Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Guns & Ammo Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Bcl 102 (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=329957)

wildbill 09-23-2017 04:33 PM

Bcl 102

Any thoughts on these units, anyone here got one?

Skytop B 09-23-2017 05:51 PM

Why on earth would anyone need a semi auto for hunting, learn how to shoot, buy a single shot blah blah blah. Blah blah blah...

I’m expecting mine soon, very good reports so far. Already have a trigger, optic, mounts and some other goodies as well as a pile of loading components for .308

Dewey Cox 09-23-2017 08:20 PM

I want one.
My budget doesn't want me to have one though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildbill 09-24-2017 11:39 PM

Think I may sell my xcr-m and get one of these, would you?

DiabeticKripple 09-25-2017 06:13 AM

I got one showing up in the second pre order.

I have a trigger, rings and flash hider for it. Just need an optic.

It seems to like the heavier bullets from what I've seen on CGN

duster243 09-25-2017 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildbill (Post 3629009)
Think I may sell my xcr-m and get one of these, would you?

What have you been getting for accuracy with your xcr-m? I've had really good luck with my Xcr-L. I'm not going to sell mine. Haha

wildbill 09-25-2017 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duster243 (Post 3629077)
What have you been getting for accuracy with your xcr-m? I've had really good luck with my Xcr-L. I'm not going to sell mine. Haha

Lets just say I figured since it was a 308 and cost lots of money it should shoot 10x better than it actually does, I know if I didn't have a life and all the time in the world to play around with it I'm sure it could have been better. I want something that doesn't require open heart surgery just so it can be 1/4 as accurate as my 22 lr mlr or half as accurate as my buckmark with open sights shooting bucket of bullets ammo. I actually feel insulted that RA thinks in their convoluted way that this is somehow acceptable. I'd bet a crummier sks, would shoot the same. Now I'm sure there are good ones out there but mine is gone as of this morning to fund the purchase of a BCL 102, plus the bcls are made in Canada! I guess it's like my Emerson super commander some people just absolutely love and some people like me expect way more for their money.

Nyksta 09-25-2017 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duster243 (Post 3629077)

What is your definition of good luck? Most XCRs ive been witness to shoot between 3 and 8 moa.

duster243 09-25-2017 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyksta (Post 3629364)
What is your definition of good luck? Most XCRs ive been witness to shoot between 3 and 8 moa.

I have the gun in two calibers. I've had really good luck shooting 69 grain SMK in the .223rem. I've been able to hold 5 shot MOA with it. The 6.8SPC I've found to be a lot more finicky though. It's been around the 2MOA. In its defense I haven't played around with many powders and bullets though. But my conclusion with this gun is if your not a reloader I wouldn't recommend it for a super accurate rig, but if you do reload you can tune these rifles to shoot quite well for a piston semi auto. Also one thing to note, make sure the barrel is seated and torqued down properly.