Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum

Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Beautiful places in Canada??? (http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=172812)

Skybuster 03-27-2013 12:52 PM

And nobody has metioned Lake Louise specifically. I know it's a well worn location, but you can't argue with the beauty.

Other than that I have travelled most of Canada and I can say that I have found beauty in every area I've been, But BC sits highest in my opinion, I love the mountains and the lakes.

nekred 03-27-2013 02:00 PM

Redfern lake in BC... = Heaven

Fisherpeak 03-27-2013 02:15 PM

I`m lucky to live where I do,Rockie`s to the east,Purcells to the left, the East Koots around Kimberley are crazy beautifull.Elk on the hill sides,rivers with cutthroats,whities and grizz,I am blessed.

Dog 03-27-2013 02:18 PM

My back yard:)

MtnGiant 03-29-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omega50 (Post 1905660)

Too awesome for words

ganderblaster 03-30-2013 01:25 AM

Lady Evelyn Falls in NWT is awe inspiring.

Lone_Wolf 03-30-2013 08:51 AM

Anywhere in Alberta's rockies I would consider a beautiful place. :)

bb356 03-30-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bentley (Post 1905376)
I vote for the Queen Charlotte Islands

Agree 100%

Dog hunter 03-30-2013 10:00 AM

The north!! Beautiful water falls on the way to hay river went to whitehorse last year definitely the most beautiful city and friendly people,I have traveled coast to coast and its all stellar but the north is my fav.

antlercarver 03-31-2013 11:02 AM

Canada

Been lots of places, seen lots and have to agree with some people I met, they leave Florida and motor-home to Alaska and back taking all summer to make the trip. The best views of the whole trip are when you are on the Cassiar hiway to Watson lake turn off toward Stewart and Hyder. As you follow the river there are places you can see two or three tall thin waterfalls on each side of the road, the water is melting from glaciers high on the plateau. The road comes past a lake with a glacier calving pieces of ancient ice into the water, there are small chunks of ice on shore which we knocked parts of 10,000 year old ice off for our drinks. Love Canada

The Fisherman Guy 03-31-2013 11:30 AM

The Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum is home to some of the most diverse ecosystems and wildlife in the country. Tales that could flood a thousand valleys and wind which can fall the tallest tree pour from the berth of the AOF leaving each visitor with an ember smouldering in the belly of Albertan inhabitants, lying in wait to ignite a storm of fire to fuel even the most gargantuan of adventures.

Messages, dictations, warnings, stories.... Such as these...

4thredneck 03-31-2013 11:34 AM

My front porch looking in.

tri777 03-31-2013 12:50 PM

I know what'll happen if i share what i believe to be the most heavenly spot..it'll be buried under pavement as developers come check it out and agree with me. What to know the best way to screw up the best fishing spot? Open yer yap.

fishtank 03-31-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by recce43 (Post 1905791)
this whole damn country is Beautiful

QFT !!:sHa_shakeshout:

GunnerySgtJackson 03-31-2013 02:22 PM

I have been lucky enough to have seen a great deal of this country and lived in most of the provinces, thanks to the military and my job with them. There is not one area I could really say as more beautiful than the others. We are very lucky to live where we do!
I was on an air canada flight from T.O. to Winnipeg one time, sitting next to me was a chap from Africa. He was looking out the window not long after reaching cruise altitude and asked me what ocean we were flying over? With amusement I pulled out the Enroute magazine from the seat pouch and pointed out Lake superior on the map. His eyes went huge and all he could do was shake his head when I told him it was fresh water not an ocean......

hualon 03-31-2013 03:12 PM

The yukon

The central area of the Yukon. I have travelled the world and the YUKON is
my home!!!

fish gunner 03-31-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antlercarver (Post 1910783)
Been lots of places, seen lots and have to agree with some people I met, they leave Florida and motor-home to Alaska and back taking all summer to make the trip. The best views of the whole trip are when you are on the Cassiar hiway to Watson lake turn off toward Stewart and Hyder. As you follow the river there are places you can see two or three tall thin waterfalls on each side of the road, the water is melting from glaciers high on the plateau. The road comes past a lake with a glacier calving pieces of ancient ice into the water, there are small chunks of ice on shore which we knocked parts of 10,000 year old ice off for our drinks. Love Canada

Bear glacier. The lava fields to far away are striking as well.