Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Perch fishing from shore chestermere?? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=268609)

fishingallday 10-17-2015 06:22 PM

Perch fishing from shore chestermere??

I've been wanting to find some perch lately and the glenmore res has beaten me one to many times. Might be because I've never actually targeted perch. Has anyone caught any perch from shore in chestermere? I was thinking maybe the canal. But not sure if the water would be to fast for them

TROLLER 10-18-2015 10:18 AM

Never heard of anyone catching perch in any canal in so Alberta. There has the the odd guy who has claimed perch through the ice at Chestemere but I have yet to see one.

Only thing you will get in the canal is the odd pike

Cannot think of any place you can get perch from shore, maybe Phyliss west of Caroline. And they run in the 2 to 4 inch range

fishingallday 10-18-2015 01:01 PM

I thought maybe a few would try to get elsewhere around Alberta. I'm not worried about size really I'd just like to Try a few. Since they're illegally introduced in the trout ponds you aren't aloud to keep them. I've read enchant has thousands off shore but can't be kept. Thank you for the reply

TROLLER 10-18-2015 03:57 PM

Brooks aqueduct has them and I believe they have a limit of 5 same as trout.

You should be able to maybe catch a few from the ponds shore.

pinelakeperch 10-18-2015 04:22 PM

You're going to have to do a little bit of traveling to catch decent perch. Brooks Aqueduct and Enchant Pond's perch are about the size of your index finger. Too bad Pine Lake's perch fishing went to hell, in the late 90s and early 2000s you could catch some nice perch from docks.

fishingallday 10-18-2015 07:41 PM

Alright thank you both. Rushed out of the house tonight to try enchant. Rushed a little much grabbed everything except my reel..... So not the best night. Just tossed a worm on a bobber by hand and they were all over the bobber. Even if they took the worm I wouldn't be fast enough

AdverseCity 10-18-2015 09:37 PM

Should be able to get some perch from shore at Burntstick lake NW of Sundre. They're not very big but plentiful although I've only targeted them there while ice fishing.

fishingallday 10-18-2015 11:04 PM

Alright thank you very much. Can't find that reel still so might have to use my old gear. I see tangles in my future

bigbfidaddy 10-19-2015 07:44 AM

We used to catch a ton of the little beggers in Carburn Park Ponds. Main one is best but the little one down the path near the river has bigger ones. Kids are older so haven't been in a couple years. Best of luck to you!!!

fishingallday 10-19-2015 07:00 PM

Thank you as well. I used to fish the pond closest to glenmore for pike I never knew about the perch. I will look.

fishingallday 10-19-2015 07:09 PM

Went back to enchant started very early in the morning. i had a few go after my fly and bobber but couldn't set the hook. Same with on the worm. Using a 1"piece of worm worked everything else was too big. Near the centre of the east side maybe 20' out there was a big one that kept surfacing. I seen the top fin so I knew it was a perch. First one I've really seen other than pictures. Amazing looking fish

pinelakeperch 10-20-2015 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishingallday (Post 3002426)
Went back to enchant started very early in the morning. i had a few go after my fly and bobber but couldn't set the hook. Same with on the worm. Using a 1"piece of worm worked everything else was too big. Near the centre of the east side maybe 20' out there was a big one that kept surfacing. I seen the top fin so I knew it was a perch. First one I've really seen other than pictures. Amazing looking fish

If you're looking to do REAL perch fishing, look no further...

http://www.perchpatrol.com

Joe Quiroga 10-20-2015 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TROLLER (Post 3000890)
Brooks aqueduct has them and I believe they have a limit of 5 same as trout.

You should be able to maybe catch a few from the ponds shore.

Took the kids here a few times over the summer, never caught any perch. One or two very small trout. F&W stopped by once and said there was pike in it now.