:D Agreed on some of the low brace smokin fast bows there is a little...however tamed smooth with right stabilizer...the Solo cams are as smooth as any in fact my APA has less vibration feel than any of my Mathews solo's I have owned...

APA for me is just the feel is so right..balance, grip and follow thru...

Neil

jlgsgw 01-26-2016 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow (Post 3120535)
:D Agreed on some of the low brace smokin fast bows there is a little...however tamed smooth with right stabilizer...the Solo cams are as smooth as any in fact my APA has less vibration feel than any of my Mathews solo's I have owned...

APA for me is just the feel is so right..balance, grip and follow thru...

Neil

I didn't find my m5 had vibration, it was the first thing I noticed was how dead in hand it was, but maybe that was just compared to my old Martin lol, that one should been called the "Rattler" lol

kujoseto 01-26-2016 10:27 AM

I've been interested in apa but not looking to get a new bow any time soon. Haven't tried one yet. Tried some other brands and wondered if they vibrated so much because it isn't tuned when it leaves the factory. ? :confused0024:
Makes it tough to compare one to the next.
Trying them made me more content than ever with my bowtech experience.

L.O.S.T.Arrow 01-26-2016 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kujoseto (Post 3120574)
I've been interested in apa but not looking to get a new bow any time soon. Haven't tried one yet. Tried some other brands and wondered if they vibrated so much because it isn't tuned when it leaves the factory. ? :confused0024:
Makes it tough to compare one to the next.
Trying them made me more content than ever with my bowtech experience.

:D I think its more leaning toward a different bow feel...the bows are as in tune or better than some other top brands out of the box...

APA have a sound all its own...and may sound like a vibration to some...all can be tamed with right accessories as with any modern bow..

As you say each to their own and preferance...at least you gave them an honest try...many have opinions that have never shot them...

Neil

Lefty-Canuck 01-26-2016 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow (Post 3120517)
:D Im sure APA will dissagree as they keep their prices on par as any other top end brand or model...Since APA takes approx a 40 lb plus block of Aircraft aluminum and machines their risers which if you look closely is almost twice as much machining as most bow brands with all their inovations...so it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see where price is coming from...

APA does adjust its price with the rise and fall of both dollars as does all US manufacturers and ALL Canadian distributors of any of those US bows or products...

Let me try to understand :)

Looking at the MSRP of some other companies flagship bows they come in below that of some APA bows. Not sure how you can disagree with a published number :).

So APA wastes more aluminum than other manufactures so that translates to higher costs for the consumer? Using a 40lb block of aluminum does not make the riser better/stronger/lighter....but it likely drives the cost up :)

You took exception to my point, but reread my points and your answer (basically you agree with me) so therefore my point is valid :)

LC

L.O.S.T.Arrow 01-26-2016 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck (Post 3120684)
Let me try to understand :)

Looking at the MSRP of some other companies flagship bows they come in below that of some APA bows. Not sure how you can disagree with a published number :).

So APA wastes more aluminum than other manufactures so that translates to higher costs for the consumer? Using a 40lb block of aluminum does not make the riser better/stronger/lighter....but it likely drives the cost up :)

You took exception to my point, but reread my points and your answer (basically you agree with me) so therefore my point is valid :)

LC

:D Ummm Yaaaa....lol...ok use yer left side of the brain...appears that the right side is defective...lol

Neil

Lefty-Canuck 01-26-2016 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow (Post 3120685)
:D Ummm Yaaaa....lol...ok use yer left side of the brain...appears that the right side is defective...lol

Neil

My brain works fine....your googly eyes for APA cloud your judgement :)

LC

L.O.S.T.Arrow 01-26-2016 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck (Post 3120691)
My brain works fine....your googly eyes for APA cloud your judgement :)

LC

"" Says the Blowtech Fanboy

:)

Lefty-Canuck 01-26-2016 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow (Post 3120700)
"" Says the Blowtech Fanboy

LOL, That's the best you could come up with? Again ask what cam system they first OEM'd and who they OEM'd it from....you might be surprised :)

LC

nekred 01-26-2016 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck (Post 3120705)
LOL, That's the best you could come up with? Again ask what cam system they first OEM'd and who they OEM'd it from....you might be surprised :)

LC

And limbs LOL!

L.O.S.T.Arrow 01-26-2016 03:03 PM

:D Wow someone asks an opinion on a partictular bow and fanboys gotta chime in on why their bow is better :sign0161:

:sign0161:

L.O.S.T.Arrow 01-26-2016 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck (Post 3120705)

LC

:D LOL Again a bow company thats only been around since 99...check who they OEM'd everything from strings on up...

lol

Twisted Canuck 01-26-2016 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow (Post 3120753)
:D Wow someone asks an opinion on a partictular bow and fanboys gotta chime in on why their bow is better :sign0161:

I only noticed the APA fanboy talking down on the Hoyt......:)

L.O.S.T.Arrow 01-26-2016 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck (Post 3120768)
I only noticed the APA fanboy talking down on the Hoyt......:)

Who mentioned a HOYT...lol... Back of the line Rookie :fighting0074:

hahaha

jlgsgw 01-26-2016 03:37 PM

Lol I was just saying I had a good experience with my apa, I have no real preference, I'm not shooting an apa anymore, if I'd waited till the 16' line up I would've taken a real hard look at the new 36. My mention of hoyt was just my opinion about overpriced, they are a great bow I don't think anyone debates that. I just get a kick out of guys just getting into the sport and feeling they need a $1800 to start. In my world it's like a guy buying a $300 stiletto hammer before you learn how to swing a $5 powerfist hammer from princess auto lol but hey, ya gotta keep up with the Jones's

Lefty-Canuck 01-26-2016 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow (Post 3120753)

I never mentioned a single brand :)

LC

Enewman 01-26-2016 04:26 PM

Isn't an Apa just a backwards Hoyt.

Hogie135 01-26-2016 04:27 PM

Wait a minute, I just bought a Hoyt! You telling me I won't be able to hit a target or fill my freezer with it? Well that sucks!!

Hogie135 01-26-2016 04:29 PM

If I'm not mistaken, all y'all are pretty successful with your stick flingers every year so what makes one brand better than the other, other than personal choice?

RayM77 01-26-2016 04:50 PM

Breaking news.....APA just released there 2020 line up, they look just like this.
http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/...sp0fmvy7m.jpeg
Rumour has it there will be a new paint color as well.

Enewman 01-26-2016 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayM77 (Post 3120906)
Breaking news.....APA just released there 2020 line up, they look just like this.
http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/...sp0fmvy7m.jpeg
Rumour has it there will be a new paint color as well.

Where can I order one at