Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anyone else got a little toy tractor? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=205448)

Ken07AOVette 01-12-2014 08:55 AM

Anyone else got a little toy tractor?

I love my little toy tractor! Since it was so nice out Friday I got my John deere 750 out and cleaned off the hard packed snow and ice from my driveway. In some places there was 2" of snow, 1" of ice, another 3-4" of snow. That little diesel worked like a champ, cleaned it up wonderfully!
The blades on the truck or quad won't touch the hard pack, but the new toy sure does.
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b...psym0reb1r.jpg

Zip 01-12-2014 09:05 AM

Nice Ken....when did ya pick that one up? That looks like the type of rig i need at my place for plowing,i have a blade on on my kawasaki mule,does the job...but i see your machine is alot better.

Mulestalker 01-12-2014 09:07 AM

I have a Kioti CK30 hst that has more than earned its keep on my place, put over 400hrs on it in 3 years.
30hp and over 3,000lbs moves a fair amount of snow, use the 3pt blade for the light stuff and the fel when the going gets tuff.

I actually enjoy the seat time...but this winter seems like thats all I have been doing!

Team Anzac 01-12-2014 09:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 84953
Bought this one for my nephews to fight over.

Ken07AOVette 01-12-2014 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zip (Post 2279834)
Nice Ken....when did ya pick that one up? That looks like the type of rig i need at my place for plowing,i have a blade on on my kawasaki mule,does the job...but i see your machine is alot better.

I bought it here! A very nice jet pilot sold it to me! :sHa_shakeshout:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Team Anzac (Post 2279850)
Attachment 84953
Bought this one for my nephews to fight over.

Now a blade.....:)

Team Anzac 01-12-2014 09:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 84954
Bit of a story behind this unit, we showed up at our acreage the grass was at least knee high. Wifey started mowing with the push mower, it was bogging and stalling every 30 seconds. Well she started having a **** fit, I sure as hell wasn't about to attempt cutting it with the push mower. So instead of dealing with a spazzed out woman, I loaded her in the truck and drove into Westlock lawnmower shopping, this is what she ended up with. One of the best toys I ever purchased.

Drewski Canuck 01-12-2014 09:23 AM

Kubota KLT 292

I bought a "grey market" Kubota. About 3000 pounds, 30 diesel horse, 3 cylinder, mechanical front wheel assist (4 x 4) , Rear Diff lockable with Bucket and 4 speed PTO.

A tough little tractor that can push snow like crazy, but I have no fluid in the rear tires, so a wet bucket of sand will tip the tractor, which is the only real problem. The bucket is a bit too big.

Otherwise, a god send on the lake lot.

The bucket can only pile the snow about 7 feet tall, which is a problem the last couple of years, but that's life.

Only thing I need now is a 48 or 54 inch roto riller.

Drewski

Smokinyotes 01-12-2014 09:27 AM

I Used to use my Sxs with a blade on it until I folded the push tubes. Now I have been using a 100 hp tractor with loader and bucket but I find it really big and awkward. Wouldn't mind having a skid steer but they would be pretty pricey just for pushing snow.

troutbug 01-12-2014 09:28 AM

A tractor is one of those things a man should have even if he has no real need for it. I have always wanted one

Dacotensis 01-12-2014 09:29 AM

Nothing runs like a Deere.

They always bring good money at the auctions.

I need one.
Do you think it would fit in around my yard ken?:)

Team Anzac 01-12-2014 09:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 84966

A couple of hours before this, there wasn't a smile on that face.

Ken07AOVette 01-12-2014 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dacotensis (Post 2279887)
Nothing runs like a Deere.

They always bring good money at the auctions.

I need one.
Do you think it would fit in around my yard ken?:)

If you had a half dozen garage sales :)

waterninja 01-12-2014 09:40 AM

john deere toy tractor

3 Attachment(s)
won't do what your's will ken but the kids love it. really is just a toy.

CanuckShooter 01-12-2014 09:49 AM

We have a Jinma..chinese built tractor, with a tiller, blade and diamond harrow. It's a 3 cyl diesel, 4x4 with front end loader, and a three point hitch.
It has a little over 300 hours on it right now, going to be selling it when someone buys our property. :)

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/...ps80c3fdb2.jpg

recce43 01-12-2014 09:52 AM

geez would one of you kind guys come over to my place with your toy tractor and remove snow pretty please lol

Ken07AOVette 01-12-2014 10:00 AM

If it wasn't a 12 hour drive I would in a heartbeat!

I have been told going to red deer with the toys would buy me a new truck in short time :sHa_sarcasticlol:

fogducker 01-12-2014 10:03 AM

Its the best thing you can own this year with all the snow we are having.I got a little 8N rite now to move snow but going to buy a new one this month I hope.A new Mahindra is what I am looking at or some thing with a heated cab.

Ken07AOVette 01-12-2014 10:08 AM

This is the first time I have used it on snow, I wouldn't use it for anything other than removing hard pack or the odd snowbank. The blade on the 3/4t is far superior, many times faster, warm, comfy, stereo, cup holders....

Team Anzac 01-12-2014 10:11 AM

A/C for the summer, heat for the winter, beer holder and a radio.
SOLD

Pixel Shooter 01-12-2014 10:28 AM

I luv green. LOL Best thing about Deere is it only takes 30 seconds to change implements with the quick attach front or rear. can drop loader, put on tiller or rear blade. luv 4wheel drive and luv mowing tall grass, just chews it up :)
http://www.pbase.com/keithrankin/ima...897/medium.jpg

traderal 01-12-2014 10:33 AM

You can't live on an acreage wihout a small tractor. Over the years i have owned about 10 of these as i spend too much time on first it was the bargain Finder and now Kijiji. Mostly i buy used john Deeres as i find that the hydrostatic drive and hydraulics for the FEL work better. I have had about 3 Kubotas and they are smooth and quiet. I won't buy any more Kubotas because they won't sell me parts for the grey market models and because I just find their whole attitude uppity. one tracctor i had in the past that i really liked was a JD855. Well I found another one on Kijiji a few months ago complete with a cab, tiller, mower, FEL, front mount snowblower. Took a day of work to go pick it up in Grande Prairie. Well built and when they come up for sale you have to move fast to get it. I would have bought a mahindra if they had hydrostatic in more than one model but once again there is no one close for parts. People who have one of these toys have a better outlook on life. So if someone on AO is always crabby tell hime to get a tractor.

Ken07AOVette 01-12-2014 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter (Post 2280018)
I luv green. LOL Best thing about Deere is it only takes 30 seconds to change implements with the quick attach front or rear. can drop loader, put on tiller or rear blade. luv 4wheel drive and luv mowing tall grass, just chews it up :)
http://www.pbase.com/keithrankin/ima...897/medium.jpg

Nice SCUT!

Mine would be useless without fwd, I have chains but didn't need them even using turf tires. It is amazing how much this little bugger will push, bull low gear it just doesn't stop.
There are 2 things I don't like about this tractor; no power steering, but there is a kit available, and no live pto. It would be far better running the rototiller with live pto or hydrostatic.
I bought a huge tiller for mine, 72":scared0015:
It handles it very well, even though it is a massive heavy unit.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b...ps1b8ecde4.jpg

Team Anzac 01-12-2014 11:05 AM

My mothers family are dairy farmers and always had JD's, at the time of purchase we looked at both JD's and Kubotas. Could have gotten into a JD for a bit cheaper, but the enclosed cab sold me. It does take a few extra minutes to put attachments on the Kubota. It is a pleasure to run and am very happy to have it when dealing with piles of snow. Also the finishing mower is a beast, the rough cut will knock down willows up to 3" without a hesitation. So would I purchase another Kubota if I were to upgrade?. Without a doubt "yes".

traderal 01-12-2014 11:29 AM

JD came out with quiet cabs sooner than Kubota. However a Kubota is quieter to begin with. the JD exhaust is very loud, must be very difficult to engineer a quiet muffler. I had bought a new JD4320 but found that their e-drive did strange things when i was doing loader work and also when i connected a rear finishing mower it would slow the PTO when the grass got thicker. Like i need some stupid electronics to interfere with my work. Also a lot of these newer models are made to look bigger than they are so when you try to do loader work you find you need to add a lot of ballast. I got rid of that 4320 after only 60 hrs and lost money. One reason I went back to an older 855.

Dacotensis 01-12-2014 11:42 AM

I'm not sure if it would apply to your tractor ken.
But I have several pto shafts and pumps I have taken off trucks.

Probably not the same application. But you never know.
One powered a hoist and one powered a winch.

Badgerbadger 01-12-2014 11:59 AM

I've got a little 4x4 Kubota B7100. 3 cyl, 18 hp 1982 model, 3 spd PTO, 3 spd manual with hi/low that I got from the neighbour when he moved. Over 2500 hrs on it. It has a loader, 48" tiller, and front blower that I converted to rear mount. I also fabbed up a dozer/plow blade for the winter.

I've broken it a few times, but with a few $$ and some parts or welding, it's still serving me well.

They could have done something about the engine design, though, as the glow plugs are a major PITA to change.

josey 01-12-2014 12:15 PM

We were just researching tractors last night. Never saw a Kioti before. Sounds like they are pretty good. Any idea where they sell them around Calgary? How much would a new one be?

Iron Brew 01-12-2014 12:19 PM

Kubota b7400 here. Wont get sold or traded. Unless a cab was involved. Usual iimplemens but added built a bobcat quick attach for the loader, bought a grapple and a logging winch. Love it.

hillbillyreefer 01-12-2014 12:26 PM

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/...ps642de8d4.jpg

For small jobs I use a 863 Bobcat with a blade or buckets, I really need a blower for it.

Pixel Shooter 01-12-2014 12:33 PM

Now that's a beast :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer (Post 2280151)
http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/...ps642de8d4.jpg

For small jobs I use a 863 Bobcat with a blade or buckets, I really need a blower for it.