Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Navionics App? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=184459)

Mike_W 07-10-2013 02:04 PM

Navionics App?

Hey just curious who has the navionics app?
I have the gold chip for the west coast and the hotmaps chip for the lakes in my HDS8 but was curious what the detail is like on the newly updated app? Its only 15 bucks so I was thinking it would be nice to view while at camp and a nice backup while ice fishing?

Also does it allow you to mark locations via GPS?
If possible could someone either take a screen shot and post it or PM me for my cell # to text.

Thanks a bunch.
Mike

ineptflux 07-10-2013 04:34 PM

I have it, and I've been trying for the last few days to get Calling Lake to show up on it but it keeps showing it as land mass :sign0176:

justinO 07-10-2013 04:42 PM

Sounds like a cool app I have an HDS 8 also and will look into it. On another note do you know how to upload waypoints from an sd card to your hds 8?
Thanks
Justin

Mike_W 07-10-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinO (Post 2034790)
Sounds like a cool app I have an HDS 8 also and will look into it. On another note do you know how to upload waypoints from an sd card to your hds 8?
Thanks
Justin

Never uploaded waypoints to or from my hds8 .... I am sure lowrance website has something on it though!!

justinO 07-10-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_W (Post 2034810)
Never uploaded waypoints to or from my hds8 .... I am sure lowrance website has something on it though!!

Thanks I'll look at the website. I read the whole manual said nothing about it.

Agb Crash 07-10-2013 11:07 PM

I have it, I can mark GPS locations.
I even took it with me and it recorded complete track info when on a guided trip.
Can't see difference between it and my Nav chip in HDS 5
Have not figured out how to export to my chip or create rockfish conservation zones I can mark the corner points. I can create a track around them. Just would like to put a red layer there to remind me to stay away.
I am using it on a ASUS TFT 300 which has a built in GPS that works without an internet connection and I love it.

AGB Crash

Serengeti Charters 07-10-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agb Crash (Post 2035305)
I even took it with me and it recorded complete track info when on a guided trip.
Have not figured out how to export to my chip or create rockfish conservation zones I can mark the corner points. I can create a track around them. Just would like to put a red layer there to remind me to stay away.
I am using it on a ASUS TFT 300 which has a built in GPS that works without an internet connection and I love it.

AGB Crash

Woulda made you delete the app or phone would of went for a swim if that was on my boat :lol: Always on the look out for that since I found out about the app actually. Work hard to find these spots and bottomfish especially can be fish out easily so fairly protective.

Use the app all winter long marking new spots I want to try...so far about 2/3 have produced great fishing...so clearly the app combined with boredom pays off ;)

Mike_W 07-11-2013 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agb Crash (Post 2035305)

AGB Crash

Hey crash how do the Alberta lakes like lesser slave or cold lake look?

Mike_W 07-11-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike_W (Post 2035464)
Hey crash how do the Alberta lakes like lesser slave or cold lake look?

Ah pee on it I just bought it $15 who cares..... Seems like it has a decent amount of detail and should work for playing around while bored or camping at certain lakes where you don't want to sit in your boat for hours to search things out.

Cheers,
Mike