Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hope this wasn't you.... (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=332950)

Big Thumper 11-07-2017 07:27 AM

Hope this wasn't you....

http://cnews.canoe.com/CNEWS/Canada/.../22763288.html

EDMONTON - Five people found naked after a two-vehicle crash in Nisku that Mounties said was “not accidental” were being treated for injuries in hospital Monday.

Leduc RCMP called to the crash at 9:47 a.m. Monday on Township Road 510 found a vehicle in the ditch. They took five people into custody, all of them “not clothed at the time of their arrest,” RCMP Cpl. Laurel Scott said in a news release.

The four women and one man were taken to hospital with undisclosed injuries.

“Preliminary investigation leads RCMP to believe that this collision was not accidental. RCMP believe that drugs and/or alcohol are a contributing factor to this collision,” Scott said in the release.

She described the incident as “quite an investigation” in an interview.

The crash scene near 5 Street, across from Trinidad Drilling, had been cleaned up by early afternoon Monday.

However, tire tracks were still visible in the snow showing where a vehicle had left the road and gone into the ditch. The tracks, along with assorted debris from a vehicle, continued for more than 100 metres before coming to a stop in the ditch just outside the main gate of Argo Sales Inc. at 655 30 Ave.

Numerous footprints could be seen in the ditch at that point, along with blue fluid.

A manager at Argo declined to comment.

The Leduc RCMP general investigation section, forensic identification section, criminal collision investigation team and the collision analyst were all assisting in what will be a comprehensive investigation, said Scott.

bat119 11-07-2017 07:35 AM

RCMP believe that drugs and/or alcohol are a contributing factor to this collision,” Scott said in the release.

That's the only thing that makes sense in this story

Taco 11-07-2017 07:41 AM

Well I've heard of mobile orgies apparently this was one of them

Zip 11-07-2017 07:53 AM

Well I gotta say...those are good odds, 4 naked women 1 naked man...way back in the day when were streaking around Brandon Manitoba..it was 4 guys and 1 girl naked...times are a changing...lol Booze may or may not have played a roll in our decisions, but never drugs...never!!
Zip:)

sgill808 11-07-2017 08:07 AM

Probably just some Oilers fans after they threw their jerseys on the ice.

normstad 11-07-2017 08:32 AM

Heard one of them was a bit stiff from the episode.

rena0040 11-07-2017 09:13 AM

Can't blame him, I'd have trouble keeping it out of the ditch too in that situation.

jstubbs 11-07-2017 09:54 AM

Four naked women and one naked guy? You kidding? I wish that was me.

colroggal 11-07-2017 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jstubbs (Post 3662061)

Anything more than three and they start to form teams

Colin

Zip 11-07-2017 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colroggal (Post 3662090)
Anything more than three and they start to form teams

Colin

Hahahah... Good one!
Zip:)

Okotokian 11-07-2017 10:42 AM

At 9:00 a.m. on a cold snowy Monday morning??????

And the strange blue liquid... lube? LOL

muzzy 11-07-2017 03:14 PM

Based on the replies and comments I read on here I'm betting they all are AO members

timsesink 11-07-2017 04:17 PM

There's just so many things about the story that makes no sense!

Big Thumper 11-07-2017 05:11 PM

Update from canoe.ca (sun)

RCMP have released more information about a bizarre crash in the town of Nisku Monday morning that ended with five naked people in police custody.

In a news release Tuesday, RCMP said the incident began at a Leduc County home at 9:30 a.m., when a man, woman and a six-week-old child were kidnapped by an unknown number of assailants. The man, whose age was not given, was forced into the trunk of the vehicle.

While the car was in motion, the man managed to escape from the trunk. A short time later, the woman and baby managed to get out of the vehicle. None of the three people forced into the vehicle were injured.

“A passerby offered assistance and secured all three in his truck,” the RCMP release stated. “The suspect vehicle rammed the rear of the truck and ended up in the ditch.”

RCMP arrested five people after the collision.

On Monday, RCMP said the five who were arrested were naked. The Tuesday news release does not explain why. Police believed drugs and alcohol may have been a factor in the incident.

Three adults remain in police custody. Two of those arrested were youth, and have been released with no charges. Charges are pending against the adults for kidnapping, and resisting arrest, police said.

RCMP believe the kidnapping was targeted and that “all parties” knew each other.

Newview01 11-07-2017 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Thumper (Post 3662335)

RCMP have released more information about a bizarre crash in the town of Nisku Monday morning that ended with five naked people in police custody.

In a news release Tuesday, RCMP said the incident began at a Leduc County home at 9:30 a.m., when a man, woman and a six-week-old child were kidnapped by an unknown number of assailants. The man, whose age was not given, was forced into the trunk of the vehicle.

While the car was in motion, the man managed to escape from the trunk. A short time later, the woman and baby managed to get out of the vehicle. None of the three people forced into the vehicle were injured.

“A passerby offered assistance and secured all three in his truck,” the RCMP release stated. “The suspect vehicle rammed the rear of the truck and ended up in the ditch.”

On Monday, RCMP said the five who were arrested were naked. The Tuesday news release does not explain why. Police believed drugs and alcohol may have been a factor in the incident.

Three adults remain in police custody. Two of those arrested were youth, and have been released with no charges. Charges are pending against the adults for kidnapping, and resisting arrest, police said.

RCMP believe the kidnapping was targeted and that “all parties” knew each other.

Could it get more crazy?

jstubbs 11-07-2017 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Thumper (Post 3662335)

...what the ****?

CMichaud 11-07-2017 06:19 PM

On the radio this am they had a call in. One caller siad his buddy was an emt.

He said the emt guy indicated rhat it was a cult that kidnapped a baby. Seems to line up with the canoe.ca update

Weird....

bat119 11-07-2017 06:41 PM

Gets stranger

RCMP say charges are pending for kidnapping and resisting arrest in connection with a two-vehicle crash in Nisku on Monday.

Investigators said a man, woman and a six-week-old baby from a Leduc County home were “forced into a vehicle against their will” at around 9:30 a.m. The man, who was put in the trunk, was able to escape, police said. They said the woman and the baby managed to get away a short time later.
A witness picked up all three in his truck, which was rammed from the back by the suspect vehicle. RCMP said the suspect vehicle ended up in the ditch.

https://globalnews.ca/news/3848933/k...h-of-edmonton/

Don_Parsons 11-07-2017 06:51 PM

Dam...

I hate missing out on good times. Ha

Don

greendrake 11-07-2017 07:04 PM

Our world is producing psychos and sociopaths at an alarming rate. They're in all walks of life all ages and all economic spectrums. Anybody know the name of the guy who bought the Diefenbunker?

WildCats 11-07-2017 08:12 PM

Quote:

Careful what you wish for, sounds like 3 of the vehicle occupants also took a ride on CEW's......

CMichaud 11-07-2017 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bat119 (Post 3662379)

Really....the witness/reporter seems to focus on the cops and worrying about the crazies standing naked outside too long?

Horutko said it looked like all five were women in their 20s.

“They [police] ripped them out of the car, they threw them into the snow and had their knees on their backs. It looked like the girls were resisting arrest, so they were getting pretty aggressive,” he said.

“They walked them straight back to the cop car naked. He tried opening the doors and he couldn’t get in the one side.

“Then he tried the other side but he still couldn’t get in so she stood there for 30 seconds, no clothes on,” Horutko recalled.

He said witnessing a scene like this — about 15 RCMP vehicles and people being arrested naked — was unbelievable.

“Just a wild morning… It was just crazy,” Horutko said. “If I didn’t have the picture, no one would have believed me.”

At the time of the crash, the temperature was about -8 C in Nisku.

Two were released with no charges as they were minors?!?

^v^Tinda wolf^v^ 11-07-2017 10:30 PM

I’m glad to hear no one was hurt from this reckless act of retardism.

260 Rem 11-07-2017 11:17 PM

Awkward situation for the police responsible to frisk the freezy’s. I wonder if they were chasing the vehicle they hit...maybe just trying to recover stolen clothes?

58thecat 11-08-2017 06:23 AM

Quote:

Just cheer for the oilers then:)

Huntsman 11-08-2017 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMichaud (Post 3662363)
On the radio this am they had a call in. One caller siad his buddy was an emt.

He said the emt guy indicated rhat it was a cult that kidnapped a baby. Seems to line up with the canoe.ca update

Weird....

Ya I was listening to the same. A weird ***** nut job family of cult followers.

Okotokian 11-08-2017 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMichaud (Post 3662534)
“Just a wild morning… It was just crazy,” Horutko said. “If I didn’t have the picture, no one would have believed me.”

Picture?!?!?!?! WHERE???? :47b20s0::confused0068:

Albertadiver 11-08-2017 06:02 PM

Wonder what the real story is???

DustDee 11-08-2017 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okotokian (Post 3662716)
Picture?!?!?!?! WHERE???? :47b20s0::confused0068:

The Global news article did have a picture of one of the girls being arrested with the important bits blurred out, but I just went to the news story link and it looks like they took that particular picture down...

The Spank 11-09-2017 11:44 AM

OMG thats too funny!! :sHa_sarcasticlol: