Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anyone else miss Bruce Bowie? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=370828)

stefk 10-15-2019 06:53 AM

Anyone else miss Bruce Bowie?

Since the reformatting of the morning show on CHED, it’s not the same. More of a gab fest on rhetoric than engaging the listeners. I don’t mind Shae Ganham, but Chelsea Bird comes off as a bit of an airhead. I sure do miss Bruce Bowie’s calm voice and his approach on topics of the day..

sourdough doug 10-15-2019 07:32 AM

The sky is falling.....the sky is falling

WhiteTailAB 10-15-2019 07:47 AM

Chelsey is an idiot. Period. She was a big brother canada contestant. Need I say more?

Mitty26 10-15-2019 10:52 AM

Ya I don’t listen to the new ched. Really enjoyed the old format.

kidd 10-15-2019 12:02 PM

Ched

With Bruce B gone in the mornings and Andrew Grose gone in the afternoon I find both hard to listen to. Things change.
kidd

Bigwoodsman 10-15-2019 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitty26 (Post 4040149)
Ya I don’t listen to the new ched. Really enjoyed the old format.

I sent a letter to Syd Smith, program director, can't stand their afternoon host now that Andrew is gone. Never got a response.

I think Shae Ganam will eventually be the sole host on the morning show.

All I tune into now is Bob, Reid, and the hockey or football broadcasts. My ears hurt when I try to listen to the rest of the programming.

BW

pitw 10-15-2019 12:43 PM

CHED died with Rock n Roll.

Muller 10-15-2019 01:48 PM

Listen to 770.
Smith in the morning, Breakenridge in the afternoon.
Decent topics most of the time.

I can’t stand listening to Jesperson or Nye anymore.

kidd 10-15-2019 04:39 PM

Thanks for the idea. I will try 770. Never thought of it. And yes, our "friend" "Jespo" is hard to listen to as well.
kidd

Mavrick 10-15-2019 05:30 PM

Left wing propaganda station with left wing big mouths. If it was the only station on the air I’d listen to my wheels hum. I do like 770, little more of a Alberta attitude.

hal53 10-15-2019 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavrick (Post 4040350)
Left wing propaganda station with left wing big mouths. If it was the only station on the air I’d listen to my wheels hum. I do like 770, little more of a Alberta attitude.

^^^ This...…...

happy honker 10-15-2019 06:44 PM

I'm in the truck pretty early in the mornings so I do tune into the radio to keep up on whats going on in the world.
By default, I've started to listen to CBC radio because I really can't stand the new CHED morning show. I don't like the female host at all and nothing about the guy grabs me either, plus it feels like no chemistry or entertainment factor at all.

I've completely given up listening in the afternoons on CHED, once the comedian guy left, Nye isn't worth listening to at all. Find her a good partner or get her off the air.

Jesperson, at least he sounds passionate about some topics and comes across like he put some prep work into his shows, so I can tolerate him depending on the topic.

zuoxing 10-15-2019 06:49 PM

listen to as well

our "friend" "Jespo" is hard to listen to as well.
kidd

Sitting Bull 10-15-2019 07:09 PM

Agree with all the above comments. I as well spend all day in my truck. I used to listen all day long, but now the only thing worth listening to is oilers now. Even Stauffer can get to me.Maybe its just old age getting to me!

ssyd 10-15-2019 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stefk (Post 4040024)
Since the reformatting of the morning show on CHED, it’s not the same. More of a gab fest on rhetoric than engaging the listeners. I don’t mind Shae Ganham, but Chelsea Bird comes off as a bit of an airhead. I sure do miss Bruce Bowie’s calm voice and his approach on topics of the day..

Totally agree. They might as well just talk about stuff they saw on their Facebook feeds in the morning because it would have more substance. There's a reason Jespo has to come on every morning to babysit them.

brslk 10-15-2019 10:35 PM

I stopped listening to ched when they got rid of Rutherford.

trapperdodge 10-15-2019 10:40 PM

You wanna listen to pain try the CHQR 770 morning crew. Some social justice warrior soo d'yall lecturing and hectoring. I couldn't take it any longer.
Moved over to xm.

sourdough doug 10-15-2019 10:42 PM

It is all a "Global" plot....Just read between the lines.

Okotokian 10-18-2019 11:05 AM

Bruce Bowie? How old is he now? I see Bryan Hall and Bob whatsizname are still kicking around too. I remember these guys from when I was growing up in the Edmonton area. I thought they were old then. I'm now retired and they are still on the air? got to look up Chuck Chandler....

mooseknuckle 10-18-2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okotokian (Post 4041841)
Bruce Bowie? How old is he now? I see Bryan Hall and Bob whatsizname are still kicking around too. I remember these guys from when I was growing up in the Edmonton area. I thought they were old then. I'm now retired and they are still on the air? got to look up Chuck Chandler....

My dad said the same thing, Hall was blabbing on the air in 1955 I believe? The guy has to be honestly 108 years old.

Sooner 10-18-2019 01:47 PM

I sure like when Jespo the closet lefty goes on holidays and I can listen to smith for a week when I am on the road.

Bigwoodsman 10-18-2019 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sooner (Post 4041917)
I sure like when Jespo the closet lefty goes on holidays and I can listen to smith for a week when I am on the road.

Are Jespo and Iverson twins?

BW

NCC 10-18-2019 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happy honker (Post 4040377)
I'm in the truck pretty early in the mornings so I do tune into the radio to keep up on whats going on in the world.
By default, I've started to listen to CBC radio because I really can't stand the new CHED morning show. I don't like the female host at all and nothing about the guy grabs me either, plus it feels like no chemistry or entertainment factor at all.

I've completely given up listening in the afternoons on CHED, once the comedian guy left, Nye isn't worth listening to at all. Find her a good partner or get her off the air.

Jesperson, at least he sounds passionate about some topics and comes across like he put some prep work into his shows, so I can tolerate him depending on the topic.

X2 for me. I like Jespersen, can’t listen to the afternoon show since Grose left, and can tolerate the morning show for ~30% of my 10 mile drive to work.

I don’t always agree with the CBC hosts, but at least they are well prepared and understand what they’re talking about.

Okotok 10-18-2019 05:59 PM

Kind of a similar thing when Bruce Kenyon retired at AM770 in Calgary. He was awesome with a great mixture of intelligence and comedy. Gord Gillies was painful at first and OK after a while. He's gone now and the jury is still out. Still enjoy Danielle and Breakenridge though even if he is a little suspect in his leanings at times. Roy Green is always excellent and Adler is close behind.

WhiteTailAB 10-18-2019 07:24 PM

The morning show and jespo are the biggest shills around. I also lol when jespo promotes his gym membership and what not, have you seen the guy? He does not workout and if he does he eats literal sticks of butter rolled in sugar.

AlbertaAl 10-19-2019 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidd (Post 4040328)
Thanks for the idea. I will try 770. Never thought of it. And yes, our "friend" "Jespo" is hard to listen to as well.
kidd

More like a "JETHRO"

barbless 10-19-2019 10:48 AM

Anyone else miss Bruce Bowie?

No, but do miss David Bowie :sad0125:

lannie 10-19-2019 08:04 PM

I use to enjoy Eddie Keen when i lived in Edmonton, a long time ago.

Unclebud 10-20-2019 07:50 PM

I miss Bruce BIGTIME !! The 2 new clowns have ruined my morning show with 630...

abhunter8 10-21-2019 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stefk (Post 4040024)

Bruce Bowie was great. I don't listen to CHED anymore and now that I know Shaye Ganam is on there with his Liberal views I will not listen. I went to school with Shaye all the way from Kindergarten to high school. Thanks for the warning. lol