Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Archery Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Shout out to GCA for a great 3D tournament (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=327726)

Twisted Canuck 08-20-2017 10:12 PM

Shout out to GCA for a great 3D tournament

Just wanted to give a big Thank You to all the guys at Game Country Archers for a great 3D Hunters shoot this weekend. The course was really excellent and challenging (as my score sort of reflected :sHa_sarcasticlol:). Had a great time as I do every year, my favorite tournament to shoot, but was exceptional this year I thought. Was nice to meet some shooters from Prince George who came all the way out to shoot as well! Good job!

scalerman 08-21-2017 04:19 AM

I had a blast shooting the course. This is the first year that I have taken part in this shoot, it will not be my last!! I will be doing some more practicing at long range though, that $34,000 moose hunt sounds like a bucket list hunt for sure.

normanrd 08-21-2017 12:21 PM

Absolutely had a great time as well. It was my first time there too, and I am really impressed with the facility and hospitality of the hometown shooters. You guys and gals did a top notch job, start to finish, and I want to thank you for the opportunity to shoot your courses! I will definitely try and make it an annual event, it's a great primer for the season opener.

Dang moose! I would love another shot at him! Lol

Norm

kujoseto 08-21-2017 03:37 PM

Did you hit close to the tube?

Lefty-Canuck 08-21-2017 03:47 PM

House renos got in the way, would love to make this shoot next year.

LC

normanrd 08-21-2017 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kujoseto (Post 3607545)
Did you hit close to the tube?

I caught a little wind gust right at the wrong time. Missed by a foot left. I would love to try it again!

kujoseto 08-21-2017 05:35 PM

That's pretty decent though. I'm assuming it was out around 100 yards. Had the right elevation though? That trip would be so much better winning it than paying for it :)

normanrd 08-21-2017 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kujoseto (Post 3607622)
That's pretty decent though. I'm assuming it was out around 100 yards. Had the right elevation though? That trip would be so much better winning it than paying for it :)

105. Several people were real close, within a few inches.

RayM77 08-21-2017 09:08 PM

Thanks all for the kind words! The board and all volunteers work really hard on this shoot and we are glad to hear you enjoyed it! Hope to see you all again next year and a few new faces! -Ray

normanrd 08-21-2017 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayM77 (Post 3607795)
Thanks all for the kind words! The board and all volunteers work really hard on this shoot and we are glad to hear you enjoyed it! Hope to see you all again next year and a few new faces! -Ray

The hard work shows Ray, really great job!

Twisted Canuck 08-21-2017 10:49 PM

And I'd also like to thank a few of the sponsors for showing up. Particularly Barton's Big Country, great that you brought out all the nice new bows to try. I really liked shooting the new Carbon Defiant. Apparently I liked it quite a lot, as I just made a deal to sell one of my Colts so I can buy a 2018. Need to decide if I want the 31 or 34" ATA. I will head down tomorrow to place my order. Damn you Doug! Damn you! :lol:

gpelker 08-22-2017 11:04 PM

GCA shoot

Quote:

Originally Posted by normanrd (Post 3607817)
The hard work shows Ray, really great job!

thanks for making the effort to head north to attend!
had a blast designing that A loop, puts a guy to the test on getting primed and ready for the real thing.
we have a strong hard working group of volunteers that made it all possible, special thanks to all those that lent a hand.
hope to see you at our next shoot.