Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sask whitetail draws are out (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=365249)

CamT 06-14-2019 05:14 PM

Sask whitetail draws are out

Sask whitetail draw results are available now. Anyone else get drawn I pulled a tag for zone 17.

THEBUGLER 06-14-2019 05:52 PM

6 years of applying for multiple northen zones and no dice. Well at least the sask guys can come here every year with a host and compete against all of us in our draw system.

CamT 06-14-2019 06:21 PM

100 percent agree something needs to be done on their end it’s next to impossible for guys without family to get drawn. I luckily still have family so can do family first but they need to do a priority system or something for guys who don’t. I personally like the Alberta host system haven’t used it yet but will next year it’s nice to be able to get brother out here hunting with me fairly easily and there isn’t really many people actually utilize the host system to where it makes a huge difference on draw times if you look at the numbers.

THEBUGLER 06-14-2019 06:37 PM

Do you have the numbers of how many non resident Canadians apply for Alberta draws?

CamT 06-14-2019 07:10 PM

Yup I do you can find it by finding the annual sales statistics page on the my wild Alberta page(not sure how to post a link off mobile). But in 2018 they sold 3906 non Canadian resident licenses. I believe this is for all big game animals and seasons draw and general tag. You can see right on the page there is almost twice as many non resident aliens coming from out of country. Put all those non res alien tags that are mostly outfitter allocation on the draw and there’s an extra 8000 animals in the draw right there.

Mulienewbie29 06-14-2019 08:20 PM

Saskatchewan draws do you need to use a guide/outfitter or just go out for group hunt. I know you need your hal. Be nice to hunt in sask.

Redneck 7 06-14-2019 09:07 PM

No tags again this year for my friend and I. We both tagged out on nice white tails in 2015, first year putting in the draw together and haven’t gotten it since.

cdales 06-14-2019 09:54 PM

Got it again this year. Last time I flung an arrow over the back of a 150class so this time it’s on!!

Redneck 7 06-14-2019 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdales (Post 3989447)
Got it again this year. Last time I flung an arrow over the back of a 150class so this time it’s on!!

That’s awesome! Good luck man.

Full Curl Earl 06-14-2019 11:25 PM

Zone 55

Havent drawn zone 55 by Meadow Lake since they started this. We kept the town of Loon Lake alive for about 10 years or so Hunting the area, and our group only took a total of 4 bucks in that time, (our choice).
We ate, drank, lodged and fueled there. And I only saw the same 3 groups there in all those years, so we weren’t hurting the numbers as we were all pretty picky. I sure miss the country.
I always said that if your province wasn’t open for Albertans, then we shouldnt be open for you. Sask did the right thing though after the tough winters!

spoiledsaskhunter 06-15-2019 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Full Curl Earl (Post 3989468)
Havent drawn zone 55 by Meadow Lake since they started this. We kept the town of Loon Lake alive for about 10 years or so Hunting the area, and our group only took a total of 4 bucks in that time, (our choice).
We ate, drank, lodged and fueled there. And I only saw the same 3 groups there in all those years, so we weren’t hurting the numbers as we were all pretty picky. I sure miss the country.
I always said that if your province wasn’t open for Albertans, then we shouldnt be open for you. Sask did the right thing though after the tough winters!

yup

Who Da Fisherman 06-15-2019 11:25 AM

Old home zone

Finally got drawn in my home zone, last 2 years was in a friends zone and she was hard hunting. I know all the old haunts and saw a few gooders while helping ma and pa get their moose. :sHa_shakeshout:
WDF

schurchill39 06-19-2019 08:50 PM

Another year skunked for me. I went to school in Sask so have a ton of friends with farms around Rose Town and Swift... one of these years I'll be able to hunt with them.

whitetail Junkie 06-20-2019 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Full Curl Earl (Post 3989468)

They are still doing the right thing because after a few good/great winters and now a normal population they really hav’nt increased NR tag #s that much...almost being stingy you could say! I hav’nt even applied their since 2013..hunted almost every year before that from 1999...I enjoy it there more than Alberta,even though most of my best bucks are from here.

camo 07-13-2019 03:07 PM

I'm somewhat glad to read this thread because now I know it's not just me. Been trying for 3 years to go on a whitetail hunt with a buddy that lives there. Keep trying I guess.

cacty 07-14-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBUGLER (Post 3989376)
6 years of applying for multiple northen zones and no dice. Well at least the sask guys can come here every year with a host and compete against all of us in our draw system.

Yup this!!