Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Hunting Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ozonics (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=138305)

The Bit Runner. 06-23-2012 07:50 PM

Ozonics

Does any one know any thing about these things, Do they work like they say thet do?:)

jacenbeers 06-23-2012 09:15 PM

I was wondering the same thing. THey look pretty cool.

steve 06-23-2012 10:43 PM

It saved Jason Petersons bacon.

The Bit Runner. 06-24-2012 08:28 AM

Thinking of getting one, Even if it takes away half your scent like you say it could make the difference, I watched all the u-tube video's on it but one never knows, If it works like you say it could make or break a sucsess on a monster. But it may increase the harvest rate with bow hunters on BIG Whitetails then they may go on draw too like mulies:sHa_shakeshout:

snuffy 06-24-2012 08:55 AM

Hey guys, I was skeptical until I used one this spring. As u all know a Bears #1 defense is his nose and I tell u what I am a believer now!
You should look at it like an insurance policy for when u have a swirling or fickle wind. I know from experience this spring that when they get a snout full of your scent stream, with the Ozonics running, they can sometimes detect something but they don't associate it with a human and they soon relax. In my opinion the ozone smells like static electricity, the same naturally occuring smell that you can detect after a good lightning storm..that fresh smell. Again, I think one still needs to practice good hunting fundamentals as you should always do but like I said, when those fickle winds come it can save all that hard work you have invested getting in range of that trophy of a lifetime.

The Bit Runner. 06-24-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snuffy (Post 1492331)
Hey guys, I was skeptical until I used one this spring. As u all know a Bears #1 defense is his nose and I tell u what I am a believer now!
You should look at it like an insurance policy for when u have a swirling or fickle wind. I know from experience this spring that when they get a snout full of your scent stream, with the Ozonics running, they can sometimes detect something but they don't associate it with a human and they soon relax. In my opinion the ozone smells like static electricity, the same naturally occuring smell that you can detect after a good lightning storm..that fresh smell. Again, I think one still needs to practice good hunting fundamentals as you should always do but like I said, when those fickle winds come it can save all that hard work you have invested getting in range of that trophy of a lifetime.

I think i will try one, Its like you said, You still go in a scent free as possible but when that swirling wind comes up something like this could save your hunt. I am exspecially excited to try this at the bear bait.

Sledhead71 06-24-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snuffy (Post 1492331)

Been using the Ozonics now for two seasons, won't leave home with-out.. If you do purchase one, a spare battery is a good idea.

snortwheez 06-24-2012 12:06 PM

Don't own it, but i'm considering....
Found this interesting and talked to a friend in law enforcement saying that there has been talk of controlling it better or even banning it here...
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/04/14...ce-terrorists/

The Bit Runner. 06-24-2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snortwheez (Post 1492568)
Don't own it, but i'm considering....
Found this interesting and talked to a friend in law enforcement saying that there has been talk of controlling it better or even banning it here...
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/04/14...ce-terrorists/

Interesting read, Thanks for sharing!

skhoser 06-25-2012 10:42 PM

I used one last fall. Actually I borrowed it from Jason Peterson and used it during the last week of the season. I wasn't getting the winds I needed to hunt a stand with a big deer on it.
To me it seemed like a gimmick but I had deer that had to cross my scent line to get out to the fields.
In my opinion, it doesn't make human scent dissapear totally, it seems to mask it or change it. I know that may not make a whole lot of sense, but when deer were in my scent line, they didn't spook, but I could tell they knew something was up. It was like they couldn't quite figure it out, but not totally scared of it.
Although hunting the proper winds is the best way to kill a big deer, to me this is a bit of a crutch if you need to make something happen.

Just my two bits worth.