Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Poo therapy (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=346178)

pikergolf 06-10-2018 05:57 AM

Poo therapy

Some interesting stuff coming out of poo transplant therapy. I have been following this type of research for a while. Seems antibiotics can mess up and disrupt the gut leading to all sorts of ailments. Lots of research in the direction of auto immune stuff with poo therapy as well. Not for the weak stomach though.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfou...rder-1.4684159

antmai 06-10-2018 09:13 AM

nasty

A treatment for C diff involves using someone else's fecal donation to reset yours. At one time (maybe still), it was actually inserted orally through a feed tube!
That there is a chitty situation.

roger 06-10-2018 09:55 AM

fyi,
the bristol stool chart is the guaging system for stool identification ranging from type 1 to type 7
type 1 looks like whitetail pellets in february, type 3-4 being life is good, type 7 being black bear after eating 50 lbs of lard, exlax and chili.
and this concludes todays juicy tidbit of whisdumb

Willowayin 06-10-2018 12:30 PM

I started drinking and fermenting my own kombucha tea for the same reason. This is more appeasing to the stomach. kombucha tea supports the gut and all the friendly germs etc etc for a better balance in the gut overall. Gives a kick for energy too.
:cool:

Positrac 06-10-2018 01:34 PM

And here I thought just having a really good poo was therapy in itself...

timbertom 06-10-2018 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Positrac (Post 3796884)
And here I thought just having a really good poo was therapy in itself...

x2 and like clock work helps::sHa_shakeshout:

silverdoctor 06-10-2018 04:58 PM

They've been doing fecal transplants successfully with dogs for a while now too. Not the nicest thought in the world but hey, chow down :)

pikergolf 06-10-2018 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverdoctor (Post 3796987)
They've been doing fecal transplants successfully with dogs for a while now too. Not the nicest thought in the world but hey, chow down :)

My wire hair loves coyote poo. Tough to keep him from finding it on walks, thankfully when he is hunting he ignores it.

buckbrush 06-10-2018 07:23 PM

Who figured this out and who was the first guinea pig?

deerfarmer 06-10-2018 09:15 PM

That's wild. I was a bit concerned they were going to say the "slurry" had to be drank but alas merely just injected.

CaberTosser 06-10-2018 09:25 PM

I can recall when some antibiotics killed off near everything in my digestive tract about 12 years ago. It was creepy as battleship gray is not something you're used to seeing afterwards, you realize immediately that something else is amiss. I hit a heath food store for some probiotics which got things back to normal. I can't see myself going with the OP's route.

Positrac 06-10-2018 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pikergolf (Post 3797012)
My wire hair loves coyote poo. Tough to keep him from finding it on walks, thankfully when he is hunting he ignores it.

Gotta love it. They can eat their own poop but a chocolate bar will kill them.

There’s a reason they don’t rule the earth.

ccmckee 06-11-2018 07:04 AM

They were discussing this very thing on doctor radio this morning on sirius. Every monday morning is the Dr.Ira Bright show he is a GI doctor at NYU at frequently has a researcher in this field on his show. They are making some very interesting discoveries for sure.

ghostguy6 06-11-2018 11:11 AM

So instead in selling blood or sperm when times get tough will you be able to make fecal donations for money?

Could be a new source of income for many AO'ers. With the amount of bull #### flying around this place we could make a fortune:sHa_sarcasticlol:

sirmike68 06-11-2018 08:17 PM

I got C-diff while in the dirt hole Misicordia hospital in Edmonton while having an operation on a broken ankle. I took two different types of medicine (poison) for 6 weeks. Luckily it worked and i didnt have to eat poo.:).. Now I have added a lot of fermented foods to my diet and am back to normal. Clindamyacin is the antibiotic that wiped out my good gut bacteria which let the C-diff take over. Vancomyacin is what totally wiped out the C-Diff and everything else in my guts and BIO-K probiotics and fermented foods rebuilt all the good bacteria.

Jays toyz 06-12-2018 08:24 AM

Lucky you with the vancomycin. I got cdiff after a course of antibiotics for a bad infection in my skull and had it for near a month before diagnosis. I am was given flagyl(poison) instead of vancomycin. Luckily it is gone and my guts are healthy again.

sirmike68 06-12-2018 10:32 AM

Actually the first round of poison was flagyl. 2 days after that course was done symptoms returned with a vengance then they put me on 3 weeks of vancomycin and that cured it. Nasty stuff.

Jays toyz 06-12-2018 11:01 AM

Flagyl is the less expensive option. Was the vancomycin harder on your body than the flagyl? It couldn't be any worse than flagyl? Could it?

sharpstick 06-12-2018 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willowayin (Post 3796854)
I started drinking and fermenting my own kombucha tea for the same reason. This is more appeasing to the stomach. kombucha tea supports the gut and all the friendly germs etc etc for a better balance in the gut overall. Gives a kick for energy too.
:cool:

Willowayin, care to share your recipe?
I have certain issues when it comes to this topic and would love to find a good recipe to help to stay regular.

Cheers,
SS