Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   scratching my head over quad theft (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=361296)

claystone 03-24-2019 08:22 AM

scratching my head over quad theft

Thieves stole my grandsons quad the other night, I thought it gone for good but last night my grandson came and woke me up. He said a vehicle stopped by the road and when he checked his quad was back. I got up to check and low and behold it was put back UNDAMAGED!

Dewey Cox 03-24-2019 08:49 AM

Is it a Polaris?

gtr 03-24-2019 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dewey Cox (Post 3951627)
Is it a Polaris?

LOL. Who is taking that bet?

Dean2 03-24-2019 09:04 AM

Quote:

Is it a Polaris?

Now that thar is funny, I don'ts care who you is!

Glad it came home, even if it is a Polaris. Would love to hear if you ever figure out what the deal was, buddy borrowed it? someone trying to teach him to lock up his stuff or just a thief with a guilty conscience.

Talking moose 03-24-2019 09:07 AM

Quote:

Is it a Polaris?

Bahahaha!!!! And OP that’s great news for the grandson!

Jays toyz 03-24-2019 09:38 AM

Someone saw their kid came home with a quad they "found by the road" or some nonsense. Made the teens return it, but didn't want any charges so they did it on the down low.
Or so goes my assumption anyway. Awesome it came home.

Bigwoodsman 03-24-2019 10:17 AM

Quote:

Is it a Polaris?

I just spewed coffee everywhere!

BW

EZM 03-24-2019 10:51 AM

Quote:

Is it a Polaris?

That's the best post I've seen in a long time .......... lol

elkhunter11 03-24-2019 10:54 AM

Quote:

Is it a Polaris?

:sHa_sarcasticlol:

roper1 03-24-2019 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jays toyz (Post 3951667)
Someone saw their kid came home with a quad they "found by the road" or some nonsense. Made the teens return it, but didn't want any charges so they did it on the down low.

I might have made my kids fess up, depend a bit on circumstance, glad the quad got home undamaged.

mooseknuckle 03-24-2019 12:07 PM

Great story. Bought my daughter a new norco last summer $700. first day at school it was stolen. She was in tears, mom was raging. Lo and behold some skidmark was selling a similar one on kijiji. Me and a bud met him in a lot off whyte ave, i was wearing the same jeans as the previous day and still had the receipt. Wouldnt you know.... serial numbers matched. After the 2 sellers were hit by a parked car i went to the west end police station and withdrew my police report and handed them a couple cell phones and wallets the 2 misplaced. They were happy my kid got her bike back and said they would gladly return the items to the fine young gentleman.

buckbrush 03-24-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooseknuckle (Post 3951780)
Great story. Bought my daughter a new norco last summer $700. first day at school it was stolen. She was in tears, mom was raging. Lo and behold some skidmark was selling a similar one on kijiji. Me and a bud met him in a lot off whyte ave, i was wearing the same jeans as the previous day and still had the receipt. Wouldnt you know.... serial numbers matched. After the 2 sellers were hit by a parked car i went to the west end police station and withdrew my police report and handed them a couple cell phones and wallets the 2 misplaced. They were happy my kid got her bike back and said they would gladly return the items to the fine young gentleman.

Great story. Although you're lucky you didn't get locked up.

Zuludog 03-24-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

:sHa_shakeshout: Finally some good news!!

bloopbloob 03-24-2019 05:33 PM

Quote:

Hmmm so weird! Parked cars can jump out of nowhere! Smart car?.....:sHa_shakeshout: Good job!

RandyBoBandy 03-24-2019 05:38 PM

Quote:

After the 2 sellers were hit by a parked car

Honorable Sir, I'm not the brightest crayon in the box BUT what do you mean a parked car hit ?? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

mooseknuckle 03-24-2019 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyBoBandy (Post 3951956)
Honorable Sir, I'm not the brightest crayon in the box BUT what do you mean a parked car hit ?? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

It was a busy lot and when good samaritans approached us as to why were kuckibg the crap outta a couple punk teens... we told the story, showed the kijiji add, and matching serial number, there were a few offering to witness that car came out of nowhere.

Ken07AOVette 03-24-2019 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooseknuckle (Post 3951965)
It was a busy lot and when good samaritans approached us as to why were kuckibg the crap outta a couple punk teens... we told the story, showed the kijiji add, and matching serial number, there were a few offering to witness that car came out of nowhere.

I just love the feel-good stories with such happy endings. Warms the heart. Well done!

RandyBoBandy 03-24-2019 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooseknuckle (Post 3951965)
it was a busy lot and when good samaritans approached us as to why were kuckibg the crap outta a couple punk teens... We told the story, showed the kijiji add, and matching serial number, there were a few offering to witness that car came out of nowhere.

sweet !!!

mooseknuckle 03-24-2019 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette (Post 3951982)
I just love the feel-good stories with such happy endings. Warms the heart. Well done!

Unfortunately a few months later i was picking up my son (same school mentioned earlier) and i saw the same two punks walking towards the bike racks. I yelled "see anything you like" and gave chase.... at 40 i cant run like i used too. They got away and obviously a good beating didnt deter them much.

claystone 03-25-2019 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jays toyz (Post 3951667)

That's what I figured made the most sense but i'll probably never know for sure. Oh and it's a Yamaha, lol.

243 wild cat 03-31-2019 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckbrush (Post 3951784)
Great story. Although you're lucky you didn't get locked up.

Awesome story!!! **** on that getting locked up crap. All people need to start to grow a set of balls. Good to here he got it handled lol

buckbrush 03-31-2019 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 243 wild cat (Post 3956105)
Awesome story!!! **** on that getting locked up crap. All people need to start to grow a set of balls. Good to here he got it handled lol

I don't think it has anything with growing a set of balls. I will protect my family and the things I work hard for. That doesn't change the fact that our legal system often favors the criminals in a case like that. Read a newspaper, you might understand where I was coming from...