Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Trudeau Pauses for dramatic effect (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=382567)

jungleboy 06-02-2020 02:39 PM

Trudeau Pauses for dramatic effect

For the first time in his political career sock boy stops to think before answering a question, and it made international news.
Mind you it came across as a well rehearsed dramatic pause but it had the desired effect, the media are lapping it up.

every time I see his smarmy face on TV I want to hurl.

https://youtu.be/SeaDi-0Nz8w

Sporty 06-02-2020 02:41 PM

I viewed it as him being stumped. His handlers didn't prepare him for that question so he didn't know how to answer.

Kurt505 06-02-2020 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jungleboy (Post 4180304)
For the first time in his political career sock boy stops to think before answering a question, and it made international news.
Mind you it came across as a well rehearsed dramatic pause but it had the desired effect, the media are lapping it up.

The question caught Freeland off guard and it took her a while to tell him what to say.

The true reason he has a mop for a hairdo is to hide the intel earphone.

jungleboy 06-02-2020 02:45 PM

I would bet a weeks pay that was planned ahead down to the second.

jungleboy 06-02-2020 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt505 (Post 4180308)
The question caught Freeland off guard and it took her a while to tell him what to say.

Haha my first thought was “ get a hair cut and get a real job”

huntsfurfish 06-02-2020 03:08 PM

Good well thought out reply.:sHa_shakeshout:

Scott N 06-02-2020 03:09 PM

My guess is he was high and it caught him off guard because it wasn't scripted.

CaberTosser 06-02-2020 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sporty (Post 4180307)
I viewed it as him being stumped. His handlers didn't prepare him for that question so he didn't know how to answer.

He usually doesn’t know how to answer, ever see him answer a question posed by the opposition in parliament with anything that actually qualifies as answering the question posed rather than rambling off into their most overused talking points?

The occasions where he does answer is when he’s thrown softball questions by friendly news outlets.

1899b 06-02-2020 03:12 PM

Quote:

Ha ha yup what a goof ball. But remember this, there is only one Trudeau to hate.
All the voters that wanted him in make me more angry and that is what this country is all about now unfortunately...

Newsflash for you. He will get in again...

58thecat 06-02-2020 03:17 PM

you would stop and pause too if you just shat yourself....ohhh that will leave a stain:(

calgarychef 06-02-2020 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1899b (Post 4180322)
Ha ha yup what a goof ball. But remember this, there is only one Trudeau to hate.
All the voters that wanted him in make me more angry and that is what this country is all about now unfortunately...

Newsflash for you. He will get in again...

Unfortunately your newsflash is right... I can’t fathom how anyone could vote for him. On the other hand the conservatives aren’t offering much of an alternative.

1899b 06-02-2020 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calgarychef (Post 4180327)
Unfortunately your newsflash is right... I can’t fathom how anyone could vote for him. On the other hand the conservatives aren’t offering much of an alternative.

Conservatives are a joke. We used to have some strong conservative leadership in the past. It’s a very very sad state we are in.

stuckincity 06-02-2020 03:27 PM

Quote:

For the first time in his political career sock boy stops to think before answering a question.......

I disagree. NO he didn't think.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sporty (Post 4180307)
His handlers didn't prepare him for that question so he didn't know how to answer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott N (Post 4180320)
My guess is he was high and it caught him off guard because it wasn't scripted.

The lib/lefty teleprompter broke down, and his minion technicians had to scramble to get it working again.

Osky 06-02-2020 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1899b (Post 4180330)
Conservatives are a joke. We used to have some strong conservative leadership in the past. It’s a very very sad state we are in.

Boy oh boy, welcome to our world down here.

Osky

Sooner 06-02-2020 03:56 PM

Quote:

And when I hear him talk.

21 seconds of dead air to come up with that response. SMH

Twisted Canuck 06-02-2020 04:11 PM

He was thinking about how to paint Canada as an equally racist country, in the most smug and sanctimonious way possible.

He's actually had a lot of practice at that whole pause bit. It's when he usually swallows.

Greatwest 06-02-2020 04:16 PM

Must have taken his prompter a while to sort through all the cue cards to find the answer that JT needed to read from to answer that question. Embarrassing that this guy is the leader of our country.

cody j 06-02-2020 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck (Post 4180349)
He was thinking about how to paint Canada as an equally racist country, in the most smug and sanctimonious way possible.

He's actually had a lot of practice at that whole pause bit. It's when he usually swallows.

Who better to tell us all how racist we are than the king of blackface. Who will he pass out cash to, to make it all better?

Osky 06-02-2020 04:24 PM

Having been behind the curtain so to speak in my younger days, I would bet everything I own that he was listening to a feed. The straight ahead eyes, the subcontious nodding of the head, the slight body shift, the soft tone coming out of pause building louder, ..I have seen it a million times.

Osky

sageone 06-02-2020 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt505 (Post 4180308)

Exactly what I have been thinking since this sh!t show started.
When the scripted questions go off script he has someone (Butts) in his ear
telling him what to say. They might as well have their hand up his ***** like
the puppet he is.

cccan 06-02-2020 05:47 PM

That man truly needs help...sad

MountainTi 06-02-2020 05:49 PM

Quote:

Maybe that's why Sophie left....

Bigwoodsman 06-02-2020 05:51 PM

Quote:

This coming from black/brown face. Racism starts at the top. For him to act that way as a youngster show his parents were racist as well.

BW

sk270 06-02-2020 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cccan (Post 4180381)
That man truly needs help...sad

Unfortunately, it is the citizens of Canada that need help. I couldn't stand to watch the video to the end. Did he ever answer the question? I would be surprised if he did but just can't watch the guy. I sure used to think better of the people in Ontario and Quebec before they voted him in. It makes me happy to live in the Prairies.

MountainTi 06-02-2020 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sk270 (Post 4180386)
Unfortunately, it is the citizens of Canada that need help. I couldn't stand to watch the video to the end. Did he ever answer the question? I would be surprised if he did but just can't watch the guy. I sure used to think better of the people in Ontario and Quebec before they voted him in. It makes me happy to live in the Prairies.

Don't kid yourself, he has lot's of supporters out here as well. Just not quite as many as the east

trigger7mm 06-02-2020 06:05 PM

Trudeau pauses

That turd is a goof and an embarrassment to our country. Can’t stand the sight of him.

pikergolf 06-02-2020 06:15 PM

As much as I cannot stomach the turd, that was pretty impressive, even stately. He didn't even throw Trump under the bus. And no, I am not a supporter or commie or left wing or whatever else you want to throw at me.

Jigger 06-02-2020 06:19 PM

Why does cbc have comments turned off? What a complete joke.

Jigsalot 06-02-2020 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pikergolf (Post 4180395)
As much as I cannot stomach the turd, that was pretty impressive, even stately. He didn't even throw Trump under the bus. And no, I am not a supporter or commie or left wing or whatever else you want to throw at me.

I agree. It sent a message without a work for 20 seconds. I’m sure Trump will comment at his next speech as soon as he is out of his bunker.

EZM 06-02-2020 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pikergolf (Post 4180395)

Me too, I hate Trudeau, but it looked like it took alot of restraint for him there. How does one even comment on Trump's actions? removing protesters so that he could take a photo op to stroke his own narcissistic ego in an attempt to look like a tough guy? Then posing holding up a borrowed Bible like he is leading the people out of the promised land? that was utterly ridiculous and did nothing but stoke the fire.

I'm not sure how else one could answer the question directly - I would have deflected too.