Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   Fishing Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   good , new fishing friends ? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=132861)

camogirl 05-09-2012 09:55 PM

good , new fishing friends ?

Hello ,
I recently started learning how to fish last year , recently got my fishing licence ... Yet I have NO one to fish with ! Friends can be lame ! I'd love to learn things and have some fishing partners as I really have no clue , and would love to learn ! I found it very relaxing ! My old fishing partner is no longer around ! Anyhelp ? Thanks yall :).

Alberta Bigbore 05-09-2012 09:58 PM

I think BBJ is down in your neck of the woods this week.. Hes always out for lending a helping hand. And hes got a shiny new boat . Thats got the makings of some serious fun

MissFlyfishing 05-09-2012 10:01 PM

Do you flyfish?!?
:sHa_shakeshout:

sosa 05-09-2012 10:01 PM

Hello.

Well campgirl ! What kinda fish you wanna catch ? I just put the motor on my ole boat and am headed to fawcett to the cabin for some spring walleye ! We should chat ?

Lady Bowhunter 05-09-2012 10:02 PM

Too bad we're so far away! Would love a fishin partner!

Lefty-Canuck 05-09-2012 10:03 PM

I have a week of holidays coming up and am catching up with a buddy to hit some Southern reservoirs for pike fly fishing....not sure if you fly fish or have waders? but I have an extra couple fly rods suitable for pike...

LC

sosa 05-09-2012 10:04 PM

Lmao I mention camogirl ! StuPid I pad

camogirl 05-09-2012 10:07 PM

I haven't tried fly fishing ! I heard its a blast From what I have read !
I just wanna learn everything !

MissFlyfishing 05-09-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camogirl (Post 1432248)
I haven't tried fly fishing ! I heard its a blast From what I have read !
I just wanna learn everything !

Its a date!!

FisherGrrrl 05-09-2012 10:11 PM

come fly fishing Monday or Tuesday. I got a pontoon and fly rod you could borrow. :) I'm lacking girls to fish with so we should all unite! haha

MissFlyfishing 05-09-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FisherGrrrl (Post 1432263)
come fly fishing Monday or Tuesday. I got a pontoon and fly rod you could borrow. :) I'm lacking girls to fish with so we should all unite! haha

camogirl 05-09-2012 10:22 PM

Yes indeed ! I think yall should pm me :) and well arange something asap ! I plan to be fishing and soaking up sun all summer !

kritofr 05-09-2012 10:38 PM

http://www.calgarywomenflyfishers.com/

If you ladies are interested in fly fishing there is a organization assembled which I provided a link to (above)

pipercub17 05-09-2012 10:46 PM

lol i would love to have a gf that flyfished lol

Rabdo 05-09-2012 10:58 PM

You're welcometo join me and my wife when we get out fishing. We fish anywhere around red deer, Calgary, rocky mountain house

slivers86 05-09-2012 11:21 PM

I fish as much as I can, and I post when I'm going on here a lot. If you ever want to tag along let me know.

biggyJ 05-10-2012 08:26 AM

I would also check out the FF101 courses sponsored by orvis at Country Pleasures. Go to their website and check out the information. That is a great way to meet new people to fish with.

good luck and enjoy.

Jayhad 05-11-2012 09:42 AM

I give away some free drifts during the season ussually on fridays after June 15th. I have the boat outfitted with some pretty highend gear so you are welcome to use my stuff. Flyfishing only. I'm happily married and not looking for a date. Feel free to PM me, women are the best pupils

pophouseman 05-11-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipercub17 (Post 1432343)

Really????? that's like saying you wish you had a wife who liked golf?

ÜberFly 05-11-2012 10:09 AM

My wife does (and I'm happy to say she even out fishes me on occasion!!)

P

Quote:

McLeod 05-11-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ÜberFly (Post 1434579)
My wife does (and I'm happy to say she even out fishes me on occasion!!)

P

On OCCASION ??? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Dgirl 05-11-2012 10:25 AM

There's lots of women who like to fish. :)

It might be better for us girls meeting some of the members in a group setting.
Not saying, but just sayin' . . .

Why don't we do a AO outing somewhere close(ish) so we can meet/greet? I propose Midway reservoir for May 26/27 or a weekend night sometime soon. Lots of grass for camping, firewood, ($10/night donation) and a pond for early season practice.

If there's support for this it could be a fun way to make new fishing friends.

ÜberFly 05-11-2012 10:48 AM

Yeah on occasion! (Keeps her interested) :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by McLeod (Post 1434598)
On OCCASION ??? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

spaghetti 05-11-2012 12:16 PM

I'm Actually in the same boat, sort to speak.

Honestly, I don't have any fishing friends either, but I think thats more of just the generation I'm in.. more concerned with video games and such.

Never thought of making a thread since I'm a bit of a self starter and didn't want to impose, but this is a good idea.

If there's anyone in or around Montgomerey who likes to fish as much as I do let me know.

My favorite fish are: Suckers, Rainbows, Pike, Perch, and Whitefish and... I have no idea what I'm doing! I've only gotten so far from sheer enthusiasm.

:bad_boys_20:

TheLegend 05-11-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

I know.....hard to find

BeeGuy 05-11-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spaghetti (Post 1434720)
Honestly, I don't have any fishing friends either, but I think thats more of just the generation I'm in.. more concerned with video games and such.

Never thought of making a thread since I'm a bit of a self starter and didn't want to impose, but this is a good idea.

If there's anyone in or around Montgomerey who likes to fish as much as I do let me know.

My favorite fish are: Suckers, Rainbows, Pike, Perch, and Whitefish and... I have no idea what I'm doing! I've only gotten so far from sheer enthusiasm.

:bad_boys_20:

There are good number of fisher people on AO that are your age. Diabetickripple comes to mind. Just gotta reach out and make some connections. It's better to fish with older guys anyways as they usually have more experience and better gear.

Lots of people on the forum live in the NW, myself included.

Yéil 05-11-2012 03:08 PM

If you are ever up this way or want to head up to Cold Lake, give me a shout.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipercub17
My hubby must be one lucky guy... I fish, I hunt, I play golf, I can drive a boat, ride a motorcycle, I like camping, ride horses, can use any tool, fix cars and I squish bugs that have entered the house on my own.... I just might have to remind him of that...lol

Mike_W 05-11-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yéil (Post 1434900)
If you are ever up this way or want to head up to Cold Lake, give me a shout.

My hubby must be one lucky guy... I fish, I hunt, I play golf, I can drive a boat, ride a motorcycle, I like camping, ride horses, can use any tool, fix cars and I squish bugs that have entered the house on my own.... I just might have to remind him of that...lol

But how's your cooking?:scared0018::)

WayneChristie 05-11-2012 06:44 PM

I usually drag my lady along fishing, pretty much every weekend, if you want to try for some of the more exotic fish like sturgeon PM me and we can set something up. we usually just shore fish. Lots of pike around here too.

flygirrl 05-11-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WayneChristie (Post 1435174)
I usually drag my lady along fishing, pretty much every weekend, if you want to try for some of the more exotic fish like sturgeon PM me and we can set something up. we usually just shore fish. Lots of pike around here too.

:scared0018: Sorry Wayne couldn't help myself. I will vouch for Wayne, he is a wealth of information. ( Although he has a big head sometimes ) his better half is better than him too. Would fish with them anytime, and do. BBJ also a great fisher person and loves to help out. A meet and greet is the best way to get to know people before you go out fishing with them. That's how I met and made many friends here. :sHa_shakeshout: