Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fly-Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   The Govt is asking..... (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=326172)

Don Andersen 07-25-2017 07:17 PM

The Govt is asking.....

Folks,

Here is your opportunity of have input into the Fisheries Act gutted in 2012

http://www.letstalkfishhabitat.ca/

Don

SNAPFisher 07-26-2017 08:43 AM

Thanks for posting this!

pipco 07-29-2017 08:40 AM

Don,
Thanks for the post.

pipco 07-29-2017 11:40 AM

Though it is typically worded in "government jargon", it's well worth the time to do the survey.

SNAPFisher 07-29-2017 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipco (Post 3593335)
Though it is typically worded in "government jargon", it's well worth the time to do the survey.

My thought as well. Some of the questions made me roll my eyes a bit but no doubt they want to understand priorities. Worth it for sure.

Mr Flyguy 07-29-2017 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipco (Post 3593335)

Agree, there are worst ways to spent the 10 minutes or so required to complete this survey.

Future feedback will be nice; hoping will happen before, well, you know:scared:

Bushrat 07-30-2017 08:28 AM

Logged into the survey 4 different times now. It locks up every time on the third line of the second page and the little sliders won't slide no matter what I do.

RavYak 07-30-2017 09:20 AM

Poorly worded and vague. Waste of time imo because most people won't know how to properly answer the questions...

Need to give more specific and easily answered questions instead of ranking a bunch of sentences with no proper definitions or examples given...

yetiseeker 07-31-2017 09:14 AM

Agreed that the questions are pretty vague.

However - I commend DFO for starting this process and attempting to engage the public.

For example, one of the last questions under the compliance section is about how to better enforce the legislation - in there, you can rate the need for more "on the ground enforcement" - something that is desperately needed in Alberta.

So, this may not by a great survey, but after doing it myself, I do feel there is some value.

I would recommend people complete the survey.

drhu22 08-07-2017 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bushrat (Post 3593762)
Logged into the survey 4 different times now. It locks up every time on the third line of the second page and the little sliders won't slide no matter what I do.

Maybe try a different browser... If you are on Firefox going to a chrome based browser or even IE will sometimes help.

Are cookies and javascript enabled?

Bushrat 08-07-2017 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drhu22 (Post 3598781)
Maybe try a different browser... If you are on Firefox going to a chrome based browser or even IE will sometimes help.

Are cookies and javascript enabled?

Using Chrome, cookies and java enabled. Tried it again just now, same thing, goes along fine until the 3rd line on second page, the slider will move to '5' and seizes. Rest of the sliders further down the page are the same. Can scroll the page and navigate but can't manipulate the sliders:budo:

pipco 08-09-2017 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yetiseeker (Post 3594287)
Agreed that the questions are pretty vague.

However - I commend DFO for starting this process and attempting to engage the public.

For example, one of the last questions under the compliance section is about how to better enforce the legislation - in there, you can rate the need for more "on the ground enforcement" - something that is desperately needed in Alberta.

So, this may not by a great survey, but after doing it myself, I do feel there is some value.

I would recommend people complete the survey.

Absolutely!