Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Flames 2017/18 season (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=330696)

boah 04-04-2018 11:13 PM

You do realize that the games are pretty much meaningless for the next few days, except for a couple teams???? I must admit your phlegms are going to lose less games than the big bad bruins.

Jamie 04-05-2018 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bessiedog (Post 3764954)
Hey boys!

‘Ni Hao’..... I’m in China right now... took a student group here.... to figure the Great Firewall doesn’t block out AO lol.

The Oilers already got big plans to improve next year..... and so have I....

This ‘Low wie’ Is gonna learn him some Kung Fu to go wit my ninja skills!

Go Oil!!

Told you he was a ninja......

BloodHound70 04-05-2018 05:03 AM

The last couple pages are getting a bit embarrassing. Neither sides have anything to chirp about anymore. It's sad on all fronts.

Phlegms still suck..........:)

BH

boah 04-05-2018 08:53 PM

One more game to get 4 more goals. Don’t think so.

HoytCRX32 04-06-2018 09:15 AM

I'm getting sick of everyone in the organization saying it's not about "character"....it's ALL about character, from the coaches down. That lame-a** excuse that we were losing home games because guys were distracted by home life and all that cr*p. Last I checked, EVERY team plays home games and have family and such...what makes us so different???

Definition of insanity....doing the exact same thing and expecting different results...Our power play (and coaches) epitomize that definition!!

Coaches with blinders on, players with distractions (I'd love to be a teenager making over $6mm/year).

Treliving? Burke? King? Whacha gonna do??? Fans deserve better!

HoytCRX32 04-06-2018 09:16 AM

Sorry all...lost my mind for a moment:angry3:

kevinhits 04-06-2018 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoytCRX32 (Post 3765762)
Sorry all...lost my mind for a moment:angry3:

No worries...HAHA...

Most of us were thinking the same thing.....:bad_boys_20:

I have been offered almost free tickets for there last few home games but passed....I can turn the channel if I want at home:scared0018:

brendan's dad 04-07-2018 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoytCRX32 (Post 3765759)
I'm getting sick of everyone in the organization saying it's not about "character"....it's ALL about character, from the coaches down. That lame-a** excuse that we were losing home games because guys were distracted by home life and all that cr*p. Last I checked, EVERY team plays home games and have family and such...what makes us so different???

Definition of insanity....doing the exact same thing and expecting different results...Our power play (and coaches) epitomize that definition!!

Coaches with blinders on, players with distractions (I'd love to be a teenager making over $6mm/year).

Treliving? Burke? King? Whacha gonna do??? Fans deserve better!

Well, I doubt Draisaitl will have a 15 point night. Good job. Please let me know which charity I should donate the $50 to. Maybe you will give me a chance to win my money back next year.

Crankbait 04-07-2018 09:16 PM

anyone find it odd that Calgary's all of a sudden super slump occurred just after gary bettmans visit to Calgary march 5th.

not really tin foil time as the nhl is a business, and the nhl is not very happy with us, I wouldn't be surprised if the conversation went a little bit like "... you can have a great year but we'd prefer that you fudge things in the play off run. No new arena, no cup."

Trochu 04-07-2018 09:29 PM

Points seem high this year, 97 gets you 8th in the east and looks like 95 would be required in the west.

sgill808 04-08-2018 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brendan's dad (Post 3766734)
Well, I doubt Draisaitl will have a 15 point night. Good job. Please let me know which charity I should donate the $50 to. Maybe you will give me a chance to win my money back next year.

I seem to recall us having a bet on the last flames oilers game :)

HoytCRX32 04-09-2018 08:57 AM

Well, just like the Flames to show up on the last game of the season....where was this effort when it mattered?
Oh well...Go Jets!!!!!

Talking moose 04-09-2018 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boah (Post 3765588)
One more game to get 4 more goals. Don’t think so.

Dam eh? Lol

brendan's dad 04-09-2018 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgill808 (Post 3766876)
I seem to recall us having a bet on the last flames oilers game :)

Brendan's Dad:

March 31st. Calgary Flames vs Edmonton Oilers. My team vs your team. Losers vs Better Losers. The Team With The Best Fans in the World vs The Team With Escaped Mental Patients for Fans (and players). Coasters vs Underacheivers.

I challenge you to a $50 wager.

You are correct. I didn't win anything this season. I still need to hear from Hoyt to see what Charity he wants me to send his $50 to. PM your EMT details and congrats :angry3:

boah 04-09-2018 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Talking moose (Post 3767509)
Dam eh? Lol

Oh well, chit happens. I’m pretty sure they have played their last game for a few months.

HoytCRX32 04-09-2018 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brendan's dad (Post 3767579)
Brendan's Dad:

March 31st. Calgary Flames vs Edmonton Oilers. My team vs your team. Losers vs Better Losers. The Team With The Best Fans in the World vs The Team With Escaped Mental Patients for Fans (and players). Coasters vs Underacheivers.

I challenge you to a $50 wager.

You are correct. I didn't win anything this season. I still need to hear from Hoyt to see what Charity he wants me to send his $50 to. PM your EMT details and congrats :angry3:

sent you a PM

sgill808 04-09-2018 12:09 PM

Brendan's Dad has lived up to his word and has donated $50 to Bowl For Kids Sake in support of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Calgary. Thank you :shake2:

Although the season didn't turn out how we wanted it too, it was fun times. :happy0180:

Trochu 04-17-2018 04:18 PM

Well, I'm not sure what happened behind closed doors, but if it was his decision, given his insistence that Brouwer play on the PP, even though he only had 5 PPP all year, that it took 55 games for Hamilton to on the 1st power play and then finished 4th on the team regarding PPP, that even though Brodie and Gio have played very well together in the past, there was no willingness to separate Brodie and Hamonic with their combined -25, why did we play Stajan to 1,000 games and then sit him on the bench for 50% of the remaining games, etc. I'm not shocked he was released. His personnel deployment was a bit baffling at times.

Wonder if they are looking at Vigneault.

boah 04-17-2018 06:44 PM

Poor guy. They expected him to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

bessiedog 04-17-2018 07:08 PM

Tee hee!

We’re soooooooo gonna beat on you guys again next year...!

Go Oil!!!

And Trochu!..... I expect you to be a man and allow me the opportunity to wager a win back on my whisky next season bub!

Or you can be a typical Flames Nǚshì dì nánhái....or Biànxìng rén

Talking moose 04-17-2018 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boah (Post 3772418)
Poor guy. They expected him to make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

With the right team he could be a Stanley cup champion.:sHa_sarcasticlol:
I’d take flames coach if they take oilers gm....

Trochu 04-17-2018 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bessiedog (Post 3772439)
Or you can be a typical Flames Nǚshì dì nánhái....or Biànxìng rén

Oh, you just missed the name that triggers me and gets me to do things for people. :rolleye2:

roper1 04-17-2018 08:43 PM

IIRC they took right to the last second to re-up Treliving as well. Mebbe they aren't done yet? Said it before , Johnny hockey needs to be a goals only guy, not the type to build a franchise around. Is Sam Bennett truly getting the look he deserves? As someone mentioned, play Brodie with Geo already.

Rig-Rat 04-17-2018 09:45 PM

Funny 3 of the 4 players you listed I think they should skid in order to get some draft help. I would hope this is just the beginning, as Flames are no where near a team strong enough to go deep in the playoffs. So get on it, even if we need to go the way of the Coilers, and mess the bed a couple years (not 11) and get the big picks in the first round. What ever as I'm tired of mediocre finishes every year.

:angry3: