Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Archery Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   stabilizers (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=234153)

SonofDixie 10-24-2014 10:26 PM

stabilizers

Was going to buy a stabilizer tonight. But, which one?? Theres so many to choose from.

What should i look for in a stabilizer? Are they specific to the bow? I have a mathews drenalin.

Thanks guys

Big pete 10-24-2014 10:44 PM

I shoot a 6" b stinger hunter xtreme and i love it

32-40win 10-24-2014 10:50 PM

Screw a few different ones on and see if the bow balances way you like first.
And if you are happy with the weight of it. You may want a short and light one for hunting, or a longer and heavier one for target or 3-D.
Any of the Sims or Doinker type units with the vibration absorption systems are nice to use, and do what they are supposed to do.
It doesn't take long to acquire a selection of them, kinda like buying shoes.
I've got old Hoyt vented solid aluminum units, hydraulic units, and assorted Doinkers and Sims equipped units, they all worked, but each bow needs to be setup for your tastes and how it feels in your hands, at full draw and thru the shot.

3blade 10-26-2014 12:28 AM

I use axion stabilizers, because I can change the weights in the harmonic dampers to maximize effect. Has been very effective in both enhancing accuracy and eliminating vibration.

L.O.S.T.Arrow 10-27-2014 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3blade (Post 2592016)
I use axion stabilizers, because I can change the weights in the harmonic dampers to maximize effect. Has been very effective in both enhancing accuracy and eliminating vibration.

:D X2... the Axion come in Mathews LOST camo plus have the Mathews HS [Harmonic stabilizer] and Dampeners...plus they look very cool..

For my hunting bows I have the 3" and 4 " GLZ Gridlock or SSG pending on weight and balance of bow...

http://www.axionarchery.com/Products/Stabilizers.aspx

They really do work both for pin float and as a noise and/or hand shock dampener...most Modern hunting bows are quite with little hand shock so the benefits are really for stabiliziation to aid with pin float or better aiming...

Neil

SonofDixie 10-27-2014 08:07 PM

Wow those are pretty sweet. Thanks for the advice yall.

FallAirFever 10-27-2014 09:11 PM

B Stinger

I shoot a 6" B Stinger, it's black and green. They have lots of colors to choose from if that's at all important to you. More importantly they balance very nice. Can't really comment on vibration reduction cause my bow was awesomely quiet already

SonofDixie 10-28-2014 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallAirFever (Post 2594498)
I shoot a 6" B Stinger, it's black and green. They have lots of colors to choose from if that's at all important to you. More importantly they balance very nice. Can't really comment on vibration reduction cause my bow was awesomely quiet already

Is there any where in Edmonton that sells B stinger? Or is it online only.

Zuludog 10-28-2014 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonofDixie (Post 2594941)

I have a B - Stinger, I picked it up at Jimbows in Calgary. Depending on when you need it you could by from Jimbows when they open here.

FallAirFever 10-28-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonofDixie (Post 2594941)

Not too sure, I bought mine in Calgary.
If you have a particular size and color in mind you could call Calgary archery center and see if they have one or will order one from their supplier for you. Mine took less than a week to come in.

Id be happy to pick it up and mail it to you if you find one there.

SonofDixie 10-29-2014 10:20 PM

Man i really appreciate that. Thanks for all the advice yall.