Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   African is coming to Canada next year! (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=201973)

African Hunting Events 12-12-2013 10:04 AM

African is coming to Canada next year!

If you have ever dreamed of hunting in Africa, or are planning a return visit, then be sure to come out and meet some of Africa's finest hunting outfitters from across Southern Africa, at one of 3 African Hunting Events shows in Canada next year.

Edmonton - 18 & 19 January 2014 (Edmonton Hotel & Convention Centre)
Calgary - 24-26 January 2014 (Carriage House Inn)
Toronto - 1 & 2 February 2014 (Delta Meadowvale Resort and Conference Centre)

7 African Safaris to be won, free lectures and seminars, many interesting professional hunters from across Africa.

Africa is more affordable than you think, come and see for yourself.

Okotokian 12-12-2013 10:08 AM

nevermind. My mistake

Don K 12-12-2013 10:14 AM

Can't wait! We are going Friday and Saturday, with a hockey game and a lot of drinks thrown in Friday night for good measure!!

AB2506 12-12-2013 10:44 PM

Guys, if you think you might want to go to Africa, you really need to go and meet some great outfitters face to face. You can really get a good read on how compatible you would be hunting with these guys. Pretty important if you are flying half way around the world on the biggest trip of your life.

African Hunting Events 12-13-2013 08:27 AM

Yes it is important to know the person who you will be spending a lot of time with not only hunting but around the campfire in the evenings as well. It will make for a much more memorable experience if you enjoy the company of your professional hunter.

gitrdun 12-13-2013 09:03 AM

I look forward to it in Calgary...:)

TIMWOLF 12-13-2013 11:31 AM

I'll be in Edmonton to meet up with the outfitter I hunted in Namibia with last
year. Shows like this are great to look at prospective hunts and also meet up with many of the people you have hunted with over the years.

Rather Be Hunting 12-13-2013 12:25 PM

Sounds like a great idea.
I'll be there.:)
RBH

Donny Bear 12-13-2013 05:20 PM

Two Shows again this year but on different dates this time.

It will be great shopping for sure I booked my March hunt last year at this show and have learned alot since booking! No regrets but lots more to learn it will be a great time!

nicholal 12-13-2013 06:49 PM

Any Idea which outfitters/ PH will be attending?

Always a good idea to do home work prior to attending

AL

Donny Bear 12-13-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicholal (Post 2237947)
Any Idea which outfitters/ PH will be attending?

Always a good idea to do home work prior to attending

AL

http://www.africanhuntingevents.ca/L...ibitors_2.html

There you Go Bridgit runs a great web site!

bhguy 12-13-2013 07:16 PM

africa can stay in africa with the "hunting" that is done:scared0018:

C Taylor 12-13-2013 07:41 PM

From what I understand it will be more like the show 2 years ago in Calgary just it's coming to edmonton then Calgary the next weekend. I'm looking forward to it.

TIMWOLF 12-14-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhguy (Post 2237999)
africa can stay in africa with the "hunting" that is done:scared0018:

Care to elaborate on this statement at all ? What did you not like about it when you were there hunting?

Cowtown guy 12-14-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIMWOLF (Post 2238481)
Care to elaborate on this statement at all ? What did you not like about it when you were there hunting?

X2 Doubt anything intelligible will come of it though.

nicholal 12-14-2013 10:55 PM

Thanks Donny didnt see link at bottom of add

AL

GooseSlammer 12-19-2013 01:37 PM

Namibia Outfitter...

I've been to the show at the Carriage House in twice now, as I wanted to really research outfitters before paying big bucks and heading over there. I was particularly looking for a leopard outfitter that I felt confident booking a hunt with.

After two sets of tradeshows and speaking with a lot of guys, I've decided to book with Engelbrecht Safaris. Awesome leopards and great plains game too. I'm hoping to make it over in 2014 (we'll see how the piggybank looks later in the year) but I spent a lot of time chatting with the owner (Tobie) and he's a great guy. Definitely worth speaking to and I know he's coming back again this year.

Website is www.NamibiaHuntingOutfitters.com if anyone is thinking of Namibia specifically. Huge Gemsbok and Kudu, as well as cheaper prices on Eland than I've seen in most places (for pretty good looking Eland).

Just my two cents. If you go to the show though, I'd definitely recommend speaking with Tobie.

wolf308 12-19-2013 04:30 PM

thanks for posting . man id be excited just to tag along/go with the adventure. be back up/side kick. i wonder if i could go on hunting trip like that ....like a knights squire.....lol . and hopefully less on the wallet.

ahhh wait i wont be able to go to the convention ....work......DOH

lemme know if anyone needs a wingman.... thats rich so i dont have to pay......hey its my day dream...you get out of here.LOL

wolf308 12-19-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowtown guy (Post 2238637)
X2 Doubt anything intelligible will come of it though.

haha.here we go....